Beware Doubled FCDs From Cancelled Cruises Not Always Doubled

beg3yrs

Those of us who opted to receive their Future Cruise Deposit back as a refundable FCC with the 100% bonus need to check their accounts carefully.

This was the default option DW and I selected (actually we did nothing) for our cancelled cruise. Finally, Princess got to our account and refunded my FCD as a $100 FCC and a separate goodwill credit of $100. That makes perfect sense.

DW also received the $100 FCC but DID NOT receive the $100 goodwill credit. I took screenshots of both our FCC pages and sent a nice note to customerrelations@princesscruises.com and three weeks later, nothing. No response, no credit. I know they're busy but ...

So last week I called direct and spoke to a representative who spent a bit of time researching the issue with what the reps call the 'help desk'. She finally came back on the line and told me that just that day they had twelve other calls with the same issue and they were looking into it. She also said she would note our file with the problem as well.

This problem has not yet been resolved. Y'all should check your own accounts. Just because one received it doesn't mean the other did!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We are experiencing this same issue as well with our cancelled Oct Regal Princess cruise.  Scott received both the $100 FCC and the $100 Goodwill credit.  I still have only received the $100 FCC credit.

We booked a Sept. 2020 cruise while onboard a cruise in Oct. 2019. I paid $100 per person FCD to the onboard sales person which was applied to the Sept. 2020 cruise. In addition as a benefit of booking while on the previous cruise we were to receive $100 each in onboard credits on the new cruise. The Sep;t. 2020 cruise was cancelled and the letter I received from Princess stated we could apply the deposit to a new cruise and it would be doubled. We booked a Sept. 2021 cruise. I see the $200 each in deposits now show. But  I believe the onboard credits that we given for the Sept. 2020 cruise should be transferred to the Sept. 2021 cruise but I'm not showing that they have. Has anyone else had a similar situation with onboard credits from Princess (not from a TA) that have or have not been transferred to a new cruise? Thanks for any advice !

Edited by JimC

20 minutes ago, JimC said:

We booked a Sept. 2020 cruise while onboard a cruise in Oct. 2019. I paid $100 per person FCD to the onboard sales person which was applied to the Sept. 2020 cruise. In addition as a benefit of booking while on the previous cruise we were to receive $100 each in onboard credits on the new cruise. The Sep;t. 2020 cruise was cancelled and the letter I received from Princess stated we could apply the deposit to a new cruise and it would be doubled. We booked a Sept. 2021 cruise. I see the $200 each in deposits now show. But  I believe the onboard credits that we given for the Sept. 2020 cruise should be transferred to the Sept. 2021 cruise but I'm not showing that they have. Has anyone else had a similar situation with onboard credits from Princess (not from a TA) that have or have not been transferred to a new cruise? Thanks for any advice !

It is my understand that it is either or with a FCD.  The FCD turns into an FCC if you take the double offer.  Or you can decline the double deposit offer and use it has an FCD with the associated OBC.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimC said:

Review #9 in the FAQ's when u pull up impacted cruises. Previously you were directed to write customer relations and on a case by case basis some were awarded the 'lost' OBC as Goodwill credit to thier accounts . Now the wording says your FCD should be returned quickly to be used on a future sailing, but you only get FCD returned now if you request refund instead of higher value with bonus FCC as your original  FCD is now exchanged for a refundable FCC which will not work like your previous FCD which gave 'OBC' based on length of cruise and cabin category . 

So I would still write customer relations to see if they will award you your 'lost' OBC It may take weeks for Princess to respond, as they are busy with more Pauses/cancellation.

If you still have FCD's in your account, you can use these for your future booking to get the 'OBC' and then apply the FCC given by Princess from your cancelled cruise to cover any remaining cruisefare. 

We are experiencing this same issue as well with our cancelled Oct Regal Princess cruise.  Scott received both the $100 FCC and the $100 Goodwill credit.  I still have only received the $100 FCC credit.

We are having the same exact issue. We opted for the double your deposit option for our canceled cruise. We received emails about 4 weeks ago that stated that our FCC’s have been refunded and are available. Upon checking our accounts, we discovered that I received the $100 FCC and the $100 Goodwill but my husband has only received the $100 FCC and not the $100 Goodwill. I contacted my TA and she has been in contact with Princess and they said it would be corrected I myself have called Princess three times and always am told that it would be corrected within the week and it is still not been fixed yet.
Not sure what’s going on???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just booked another couple cruises (Always hopeful) and I have been told that the $400 we each have as a result of canceled cruises where we used FCD is all that is needed for deposit. In looking at cruise personalizer for the cruises, I see that we have been also given substantial OBC at least equal to what we would have gotten with the FCD. Not sure if that is from them or???

