February 2021 cruises

Boy howdy! I sure hope so! I have a cruise paid for sailing at end of February.    Of course when you ask an open ended question like that 50% will say the prospects look good, while the other 50% say 'no way!' The bottom line is, your guess is as good as mine or the next person that comes along. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, cruisingfool44 said:

Any thoughts on if they will be back in business in February ?

I personally don't think anyone sails out of the US or Canada  until may or June of 2021 at the earliest.

10 minutes ago, stellarose said:

by winter 2021???

Winter as December 2021, good question, who do you think will be in the whitehouse and can / will Americans follow rules?

20 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Winter as December 2021, good question, who do you think will be in the whitehouse and can / will Americans follow rules?

Seems certain states aren't following the rules. Florida and Texas have thousands of new cases every day.

8 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Boy howdy! I sure hope so! I have a cruise paid for sailing at end of February.    Of course when you ask an open ended question like that 50% will say the prospects look good, while the other 50% say 'no way!' The bottom line is, your guess is as good as mine or the next person that comes along. 

I would be shocked if cruises resumed from the states by February 2021. I think any reasonably intelligent person who sees everything going around related to this virus these days understands we are a LONG ways away from having cruises resume from US ports. What concerns me is how many scientists have predicted things are going to get a lot worse in the Fall. Things are pretty bad right now, I can’t imagine what it will be like if they are right and things get significantly worse later this year.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I would be shocked if cruises resumed from the states by February 2021. I think any reasonably intelligent person who sees everything going around related to this virus these days understands we are a LONG ways away from having cruises resume from US ports. What concerns me is how many scientists have predicted things are going to get a lot worse in the Fall. Things are pretty bad right now, I can’t imagine what it will be like if they are right and things get significantly worse later this year.  

Although I'd like to disagree with you on the points you make, I cannot.  Yes we are a long way away from cruising. 

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

Although I'd like to disagree with you on the points you make, I cannot.  Yes we are a long way away from cruising. 

Look at the deaths trend and figure that  will continue to climb for another 4 weeks.   The new case trend  is encourage the case is rolling over, but at a frightening high level.  We already know as it turns down the leadership at the national and state level will be opening up again, just in time for back too school, fall flu season.    

8_US Cross Curves (1).png

We are booked on the third sailing of the Mardi Gras for February 20, 2021.  Final payment is due late November.  If in fact she does sail then, I'm wondering how many people will still be afraid to cruise.  I think if this mess is still around, which it probably will be, I think a lot of people will just cancel rather than take a chance.  

So far, all we've seen is that they are reducing the capacity of the ships.  How will social distancing work?  Face masks?  Dining?  Way too many unanswered questions right now to say if it will  even be worth cruising by then.

18 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

We are booked on the third sailing of the Mardi Gras for February 20, 2021.  Final payment is due late November.  If in fact she does sail then, I'm wondering how many people will still be afraid to cruise.  I think if this mess is still around, which it probably will be, I think a lot of people will just cancel rather than take a chance.  

So far, all we've seen is that they are reducing the capacity of the ships.  How will social distancing work?  Face masks?  Dining?  Way too many unanswered questions right now to say if it will  even be worth cruising by then.

My wife and I are on the same cruise and feel the same way. If there is cruising, what will it look like? What restrictions and safety protocols are in place? So much unknowns right now to feel confident in cruising.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, chipmaster said:

apparently not, I feel embarrassed for our country. Deniability has lead us to where we are. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, john91498 said:

Seems certain states aren't following the rules. Florida and Texas have thousands of new cases every day.

I'm in texas and not sure why, if it's a language barrier or what but over 60% of the cases here are Hispanics. I guess they are sending people into certain hot neighbourhoods to talk to them in spanish and see if that helps. I'm in dallas cty and pretty much shut down here.

I sure hope things start improving. Record deaths yesterday.

7 minutes ago, coevan said:

Me too, have non stop from DFW to Montego Bay for my son’s wedding. Hoping for the best 

I hope the wedding plans go as scheduled. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. 🤞

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm in texas and not sure why, if it's a language barrier or what but over 60% of the cases here are Hispanics. I guess they are sending people into certain hot neighbourhoods to talk to them in spanish and see if that helps. I'm in dallas cty and pretty much shut down here.

I sure hope things start improving. Record deaths yesterday.

It is well noted that the minorities are being hit hard, IMHO this is because they are unable to shelter at home and as such as the richer people who have jobs that allow them to work at home and avoid going out except for social and good times, thus this  puts them at far more at risk in the jobs they need to do and thus why the higher case load.  

• Like 1

Its too soon to tell.  Those people who says no way Jose are just guessing.  February is a long way off.

In March/April/May, things in NY were terrible.  Now, the infection rate is way down and as is the death rate.

The two questions are how bad will the 2nd wave be and how soon will we have a vaccine and is the vaccine somewhat effective?  its too early to answer those questions.

I sure hope I cruise in late February, 2021.  When my late September/early October cruise cancelled, I was disappointed and  rebooked for late February/early March, 2021.  I told my daughter that if this one cancels to expect me to pout like a 14/15 yo teenage girl for the rest of the year!  LOL!   If it does cancel, I am not sure what I plan to do as far as a new-booking is concerned.  I really miss cruising and I am a very new cruiser.  I hate to think what seasoned cruisers are feeling about the lapse in cruises.  

Take care everyone and be safe.

On 7/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, chipmaster said:

Out of US or with US visitors from other countries ports, no way.

US won't even have gotten first round of vaccines out and to the larger population by then

One of the drug companies has a deal with the government to have $100 million doses out by the end of the year.

I realize that there is 300 million people in the US and people may need 2 doses, but 50 million people is no number to sneeze at.  Plus, Russia is rushing their vaccine out next month and comparing it to Sputnik.  I am sure that will accelarate the push to get the vaccine out.