Where was I?

Has anybody got a photo to verify your guess? It's bed time for me but it seems pretty rude to post on a down under site when you have no intention of following up in a timely fashion. It's mid day for you and bed time for me on Vancouver Island 2147 hrs. and it's 0047 hrs in Ontario I figure d9704011 has been in the rack for some time.

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Has anybody got a photo to verify your guess? It's bed time for me but it seems pretty rude to post on a down under site when you have no intention of following up in a timely fashion. It's mid day for you and bed time for me on Vancouver Island 2147 hrs. and it's 0047 hrs in Ontario I figure d9704011 has been in the rack for some time.

https://skyandtelescope.org/astronomy-travel/chile-astronomy-tour/

Cluster-of-small-domes_341px.jpg.01294e48cce94111e66c831ff00d7c67.jpg

photo from link

Pan down and you will see a photo very similar       Cheers Don

Edited by getting older slowly

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It certainly isn't Mauna Kea. I have been there. I am confident my post of La Silla, Chile is correct. You can go to bed and sleep well.🙂

2 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

OK.🙂 My astronomer husband is shaking his head. Cerro Tololo is about 100km south of La Silla. He has been telling me what telescopes they have at each site and insists the photo is La Silla.

Edited by Aus Traveller

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

It certainly isn't Mauna Kea. I have been there. I am confident my post of La Silla, Chile is correct. You can go to bed and sleep well.🙂

I was well aware my guess was wrong. I was just hoping to get the game moving again. This has happened before with the same player, this was the 3rd time.

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I was well aware my guess was wrong. I was just hoping to get the game moving again. This has happened before with the same player, this was the 3rd time.

I think we need a new rule ... if d9704011 posts a correct response again it should be ignored, perhaps declared invalid, and the person who posted that photo should post another one. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Sorry. My expert has conceded that there are new domes at Cerro Tololo.

mystery la silla observatory.jpg

mystery cerro tololo.jpg

Edited by Aus Traveller

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The image posted is La Silla. Here are some photos - La Silla first, then Cerro Tololo. Cerro Tololo has one enormous observatory and several smaller ones. The photo on the left is La Silla (as shown in the earlier post).

391488610_mysterylasillaobservatory.jpg.4de03c29c68becf7102b3ab9b095901b.jpg138779499_mysterycerrotololo.jpg.ec754ef0e83f8c0dd08c1a3d6f9dabd5.jpg

We all agree it is Chile and thanks for your information we are all wiser now, but more the point we are back up and posting again.