FCC from a cruise using an FCC

I am sure this has already happened to others and would love to hear of other’s resolutions. We recently had two October cruises cancelled that we had used FCCs to pay for them. One cruise we used an FCC from a cancelled May cruise and on the other we had used an FCC we received from RCCL for a previous cruise problem. It was like a good will gesture for a problem we had on a cruise.

The question is, how will they resolve the new cruise issuance of FCC ( we we will elect and not a refund)? My assumption is a NEW FCC will be issued at 125% of the base fares of the October cruises regardless that they were paid with a previous FCC since it requires payment in full to get the FCC issued. I can’t see them reissuing the original FCCs and then do a new FCC for only 125% of the base fare less the FCC that was applied. Make sense? 

51 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

FCCs will be reissued for the same amount as the old FCCs and you only get 125% FCC on any new cash you applied to either booking.

The reissued FCC will have either the original expiration date or 1 year from the reissue date, whichever is later.

49 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Don't they now lump them into one FCC?  So OP would get 1 for each person which would include the original FCC amount plus any other money paid?

Right, but you don't get 125% on the FCC amount, only any new cash.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Don't they now lump them into one FCC?  So OP would get 1 for each person which would include the original FCC amount plus any other money paid?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but they had 2 oct cruises cancelled so wouldnt they each get 2 fcc pp? 

Would they lump both cruises into one fcc for each person?

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but they had 2 oct cruises cancelled so wouldnt they each get 2 fcc pp? 

I kinda agree...if two separate FCC's for two entirely different cruise's they should each get 2 pp. right ??

We had a B2B cancelled in April, applied 125% to September B2B (two people, four FCC).  When September cruises were cancelled these were issued as four new FCC 31-Dec-21 expiration date about a week ago.  The new cruises were slightly more than the old, so value went up slightly.  Looks like 125% of cash we added to the new cruises.  Have not gotten taxes/fees back yet.  Each cruise and passenger is handled as a separate FCC.

Edited by LeeW
more

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

They would each get 1 FCC for each cruise that got cancelled

• Like 1