Future cruise vouchers just arrived.

Just wanted to say something positive about Royal Caribbean.  We had booked two cabins out of Venice sailing October 10. 2020. I decided to cancel the trip before making final payment and feared, since I had non-refundable deposits, I had no chance of getting any of that money applied to a future cruise.  However, when I called RCL to cancel, they told me I would be getting an email giving me vouchers for future-cruise credit of my deposit amount. Two months passed, and I had almost given up but just yesterday an email arrived with a Future Cruise Certificate number for the entire amount of my deposit.

So hang in there...Royal Caribbean seems to be trying. 

• Like 4

Yes. We too received our FCCs yesterday for the full deposit amount. It wasn't much since we booked the cruise at the Next Cruise desk while on a cruise. But we got them! 

I do have a question though. They are dated with an expiration of one year. What if RCL is not cruising by within the next year? Do we then just 'lose out'? 

My TA advised me my FCC’s would be sent directly to me from RC 8-10 weeks after our cancellation date which was May 8th.  I’m still waiting been 13 weeks now!  TA advised I’ll have until April 2022 to use them. 

6 hours ago, lynncarol said:

Just wanted to say something positive about Royal Caribbean.  We had booked two cabins out of Venice sailing October 10. 2020. I decided to cancel the trip before making final payment and feared, since I had non-refundable deposits, I had no chance of getting any of that money applied to a future cruise.  However, when I called RCL to cancel, they told me I would be getting an email giving me vouchers for future-cruise credit of my deposit amount. Two months passed, and I had almost given up but just yesterday an email arrived with a Future Cruise Certificate number for the entire amount of my deposit.

So hang in there...Royal Caribbean seems to be trying. 

Got my FCC for 2 Cruises and a Refund I requested last week, only took 3 weeks. Think they are getting caught up

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Got my FCC for 2 Cruises and a Refund I requested last week, only took 3 weeks. Think they are getting caught up

In other words..... don’t hold your breath, the sun will rise eventually.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 5:15 PM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Yes. We too received our FCCs yesterday for the full deposit amount. It wasn't much since we booked the cruise at the Next Cruise desk while on a cruise. But we got them! 

I do have a question though. They are dated with an expiration of one year. What if RCL is not cruising by within the next year? Do we then just 'lose out'? 

When I spoke to the agent about redeeming the future credits, he said that the expiration date on them referred to the last date to book another cruise. From that point, I seem to recall him saying that we had until mid 2022 to sail.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lynncarol said:

When I spoke to the agent about redeeming the future credits, he said that the expiration date on them referred to the last date to book another cruise. From that point, I seem to recall him saying that we had until mid 2022 to sail.

Thank you for the reply. That's good to know as we won't be able to use them for 2021. But we'll most likely book a cruise in 2021 fro 2022! 

On 8/13/2020 at 10:47 PM, yogimax said:

Hmm, I have never received an email confirming FCC.

Any others with this experience?

We cancelled an April cruise in late March while COVID was just starting.  While we did eventually receive tax and port fees, we never received an email confirming the FCC.   I called RCL twice and was told they sent it and could  not send another.   I was also told that our reservation numbers will serve as our FCC  We shall see we have not yet re-booked.   

30 years cruising with them and RCL was the worst of the 5 cruises we cancelled.  The best  was HAL 

Although we only had 1 reservation, the emails & the FCCs came in seperate emails.  I was emailed mine and about 3 hours later a second email came regarding my wife. And the FCCs were emailed seperately as well.  We cancelled in late June on the date payment was due for a Greek Isle cruise next  month. 

1 hour ago, onthewater51 said:

We cancelled an April cruise in late March while COVID was just starting.  While we did eventually receive tax and port fees, we never received an email confirming the FCC.   I called RCL twice and was told they sent it and could  not send another.   I was also told that our reservation numbers will serve as our FCC  We shall see we have not yet re-booked.   

30 years cruising with them and RCL was the worst of the 5 cruises we cancelled.  The best  was HAL 

Thank you.  What's also frustrating is that there is no way to access your account online showing your credits.  I don't understand how such a large corporation wouldn't have that ability.

24 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Thank you.  What's also frustrating is that there is no way to access your account online showing your credits.  I don't understand how such a large corporation wouldn't have that ability.

I completely agrre with you.  A FCC should show on an account.  No reason it does not.

I received our FCC in the full amount of my $900.00 deposit 3 weeks after canceling our cruise.  I started looking at March 2022 cruises, but was told my FCC had to be used by December, 2021.   We decided to sail out of Bayonne with our FCC .  We're already booked for Venice next October.    So now, I've got 2 cruises booked for 2021.  Being optimistic.