Fairbanks

azgrandmax3

I don't know about this, but if I were going to be in that situation, then I think I'd be calling Princess and asking. And then calling several more times to see if I got the same answer. I hope you're not going to be stuck at the airport.

• Like 1

Can someone  tell me if PRINCESS transfers people  to there hotel when they arive at 1:50 am. Or do they wait around at the airport for a later transfer time?

We did this trip a couple years ago our flight arrived around midnight and there was a shuttle waiting for us to take us to the hotel (not far from airport) i believe i read that if your plane arrives very late and there is no shuttle, princess will reimburse taxi fare This was a wonderful trip and Fairbanks was delightful

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Thanks 1

Many flights arrive late and many leave then as well. It’s a lot busier airport at that time than you might imagine.

If you booked EZ Air your travel summary from Princess will tell you that someone will be meeting you. Depending on your flight, you could be with an entire bus load of other Princess passengers, or not.

If you cannot find anyone at baggage claim there is a phone number you can call, and they may tell you to just take a taxi and save the receipt. 

We arrived in Fairbanks in the wee hours, and Princess had a bus available for us, as there were a lot of folks arriving at that time.  Be sure to look up at the sky as you depart the airport.  We were lucky enough to spy the Northern Lights.  Quite the welcome to Alaska!

• Like 1

If you arrive late and there is no bus there, contact the lodge and they will send the bus to pick you up.

By the way, when we joined a bunch of others on a bus to the hotel after midnight, the luggage went on a separate truck.

When we reached our room we were ready to crash, but had to stay up another hour until the luggage was delivered to us.

2 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Per our June 2021 Cruisetour documents:

Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 11.54.00 AM.png

The important part of this is that when you do your online check in, give your arriving flight information. That way they know to expect you.

2 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Per our June 2021 Cruisetour documents:

Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 11.54.00 AM.png

This says 'all flight arrivals will be met, regardless of time'

We also have a June 2021 cruise and have EZ air reservations.  However, we have not received any documents yet. When did you receive yours?

Ed & Jean

2 minutes ago, JEMS said:

We also have a June 2021 cruise and have EZ air reservations.  However, we have not received any documents yet. When did you receive yours?

Ed & Jean

There is nothing to 'receive'; all the documents are under the Personalizer when you log in to Princess' website.  

2 hours ago, JEMS said:

Ed & Jean

The segment shown should be part of the Travel Summary online in your personalizer.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

The segment shown should be part of the Travel Summary online in your personalizer.

Actually the segment shown was from the 'Itinerary' tab (I am the person who posted it).  I directed the person who was asking the question of me to the Personalizer in general as there are many various documents there they will find informative, per their original question.  

19 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Actually the segment shown was from the 'Itinerary' tab (I am the person who posted it).  I directed the person who was asking the question of me to the Personalizer in general as there are many various documents there they will find informative, per their original question.  

Thanks for the correction. After I posted I started wondering if I had made that exact mistake. D'Oh! Should have looked back in my past docs. They're all in a folder on this laptop so it would have been easy to do.

It's only about five minutes from the airport to the Princess Lodge in Fairbanks. Also, despite what they say, various reports and our first-hand experience in 2018 is even if you haven't paid for the transfer, they'll still put you on the Princess bus. Nobody at the airport was checking to see if we paid for it and when we picked up our "welcome envelope" (which will be at the airport whether you have paid transfers or not), we were then directed to the bus. Plus, I believe the Lodge advertises a free shuttle for guests staying there not part of a Cruisetour so the paid transfer really isn't adding anything.

3 hours ago, lstone19 said:

Also, despite what they say, various reports and our first-hand experience in 2018 is even if you haven't paid for the transfer, they'll still put you on the Princess bus.

This... ☝️

Curious as to when these flights that arrive in the wee hours took off from the lower 48.  The only time we flew to Alaska (Anchorage) we arrived during daylight (don't remember what time we left Detroit--probably was an overnight flight).  We were sitting on the left side of the plane and got a wonderful "eye-level" view of Denali.

12 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

Curious as to when these flights that arrive in the wee hours took off from the lower 48.  The only time we flew to Alaska (Anchorage) we arrived during daylight (don't remember what time we left Detroit--probably was an overnight flight).  We were sitting on the left side of the plane and got a wonderful "eye-level" view of Denali.

Left Denver 7:34 PM.

Reached Fairbanks 11:06 PM.  Not the middle of the night, but an example. And it was right around sunset..

22 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

From our Personalizer docs for upcoming June 2021 Cruisetour:

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 10.56.52 AM.png

Our flight leaves middle America around 2:30 and arrives at midnight.  That's assuming we actually sail; I am fairly confident whole thing will be cancelled.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Left Denver 7:34 PM.

Reached Fairbanks 11:06 PM.  Not the middle of the night, but an example. And it was right around sunset..

Had same sunset experience when we were in Fairbanks.  Took lots of photos!  I'll try to upload one later.

Edited by BarbinMich

• 2 weeks later...

Our flights were changed to a similar arrival time in Fairbanks.  We opted to come in a day early.  We didn’t want to be exhausted for the start of our very anticipated tour.  So we paid extra for an extra day of accommodations and Gita better flight time too.
we also opted to rent a car from the airport instead of the transfer to see some sights.  Good thing too as our one suitcase was completely destroyed.  It looked like a taco.  We laughed that the first thing we did on our $$$ Alaska trip was a shopping trip to Walmart for a new suitcase and a cheap forgotten belt!