Where was I?

16 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Antigua, Guatemala?

Yes you got it. I was a bit worried if that picture wasn't a well known enough view of the city but unfortunately our day in Antigua was pouring with rain so all my city shots are pretty bad. Luckily on the day we were leaving the sun came out and we finally could see the famous Agua volcano. But I have to say even in pouring rain it is probably one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited.

Edited by ilikeanswers

We didn't go to Antigua when we stopped in Guatemala on a cruise. We went to a coffee plantation on the side of one of the many volcanoes. I couldn't believe how many there were, every which way you looked there was another perfectly shaped cone.

12 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Yes you got it. I was a bit worried if that picture wasn't a well known enough view of the city but unfortunately our day in Antigua was pouring with rain so all my city shots are pretty bad. Luckily on the day we were leaving the sun came out and we finally could see the famous Agua volcano. But I have to say even in pouring rain it is probably one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited.

We also went there on a cruise. Came into Puerto Quetzal and then had a lake cruise on Lake Atitlan out of San Lucas Toliman, just wonderful with lunch at a resort on the other side of the lake. The whole area is so scenic.

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I feel like some pizza now,  followed by ice cream (choc, vanilla and strawberry mix).

I'll pass on the ice cream but OMG the pizza is soooo good. Luckily we've got a pizzeria near us that is almost as good.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We didn't go to Antigua when we stopped in Guatemala on a cruise. We went to a coffee plantation on the side of one of the many volcanoes. I couldn't believe how many there were, every which way you looked there was another perfectly shaped cone.

There are so many volcanoes in Guatemala and they are incredibly scenic but they are also still active. Antigua is actually surround by three active volcanos😳. There are still ruins that they have kept from the last eruption which IMO adds to the beauty of the place.

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We also had a cruise on Lake Atitlan out of San Lucas Toliman, just wonderful with lunch at a resort on the other side of the lake. The whole area is so scenic.

We visited Lake Atitlan too but again the weather was not on our side so we decided there was not much point in doing the cruise🙄. We instead did a little drive around the lake visiting the small villages which was fascinating as they are populated mostly by indigenous people who still dress quite traditionally (Lanquin was all indigenous but they were pretty much modernised) so I just loved looking at their fabrics🤗.

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1