Where was I?

3 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Well you must have slept in that morning and not seen this bridge as you sailed in, yes it is Busan, South Korea. We have been there twice and dock at two different docks But sailed under this bridge each time, so maybe you went somewhere different.

Certainly did not sleep in ... And if we had come under it on arrival, we would have gone under on departure too. When were you there? My visit goes back to 2009.

22 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Certainly did not sleep in ... And if we had come under it on arrival, we would have gone under on departure too. When were you there? My visit goes back to 2009.

That was taken in 2017, so things must have changed since you went there

And I bet that those noodles are the star attraction. I have to admit I did google a bit so don't feel right answering,

At first I thought it was one of the Las Vegas joints, but soon realised wrong continent.

I've read about this place but never been though I do eat a lot of this dish when in the country.

15 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Shin-Yokohama, Ramen museum

Correct.

I was in Japan for a conference in Yokohama, but able to do days in several other places beforehand. Travelling with one of my PhD graduates and her husband.

The Rāmen Museum caught my eye, so caught the train there one evening. Entry level was very disappointing. But then going down stairs, it is something of a recreation of 1950s Tokyo streetscape. Over 2 levels, there are little shops that have regional specialties of ramen. When we were there, they even had German. Tried several small serves to get variety, but not German.

one of the Security people, who looked remarkably like a Japanese version of Blakey from On The Buses, found us a table near the stage.  Traditional music and dancing.

Really recommend it.