Drinks package

ROYALBOY

1 hour ago, ROYALBOY said:

We are booked on a TA in Aug2021. Experienced cruisers, does Cunard ever run a sale on their drinks packages? Thank you.

Nearest we've managed is a collection of discounted bin ends which were put together as a package. The first time, our table nobly managed to work our way through most of the packages. 

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

As much as you can carry

Wow, that's remarkable! The others that I have been on specifally prohibit it since it cuts into their profits. Has anyone on this board done it? I will be on a tandem(2 way) crossing and I won't get the package on either trip. 

We normally take half a dozen bottles of Veuve. Others take more.

As we normally travel QG, so don't need spirits, but others take enough for the whole trip.

The only caveat is that the drinks must be consumed in your room, or you pay $20 corkage in a bar or restaurant.

8 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

As we normally travel QG, so don't need spirits, but others take enough for the whole trip.

The only caveat is that the drinks must be consumed in your room, or you pay $20 corkage in a bar or restaurant.

Thank you for this information. Looks like I will bring along a bottle or 2!

whenever i hear the term "package" being offered i usually make sure my wallet is not missing..........missing like it was pickpocketed . In my wild and crazy single days i could not drink 70.00 in a day yet alone pay their 140.00 now days fee ....i/we would be dead of alcohol poisoning 

In the past we've brought a case of "special" wine. Corkage used to be 15$, it's now up to 20$. We'll probably bring a few bottles of Clicquot for in cabin "treats". However there is no stigma whatsoever about bringing wine/spirits onboard but as mentioned above, only for cabin use.

10 hours ago, Mudhen said:

In the past we've brought a case of "special" wine. Corkage used to be 15$, it's now up to 20$. We'll probably bring a few bottles of Clicquot for in cabin "treats". However there is no stigma whatsoever about bringing wine/spirits onboard but as mentioned above, only for cabin use.

There are also glasses in your cabin - and an ice bucket - nothing to stop you taking them out to the deck to consume! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

If you are sailing on a longer trip, it's worth it to pay the $20 corkage.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lissie said:

There are also glasses in your cabin - and an ice bucket - nothing to stop you taking them out to the deck to consume! 

Nothing at all, I agree, but to me, it doesn't seem right somehow. Drink in the cabin, on the balcony,  and as a contribution to another cabin party of course but  I wouldn't drink anything brought onboard, elsewhere on the ship.

Same goes for QG bottle allowances which I know we  are very lucky to have, and which we try and share with friends  as much as we can if they're onboard.

All other drinks, usually wine, and  champagne too if hosting a cabin party, we buy onboard.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Nothing at all, I agree, but to me, it doesn't seem right somehow. Drink in the cabin, on the balcony,  and as a contribution to another cabin party of course but  I wouldn't drink anything brought onboard, elsewhere on the ship.

Same goes for QG bottle allowances which I know we  are very lucky to have, and which we try and share with friends  as much as we can if they're onboard.

All other drinks, usually wine, and  champagne too if hosting a cabin party, we buy onboard.

Perhaps the word you want is scruples. I would feel the same, though sometimes I feel they may be wasted on Cunard. 😀

I would never dream of taking any alcohol taken onboard and not purchased from Cunard anywhere else on the ship be it a lounge or deck  and only consume it in my stateroom. I can see the more that start doing that then Cunard will stop you taking alcohol onboard and ruin it for everybody.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I would never dream of taking any alcohol taken onboard and not purchased from Cunard anywhere else on the ship be it a lounge or deck  and only consume it in my stateroom. I can see the more that start doing that then Cunard will stop you taking alcohol onboard and ruin it for everybody.

Very good point....I agree completely!

We always take on board a couple of bottles of our favourite wine to consume in our stateroom or balcony, last year we were disgusted with some passengers in the queens room who were blatantly drinking from their own supply, people like this will spoil it for others Cunard also allows alcohol bought in ports to be taken to your cabin to consume.

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Perhaps the word you want is scruples. I would feel the same, though sometimes I feel they may be wasted on Cunard. 😀

Gadda love walking through check-in and seeing a hand-truck with 2 cases of coke or the poster that brought his own pasta but nothing NOTHING beat seeing a womans open purse at check-out with a cunard towel.......i whispered it to my wife and she said that is a 2 grand purse......aaaahhhh some cunarders 

Edited by newjoisey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 12:36 PM, ROYALBOY said:

We are booked on a TA in Aug2021. Experienced cruisers, does Cunard ever run a sale on their drinks packages? Thank you.

Hi Steve & Stuart,

Please let us know if you decide to purchase the drinks package for your August 2021 sailing.

We booked a TA for May 2022 on QM2, it will be our first time with Cunard.

We are used to getting a drinks package with Celebrity as part of the booking,

haven't had to buy one separately in years.

Thanks, Mark & Ken