There seems to be conflicting information about the onboard credits. I will phone Princess and find out. It would be terribly unfair if they took away the onboard credits we earned by booking a cruise with their onboard sales rep. These particular OB credits should not in any way be tied to the double deposit credits as everyone who had made a deposit and chooses to keep the deposit active is getting the double offer. 

• 4 weeks later...

So are you all saying that the onboard credits for a future cruise that you booked with an onboard Princess cruise sales agent did in fact carry over to your new cruise ??? Mine haven't. The excuse I got was that I took advantage of the double deposit credit to a new cruise made us ineligible for carrying the onboard credits to the new cruise. That's BS. Everyone who had paid a deposit on a Princess cruiser that was canceled got the option of a double FCC or a refund. Our onboard credit was for booking with their agent while on another Princess cruise, so not a credit available to everyone. I'm unhappy to say the very least.

6 hours ago, JimC said:

So are you all saying that the onboard credits for a future cruise that you booked with an onboard Princess cruise sales agent did in fact carry over to your new cruise ??? Mine haven't. The excuse I got was that I took advantage of the double deposit credit to a new cruise made us ineligible for carrying the onboard credits to the new cruise. That's BS. Everyone who had paid a deposit on a Princess cruiser that was canceled got the option of a double FCC or a refund. Our onboard credit was for booking with their agent while on another Princess cruise, so not a credit available to everyone. I'm unhappy to say the very least.

In Princess webinars it was stated that if you (or TA if booked with TA) contacts Princess the OBC from the used FCD can be applied on the new booking.

Call (or have your TA) call Princess again.

(Even if you do not get the OBC, unless you had a cruise over 16 days in length the $100 value of the bonus FCC is worth more than or the same as the OBC amount.)

My travel agent has contacted Princess twice with no luck. It doesn't matter if the FCC credit is double my deposit. EVERYONE who elected to get an FCC got a double amount. Not EVERYONE had onboard credits gained by booking a future cruise (that was subsequently canceled) with an onboard Princess representative. I was told by that rep that we would get those credits and I expect Princess to provide them.

I am missing bonus FCC for our deposit (we had 3 passengers in our cabin, and had enough on deposit to be harmed by Princess offering the bonus up to the cruise fare once they divided our deposit evenly between the 3 passengers), so I'm still working on that, but I wanted to chime in on the OBC question. I originally booked with a FCD, which still shows applied to my canceled cruise. I expected the double FCC based on the TA presentation, which is a bonus to me on a 7-day voyage. Aside from some bonus outstanding because of the "cheaper" third passenger fare (which I believe to be unrelated to this), there is a mystery $50 OBC on my new 7-day booking. I booked a new cruise while the FCC was still being processed, so I put a $100 cash deposit down and the FCC was applied later. I had to make a change to the booking last week, so I received a booking confirmation from the PVP, and it shows $50 OBC assigned to my mother, who is traveling with me (but has only cash on deposit). I can't confirm it, but it could only be the OBC from the FCD, so it may be possible that Princess is applying OBC to former FCDs (possibly inconsistently).

Thanks for the "head ups".

I've just checked mine and the wife's. We both have the same double credit of £394 each that we were due following the cancellation of our Enchanted Princess August cruise.

Our credit represented our FCD of £75 x 2 =£150 doubled to £300

Our cancelled flight cost of £244 doubled to £488.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:38 PM, Esprit said:

Thanks for the "head ups".

I've just checked mine and the wife's. We both have the same double credit of £394 each that we were due following the cancellation of our Enchanted Princess August cruise.

Our credit represented our FCD of £75 x 2 =£150 doubled to £300

Our cancelled flight cost of £244 doubled to £488.

I booked Enchanted Princess again for 2021 yesterday direct with Princess. I was expecting to pay a small deposit, but nothing was required because of my FCC from the cancelled cruise this year.

On top of that I kindly asked if my $200 OBC for the FCD I paid over three years ago could be reapplied. That was confirmed too.

Happy days!  

• Like 1