I'M CRUISING NOVEMBER 1ST, MAYBE???

tattoos

I am booked on Valor out New Orleans Nov 30.  As I live in New Orleans, I don''t have to worry about flights. I doubt this cruise will take place because the Mayor of NOLA will not even let them play High School football while the rest of the state is starting. She continues to have the city locked down.  

As far cruises not showing on Carnival website, I was told they are limiting capacity on ships and once that limit is met they take it off website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pizzaman1343 said:

I am booked on Valor out New Orleans Nov 30.  As I live in New Orleans, I don''t have to worry about flights. I doubt this cruise will take place because the Mayor of NOLA will not even let them play High School football while the rest of the state is starting. She continues to have the city locked down.  

As far cruises not showing on Carnival website, I was told they are limiting capacity on ships and once that limit is met they take it off website.

I just called too, and as of now,  my cruise on the Miracle out of San Diego on Nov 5 is still on. Carnival did state it was at the capacity limit. Good news so far!

18 hours ago, Banditswife said:

We are booked on the Pride for a 14 day beginning Nov 1.  I doubt it will sail, but I just wish Carnival would let us know for sure, so we can plan accordingly.  We have flights booked...  So how close to the sail date will they go before canceling it.  At the beginning of this pandemic they had to cancel close to cruise dates, but now it seems they should give notices sooner.

Hopefully, DH and I will see you onboard the Pride.

Karen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pizzaman1343 said:

Why would they need to take it off the website? Couldn't it stay up showing all cabins sold out? I'm sure that would cut down on phone calls from people booked on the cruise worried it's been cancelled.

4 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

Why would they need to take it off the website? Couldn't it stay up showing all cabins sold out? I'm sure that would cut down on phone calls from people booked on the cruise worried it's been cancelled.

That what happens all the time when a cruise sells out - it disappears.  Has been their standard procedure "forever", as far as I can tell.

With so many moving parts right now, who knows whether all these sailings are truly "at capacity" - it seems a bit unlikely that every sailing from every port except Port Canaveral and Miami are at capacity for November, while most sailings from those two ports are still OK to book.

• Like 2

I am also booked on the Breeze November 1st.

Even if the Breeze sails, the ports may not be open.

Grand Turk

Cruise port is closed until 1 Jan 2021.

https://www.visittci.com/travel-info/turks-and-caicos-coronavirus-covid-19

Amber Cove, Dominican Republic (as of 21 August)

"Cruise arrivals have been suspended at all ports and coasts." (scroll to the Transportation Options section)

https://do.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/

Nassau (as of 20 August)

I haven't found any cruise specific information for Nassau, but for The Bahamas in general they have strict entry requirements.

https://bs.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

2 hours ago, pizzaman1343 said:

HS football isn't totally ruled out, Pizza Man of Covington. She's "still reviewing the plan." The Governor just announced that the state is moving to phase 3 of the re-opening tomorrow. At some point she's going to have to catch up with the times.

Edited by Saint Greg

SKRIDGE:  I agree with you.  Honest and frequent communication with the cruising public should have been a priority.  We're all adults, treat us accordingly.  I feel sorry for the newbies who decided to book a cruise this year.  I hope they have found their way to informative web sites such as this to be kept abreast of news.  If not, the entire cancellation process will be confusing for them.  

I ignored every email from Carnival enticing me to purchase spa treatments, shore excursions, etc.  I usually order bottled water for my stateroom but didn't even do that.  Keeping everyone's hopes up until the last minute is so disheartening.  Was the marketing targeted at booked cruisers deceitful?  Carnival's handling of the situation has prompted me to spend my vacation money elsewhere.  They should have at least stopped promoting and booking cruises sailing through 2020.  That would have given people an opportunity to work through their refunds and re-bookings.  

I realize the enormity of problems the cruise lines have been challenged with, however, deceiving the cruising population in a deliberate way leaves a bad taste.  I am fortunate to live in Florida at this time because there are beautiful, fun places an easy ride away where I can spend my vacation money.

• Like 1

We were also booked on this one, it was the 2nd half of our b2b cruise. We chose to reschedule, as we didn't want to take the chance with fights and hotels etc.... If I lived there, I would hang and wait. I highly doubt it will happen, but you never know!! We've booked 2021 and 2022 cruises now! I hope you get to go!!

1 hour ago, yogibear said:

Hopefully, DH and I will see you onboard the Pride.

Karen

I hope we get to sail, normally we get involved with onboard activities like a meet & greet, slot pull.  I have done zero planning for this cruise.  But if we do sail, maybe we can do an informal meet & greet.

