Why NCL Premium PLUS Adult Drink Package?

Sthrngary

26 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

You will be fine.  I have a email that I got when I sent a document to the President of NCL Harry S.  When I get confused on a topic, I sent that email a question.  I do this very rarely.  My issue was the same as yours.  I wanted the Premium Plus Drink plan for my wife and I.  I did not want it for the other three in my cabin.  He assured me that once I got on board, I could do that.  I, because it is whom I am, saved the email for proof.  

As I said, I am a little crazy that once I get on a cruise, no contradictions happen on my planning so I can completely relax. So I take a folder with me.  Since taking that folder, I have had NO issues.  Funny how keeping a record of what folks say keeps things in order.  LOL.  Cruise Well.

Documentation is your friend! I am often made fun of by family and friends because I am known for the phrase "Can I get that in writing." Great Advice!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 3:29 PM, Summerstravel said:

I am not really a drinker but I am going to purchase this package for my Norwegian Joy cruise out of Jamaica in Sept 2021. ( I love coffee and bottled water) I am going solo but I purchased a balcony room and love the idea of bringing wine back to my room to enjoy on my balcony. Can you please sure share you thoughts on what wine I should try? 

Thank you 

Tracie

I like Moscato- but when I had the UBP sometimes I would just bring my Kindle to a place like the Mojito Bar or Tobacco Road and talk to others, have a few drinks and read. Ocassionally, I would put two mojitos in my travel mug and bring them to the solo gathering. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HowardK said:

I like Moscato- but when I had the UBP sometimes I would just bring my Kindle to a place like the Mojito Bar or Tobacco Road and talk to others, have a few drinks and read. Ocassionally, I would put two mojitos in my travel mug and bring them to the solo gathering. 

love to pour my drinks in a travel mug this keeps them cool so much longer. 

6 minutes ago, cardinals218 said:

Quick question that I can't seem to find any information on after a few searches, are there any port wines available with the premium plus package, tawny or vintage?

Thanks! - Ed

The answer is yes.  However the normal Premium Package has port wines as well.  The key is the normal package each glass can not exceed $15.00 with tip.  On the Premium Plus, that amount is no longer a rule.  You just have to remember that the ultra-high priced items are not on any of the plans.  Those you have to pay for on there own.

To get the most arcuate information on this topic is a very nice list on NCL.com.  I attempted to give you the link below.  I hope that helps you.

39071 Beverage Package Flyers - Premium Plus Beverage Package_R4.indd (ncl.com)

• Like 1

Thanks for the very quick reply!  I did find that list and the terms in the fine print make it sound like if they serve it by the glass, you can get it with the plus package.  I just can't seem to find a bar menu with ports listed and prices.  I know we won't be able to get a bottle of a say a 2011 vintage but would like to know if say a glass of a 20 or 30-year tawny or a 2016 vintage may be available by the glass.  I doubt if available, those will be under $15/glass based on how NCL is pricing red wines I know.   

Edited by cardinals218
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cardinals218 said:

Thanks for the very quick reply!  I did find that list and the terms in the fine print make it sound like if they serve it by the glass, you can get it with the plus package.  I just can't seem to find a bar menu with ports listed and prices.  I know we won't be able to get a bottle of a say a 2011 vintage but would like to know if say a glass of a 20 or 30-year tawny or a 2016 vintage may be available by the glass.  I doubt if available, those will be under $15/glass based on how NCL is pricing red wines I know.   

If any bar would have this it would be the Haven Bar if you are in the Haven.  You would be surprised at the wine selection.  I wish I could give you better information.  Good luck.

34 minutes ago, kenns said:

does the Premium Plus package include Starbucks drinks? or just the fancy coffees/related drinks at the regular bars?

This is a mystery.  I can't answer because the NCL ships I was on did not have a Starbuck's.  I looked at the attached Premium Plus link I put in a above posting and no mention of Starbuck's was on the document.  I seems I read something some time back that said, Starbucks was NOT included.  However, I am not sure. 

5 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

This is a mystery.  I can't answer because the NCL ships I was on did not have a Starbuck's.  I looked at the attached Premium Plus link I put in a above posting and no mention of Starbuck's was on the document.  I seems I read something some time back that said, Starbucks was NOT included.  However, I am not sure. 

I will double check on this but I was told it was included. 

On 4/16/2021 at 6:21 PM, Named-Tawny said:

Oh, it's not FCC, it's OBC ($150 in OBC from a booking bonus, and $100 from the Shareholders bonus).  I don't think I can use it UNTIL I'm on the ship.  Was I misinformed?

We used our onboard credit to purchase the Premium Plus package onboard the Epic in Aug 2019.

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

If any bar would have this it would be the Haven Bar if you are in the Haven.  You would be surprised at the wine selection.  I wish I could give you better information.  Good luck.

Unfortunately, the Haven isn't quite in our budget.   Luckily, we have had good luck finding excellent bartenders on board that will try to track down anything on the boat for us in the past.  Former bar owners/bartenders tend to tip very well and magic sometime happens.  

Going to book the package regardless because of the bottled water, higher end whiskey, and hopefully some bottles of Chimay, not to mentioned bottles of decent champagne at dinner.   My wife and I just feel in love with port after a trip to Porto and now seek it out.  Haven't cruised on NCL since that trip so never was looking for it before.     

