Broadway/West End Shows Onboard

12 minutes ago, drsel said:
18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Don't belive Quantum ships have Aqua shows

Correct, they have the 270 degree aerialist show in addition to 2 production shows

Oasis Class has 4 shows, 5 if you count the Music Hall act on Oasis. Plus Comedy Club

Broadway Show - CATS

Production show - One Sky 👎

Ice show - Frozen in Time

Aqua show - Aqua 80

Music Hall (Oasis only so far)

Comedy Club 

Plus there may be a second show in both Studio B and the Aqua Theater

I'd value the Oasis entertainment at between $300-$500

One Sky is a dog, though

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Oasis Class has 4 shows, 5 if you count the Music Hall act on Oasis. Plus Comedy Club

Broadway Show - CATS

Production show - One Sky 👎

Ice show - Frozen in Time

Aqua show - Aqua 80

Music Hall (Oasis only so far)

Comedy Club 

Plus there may be a second show in both Studio B and the Aqua Theater

I'd value the Oasis entertainment at between $300-$500

One Sky is a dog, though

Our favorite was jazz club on the oasis great combo playing there .

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And I'm not normal

If it's good, that's a big plus

I'm not normal either!

Is there anyone else, like me, who will go see a show multiple times and not complain?

Can't remember how many times we have seen Hair Spray and would willingly go again!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I'm not normal either!

Is there anyone else, like me, who will go see a show multiple times and not complain?

Can't remember how many times we have seen Hair Spray and would willingly go again!

I've seen CATS on Oasis well over 30 times

• Haha 1

Come the days of "virtual sets" projected on LED screens (like I believe they have on 270 lounge on Q class ships), and things will become easier at the set front... But the problem is not only sets... It is clothes and all the other things you need to perform a show on such a so small space...

Meanwhile; off topic because it is MSC:

As someone else has said; hope Cirque du Soleil to survive this crisis as well. Their shows aren't to be missed both land or at see.

And some 2 years ago I went on their then recently refurbished MSC Magnifica which theater had been equipped with "virtual sets" LED technology!...

23 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Come the days of "virtual sets" projected on LED screens (like I believe they have on 270 lounge on Q class ships), and things will become easier at the set front... But the problem is not only sets... It is clothes and all the other things you need to perform a show on such a so small space...

Meanwhile; off topic because it is MSC:

As someone else has said; hope Cirque du Soleil to survive this crisis as well. Their shows aren't to be missed both land or at see.

And some 2 years ago I went on their then recently refurbished MSC Magnifica which theater had been equipped with "virtual sets" LED technology!...

While I think rccl is by far the best for entertainment, I was pleasantly surprised about entertainment on msc. LED show from there lighthouse on private island was also cool.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, George C said:

While I think rccl is by far the best for entertainment, I was pleasantly surprised about entertainment on msc. LED show from there lighthouse on private island was also cool.

Surely agree. MSC vastly grew up their game since the Cirque du Soleil partnership... Bur RCI remains top of the tops at that front!...

But immediate future cruise entertainment will obviously to be different...

6 hours ago, drsel said:

thanks so much.

Is there any charge for the reservation for the star water show?

Can you watch any of the shows more than once?

Water show can be seen from a large area, suites have reserved areas for aqua, ice and broadway shows. Ice show is normally very crowded but it’s repeated several times, never get tired of ice show. 

10 hours ago, drsel said:

thanks so much.

Is there any charge for the reservation for the star water show?

Can you watch any of the shows more than once?

No charge for all the shows.

For Quantum Class...

1. The shows in Royal Theatre does not require reservation. It is on first-come-first-serve basis. So you can watch it twice.

2. The shows in Two70 require reservation. This can be done on your mobile app, or at the tablets installed at the excursion office. You can only pre-book once. The staff will scan your card at the Two70 entrance. At around 5-10 minutes before the show, Two70 will be open for others who does not have reservation. If you want to watch for the second time, you can queue at the line outside Two70 to see if there are still any vacant seats later.

I'm not normal either!

I am like you. I love the shows and all the activities and entertainment.

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

I'm not normal either!

Same... I love the shows.  I haven't repeated a ship yet (supposed to be on Mariner for the second time next week), but on land I repeat Broadway shows if I love them.  I've seen Mamma Mia 25 times and Wicked and Rent probably 8 times each.  On the ship, the shows are a huge part of the cruise experience.  We love dinner followed by a show each night, and then you have the evening shows like Quest, Love & Marriage, etc that are so fun.  And when we repeat a ship, I will for sure go to all the shows again.  It would be a big deal for us if cruises returned but no shows.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drsel said:

Mamma mia 25 x must be a world record

For Mama Mia, maybe.  Definitely not overall.  Beverly Bass, the first female Captain for American Airlines, and I believe first female Captain on a 777, has seen the show Come from Away over 60x in various cities.  Of course - one of the characters is based on her, she was Captain on one of the flights diverted to Gander on 9/11.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hallux said:

For Mama Mia, maybe.  Definitely not overall.  Beverly Bass, the first female Captain for American Airlines, and I believe first female Captain on a 777, has seen the show Come from Away over 60x in various cities.  Of course - one of the characters is based on her, she was Captain on one of the flights diverted to Gander on 9/11.

Loved the play Come from away, would be great to put on a ship , could definitely see it again.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Loved the play Come from away, would be great to put on a ship , could definitely see it again.

Agreed, Come From Away is just a marvelous show and visiting Gander is in future travel plans.

3 hours ago, drsel said:

Mamma mia 25 x must be a world record

Hunh..... I'd have thought 3x was the world record :)

I seldom see a show on Broadway more than once during its original run; exceptions might be I am invited by a client after I've already seen it. But I have seen quite a few shows more than once in different places. If I was on a cruise ship 10 times and they had the same show all 10 times; I'd watch it happily all 10 times and be grateful for the entertainment.

@George C I agree about Come From Away, I got to see it on Broadway and thought it was a GREAT show and should be easy to put on a ship.  12 actors, simple set (12 chairs and 2 tables plus the backdrop), relatively short already. 

Funny - I walked into the theater and thought "this place is smaller than the ones on the cruise ships I've been on" (Explorer and Anthem at that point).  I looked it up later and actually found that to be true!

On 8/25/2020 at 4:59 PM, George C said:

My only complaint is that they leave same show on same ship for 5 years or so, so if you want to leave from Texas you have no choice and while I liked Saturday night fever I do not want to see it for a third time, Jersey boys and Beautiful I wouldn’t mind at all did see beautiful twice on broadway and once in Dallas. 

I guess it’s a blessing and a curse depending on how you feel about the show.  My wife and I can spend a week in London and see Mamma Mia at the Novello almost every day.  But we’re each different.

On 8/26/2020 at 12:43 AM, twangster said:

Since your question has only been partly answered, here is a list of the Broadway/West End shows on each ship:

Anthem - We Will Rock You

Allure - Mamma Mia!

Harmony - Grease

Independence - Grease

Liberty - Saturday Night Fever

Oasis - Cats!

Symphony - Hairspray

Freedom - Marque (Broadway Variety)

Ovation/Navigator/Empress/Quantum/Spectrum - Various forms of a Vegas Showgirls show (sometimes called Sequins and Feathers, not actual Broadway)

Odyssey - TBD

All other ships have Royal Caribbean production shows but not actual Broadway or West End shows. 

Thank you!

On 8/26/2020 at 4:02 PM, yogimax said:

I'm not normal either!

We’re with you, if my DW and I like it we’ll go see multiple times.  🙂

• Like 1