Hi BrezQ from Massachusetts.  My April cruises were cancelled so I took the FCC and OBC and re-booked for April 2021, another B2B on the Magic departing from Miami.  Hopefully, fingers crossed, we will be sailing by then.  Originally, we were booked on the Breeze from Fort Lauderdale but received an email notifying us that we would now be sailing on the Magic from Miami.  They gave us another $200 OBC to compensate for the change.  I now have $800 OBC on my cruise next year, I have a lot of drinking to do and I think I'm up for the challenge!!

Hope you stay healthy and your cruises go off without a hitch.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

HS football isn't totally ruled out, Pizza Man of Covington. She's "still reviewing the plan." The Governor just announced that the state is moving to phase 3 of the re-opening tomorrow. At some point she's going to have to catch up with the times.

She said this morning that even though the state is moving to phase 3, the city will stay in phase 2.

15 minutes ago, pizzaman1343 said:

She said this morning that even though the state is moving to phase 3, the city will stay in phase 2.

A lot can happen in three months. Right now she's holding the city ransom for more federal dollars.

Edited by Saint Greg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 10:49 AM, Saint Greg said:

New Orleans will allow high school sports to start with 'strict' protocols, city officials announce

High school football games in New Orleans will have smaller crowds than usual, and they’ll be quieter.

The city on Monday gave a go-ahead for games to be played amid the coronavirus pandemic, but with a crowd-size limit of 250 spectators that may cause some schools to limit the presence of their marching bands to halftime or after the game ends.

The city also permitted the start of full-contact practices leading into the opening weekend of games in less than two weeks, Oct. 1-3.

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_921611ee-fc28-11ea-92b1-6f65dcb508ba.html

On 9/10/2020 at 10:57 AM, tattoos said:

SKRIDGE:  I agree with you.  Honest and frequent communication with the cruising public should have been a priority.  We're all adults, treat us accordingly.  I feel sorry for the newbies who decided to book a cruise this year.  I hope they have found their way to informative web sites such as this to be kept abreast of news.  If not, the entire cancellation process will be confusing for them.  

I ignored every email from Carnival enticing me to purchase spa treatments, shore excursions, etc.  I usually order bottled water for my stateroom but didn't even do that.  Keeping everyone's hopes up until the last minute is so disheartening.  Was the marketing targeted at booked cruisers deceitful?  Carnival's handling of the situation has prompted me to spend my vacation money elsewhere.  They should have at least stopped promoting and booking cruises sailing through 2020.  That would have given people an opportunity to work through their refunds and re-bookings.  

I realize the enormity of problems the cruise lines have been challenged with, however, deceiving the cruising population in a deliberate way leaves a bad taste.  I am fortunate to live in Florida at this time because there are beautiful, fun places an easy ride away where I can spend my vacation money.

I agree with you on this.  I'm waiting for Carnival to cancel my Jan cruises.  We have Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years coming up.  People don't wear masks now and don't social distance now so these holidays will be new breeding grounds for the virus to spread.  Which leads to more cruises being canceled.

I empathize with you.  I re-booked one of my cancelled cruises from April to a cruise in October 2021 but who knows, the Coronavirus may rear it's ugly head again so every booking is now a crap shoot until the cruise lines can get their re-start plans approved and the CDC lifts the no-sail ban and the virus cases move down instead of up.  

My hope is that you cruise in January.  Will you take a refund or re-book if it is cancelled?  I'm getting tired of the re-booking/refund/OBC/FCC game, ad nauseum.

2 hours ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

My October cruise out of San Diego was cancelled, but it still shows up on my Carnival account when I log in online.  Anyone else still seeing cruises that have been cancelled?  It's not a big deal ... just a little sad to see there are only 13 days til my next cruise, lol. 

My August Magic cruise showed up for a long time after it was canceled. 

Edited by Saint Greg

9 hours ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

My October cruise out of San Diego was cancelled, but it still shows up on my Carnival account when I log in online.  Anyone else still seeing cruises that have been cancelled?  It's not a big deal ... just a little sad to see there are only 13 days til my next cruise, lol. 

Have you applied your FCC to a new cruise yet, or still in a holding pattern?  If still holding, it has been stated that Carnival keeps the booking "alive" in the system to track the open cases.

If you took a refund or have already re-booked, then nevermind.

5 hours ago, cellfree said:

Booked on Sunrise out of Miami November 2, still anticipate going, although have not done any of the pre-purchasing I typically do, still wait and hope!

We're hoping along with you. I wish they hadn't changed the port tho, Fort Lauderdale is so much easer for us to drive to. I'll just be happy if we do sail. Time will tell.... fingers crossed.