Thank you for the informative post!  NCL should really give you this package for free next time, they are going to have 4 more people on the plus plan thanks to you.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kenns said:

does the Premium Plus package include Starbucks drinks? or just the fancy coffees/related drinks at the regular bars?

This has been asked a few times on here and from what I can see, no one has been able to give a solid answer. 

Some people immediately say “no” but then reference the regular Premium Beverage Package. Others have said “yes” but offer nothing to support their claim. 

The terms of the Premium Plus Beverage Package state “specialty coffee” but doesn’t explicitly state Starbucks.  I’ve read other terms from NCL covering other topics and they do sometimes reference Starbucks by name. So the fact that ‘Starbucks’ is omitted on the PPBP makes me wonder. 

A first hand account of someone using it at Starbucks and not at a speciality coffee place like those found in the Atrium would be helpful. 

2 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the Jade has an actual Starbucks onboard. I thought it was an Atrium Cafe that serves Starbucks coffee. 

If the ship has a branded Starbucks like on the Bliss, Joy, Etc. would the Starbucks menu be included in the Premium Plus Beverage Package?

Starbucks is actually the biggest reason we went with the Premium Plus package. I have called NCL to confirm and even have it in writing from my TA that Starbucks is included. I was specifically toldby the NCL rep that the self-service Starbucks machines are NOT included, only from the actually Starbucks store on board. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Seany527 said:

This has been asked a few times on here and from what I can see, no one has been able to give a solid answer. 

Some people immediately say “no” but then reference the regular Premium Beverage Package. Others have said “yes” but offer nothing to support their claim. 

The terms of the Premium Plus Beverage Package state “specialty coffee” but doesn’t explicitly state Starbucks.  I’ve read other terms from NCL covering other topics and they do sometimes reference Starbucks by name. So the fact that ‘Starbucks’ is omitted on the PPBP makes me wonder. 

A first hand account of someone using it at Starbucks and not at a speciality coffee place like those found in the Atrium would be helpful. 

The answer is yes.

I only know because I asked NCL 4 times and much like Stingray,  I save everything. 

3 of the 4 times I asked,  the reps said yes.  The other time, they didn't know the Epic had a Starbucks!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

The answer is yes.

I only know because I asked NCL 4 times and much like Stingray,  I save everything. 

3 of the 4 times I asked,  the reps said yes.  The other time, they didn't know the Epic had a Starbucks!

nm

Edited by All-ready2cruise

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings all,

I happen to catch a bug and I booked a haven suite on the new NCL Prima.  Very excited.  Not everything is listed in the explore and plan section on the website.  In fact there are more blanks than items with information.  But strangely in the summary section on "my account" it had the Premium Plus upgrade.  When I pulled up the flyer; it had noticeable changes.  Everything is listed by the bottle...there are no "by glass" listings for the premium plus package.  I specifically recall Moet et Chandon being listed by the bottle..its gone.  Veuve Cliquot is now listed as a champagne  by the bottle (previously by glass only).  I also notice some wines missing.  

I went and checked my sailing on the NCL Joy in January 2022, and the same Premium Plus flyer is there.  It looks like they made substantial changes to the premium plus package.

Are these new changes to the Premium plus package?  New flyer attached.

premium-plus-beverage-package - NCL Prima.pdf

Edited by WarfRatWA

3 hours ago, WarfRatWA said:

Greetings all,

I happen to catch a bug and I booked a haven suite on the new NCL Prima.  Very excited.  Not everything is listed in the explore and plan section on the website.  In fact there are more blanks than items with information.  But strangely in the summary section on "my account" it had the Premium Plus upgrade.  When I pulled up the flyer; it had noticeable changes.  Everything is listed by the bottle...there are no "by glass" listings for the premium plus package.  I specifically recall Moet et Chandon being listed by the bottle..its gone.  Veuve Cliquot is now listed as a champagne  by the bottle (previously by glass only).  I also notice some wines missing.  

I went and checked my sailing on the NCL Joy in January 2022, and the same Premium Plus flyer is there.  It looks like they made substantial changes to the premium plus package.

Are these new changes to the Premium plus package?  New flyer attached.

premium-plus-beverage-package - NCL Prima.pdf 723.29 kB · 19 downloads

This is great information.  Funny thing, it is not that they went cheap on some wines.  They put back some they used to have just in time for my cruise at the end of the year.  The fact is, lost of stuff it going to change.  Again, thank you for the post.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 7:10 AM, Sthrngary said:

WarfRatWA:

You both can order a bottle of selected wine.  Example, my wife orders white and I order red wine.  That is no issue at all.  We never attempted to get a bottle at Breakfast however I give it a 99.99% chance they would accommodate you.  Folks have adult beverages at breakfast all the time.  What I can confirm is lunch and dinner are no issue at all.  Bottle water from any bar is also no issue at all anytime. 

On the bottle being opened prior to taking them with you, my experience is yes.  They want to make sure the person with the plan is not taking wine to give to someone else.  Kind of petty but I can work with that system.  All my wife wants is a bottle with a couple of glasses of wine for the balcony at night when we come back to the room.  Sometimes we have two open bottles, lunch and dinner.

I hoped I help you and enjoy your trip. 

I brought some of these with me, and the wine kept for a few days.  Also works for Champagne!  Put the topper on, use the pump to remove the air...good to go.

image.thumb.png.a63c6c21c08c352a09ea6d12ffa6df16.png

• Like 1