Walk in shower

crows nest club

29 minutes ago, crows nest club said:

Hi

On our next cruise, we have a walk in shower. If we requested a shower stool from our steward, is this somethi Princess could provide ( bending to wash feet not so easy now) 🤣🤣. ?

TIA

Not sure what you mean - unless a suite setup.  We always have a walk-in shower and we are usually in a "lowly" inside cabin.  And there isn't much more room beyond the body once inside the shower.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

Just now, Steelers36 said:

Not sure what you mean - unless a suite setup.  We always have a walk-in shower and we are usually in a "lowly" inside cabin.  And there isn't much more room beyond the body once inside the shower.

Some min-suites have a literal walk in shower, no lip or tray to stand in.

• Thanks 1

What do you mean by walk in shower?  Do you mean an accessible cabin?  

Inside, ocean view, balcony all have a small shower with a shower curtain.  A shower stool will be difficult to use.  Maybe 36 inches x 36 inches and a fixed shower head.

Mini-suite (miss named enhanced balcony) and suites have a bathtub/shower combination.  

Suites do have a separate  walk in  shower as well as a bathtub.   That also goes for the few ships that have a window suite. Mini suites have a bathtub/shower combination.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

What do you mean by walk in shower?  Do you mean an accessible cabin?  

Inside, ocean view, balcony all have a small shower with a shower curtain.  A shower stool will be difficult to use.  Maybe 36 inches x 36 inches and a fixed shower head.

Mini-suite (miss named enhanced balcony) and suites have a bathtub/shower combination.  

We have a full suite with a large walk in shower with a movable shower head and large glass door which is large enough for a stool. I have also sailed in most other cabins

Just wanted to be sure that Princess can supply one.

Thanks anyway 

1 hour ago, crows nest club said:

We have a full suite with a large walk in shower with a movable shower head and large glass door which is large enough for a stool. I have also sailed in most other cabins

Thanks anyway 

oops, missed your post about a suite.  You can always wash your feet by sitting on the tub ledge then take a shower.  

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

oops, missed your post about a suite.  You can always wash your feet by sitting on the tub ledge then take a shower.  

No problem, but husband finds it difficult stepping into the bath at 89 years old. That's why we have treated ourselves next year to our first suite.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crows nest club said:

No problem, but husband finds it difficult stepping into the bath at 89 years old. That's why we have treated ourselves next year to our first suite.

Still traveling at 89 yr. old.   Good for him.   And you too. 🙂

1 hour ago, waltd said:

Still traveling at 89 yr. old.   Good for him.   And you too. 🙂

Yes, he's doing well, although I  am a few years behind him. Decided that after all this "shielding" we've had to do in UK  over last 16 weeks, we would treat ourselves to a suite and sail only if it is safe to do so at the time. 

First suite we have had in all our 66 cruises with Princess,  we  were given our first complimentary upgrade to a Penthouse Suite tbis year - cruise was cancelled 😣😣!!!

3 hours ago, crows nest club said:

Thanks anyway 

I've only had a full suite once (Ahhh!).  The walk-in shower was great - quite large.  There was a built-in seat/bench in the shower.  There's also a large tub but, for me, it would have been impossible to get in/out.

In the regular cabins (inside, ocean, balcony), the small walk-in shower can still manage room for a shower stool.  I always pre-order one & the steward brings it.  I can't stand for long & I like long showers. 

I don't book a mini-suite because it's a shower-over-tub (like most homes).  I can't safely climb over a tub side for the length of the cruise.

Enjoy the suite!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, crows nest club said:

Yes, he's doing well, although I  am a few years behind him. Decided that after all this "shielding" we've had to do in UK  over last 16 weeks, we would treat ourselves to a suite and sail only if it is safe to do so at the time. 

First suite we have had in all our 66 cruises with Princess,  we  were given our first complimentary upgrade to a Penthouse Suite tbis year - cruise was cancelled 😣😣!!!

How frustrating for you! We tried a Penthouse Suite for the first time on a short Sapphire Princess cruise out of Southampton in 2018 (see link to review in signature) and loved the extra room in the shower stall - plus all the other perks. And pushed the boat out (ha!) with a Premium Suite for the inaugural Sky Princess 7 night cruise. It's hard to go back, believe me!

Sandra

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DRS/NC said:

I've only had a full suite once (Ahhh!).  The walk-in shower was great - quite large.  There was a built-in seat/bench in the shower.  There's also a large tub but, for me, it would have been impossible to get in/out.

In the regular cabins (inside, ocean, balcony), the small walk-in shower can still manage room for a shower stool.  I always pre-order one & the steward brings it.  I can't stand for long & I like long showers. 

I don't book a mini-suite because it's a shower-over-tub (like most homes).  I can't safely climb over a tub side for the length of the cruise.

Enjoy the suite!

Thanks just the info I needed. In a lot of the hotels here in UK they have the same fold down  built in seat.

Just now, crows nest club said:

Thanks just the info I needed. In a lot of the hotels here in UK they have the same fold down  built in seat.

In the suite I had (Emerald Princess), the seat wasn't a fold-down; it was a stone (marble?) shelf-like bench -- very nice. 

I had the fold-down seat in an accessible cabin last year.  My guess is that you won't need the little, portable shower stool -- unless you want a foot stool in the shower.

9 minutes ago, crows nest club said:

Which ship are you booked on?

I just had a look at some old video we had of the Penthouse Suite shower on Sapphire Princess and there isn't any ledge on that.

showercloseup.thumb.jpg.1c0d6b59e53c8425ec4aa08f45f45402.jpg

I would definitely call the access dept for Princess  (or have your travel agent do it) and request a shower stool be in your room when you board.   They do have a limited number of them available.  

Do not wait until you are on the ship to request it.  

Here is the email address for the Princess access dept:

accessofficeprincess@princesscruises.com 

13 hours ago, crows nest club said:

Hi

On our next cruise, we have a walk in shower. If we requested a shower stool from our steward, is this somethi Princess could provide ( bending to wash feet not so easy now) 🤣🤣. ?

TIA

Not sure if it is still there, but in the Cruise Personalizer one of the options you could choose was a shower chair.

19 hours ago, crows nest club said:

Thank you. We do have a suite which had a separate bath and a large walk in shower with a door.

In this case there is a slight step, about 4inches as you get into the shower. Unless you have an handicap suit where the shower and tub are replaced by a wet room.

11 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

I would definitely call the access dept for Princess  (or have your travel agent do it) and request a shower stool be in your room when you board.   They do have a limited number of them available.  

Do not wait until you are on the ship to request it.  

Here is the email address for the Princess access dept:

accessofficeprincess@princesscruises.com 

Thank you very much.