I'M CRUISING NOVEMBER 1ST, MAYBE???

tattoos

I am booked on the Breeze departing Port Everglades on November 1st for a 6 day cruise.  I haven't heard one way or the other if we're still sailing.  I feel bad for the passengers who have flights booked.  I live in Florida and am retired so if the cruise is cancelled, I'm in a better position than some people.  I thought for sure we would hear by now if we are sailing or not.  I'm thinking "no" but Carnival is cutting it close for people to cancel all their travel plans.  I know they are waiting for CLIA and the CDC recommendations but they're intelligent people, they must have a very good idea as to when they will actually start sailing safely again.  

Carnival is still sending me emails for spa discounts, ordering items for the stateroom, etc.

The other passenger booked in my stateroom had no choice but to cancel because his supervisor was pressuring him every day for an answer one way or the other.

Well, I booked a hotel in Marathon for a few days and snorkeling excursions from Bahia Honda to Looe Key which is a marine sanctuary.  I always see lots of barracuda and reef sharks gliding under me, cool.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The only planning anyone with a early November cruise needs to be concerned with is do I take the FCC or refund.

Lol.

Indeed, I would be very surprised if any early Nov sailings go ahead as planned, especially that one cruise on Breeze out of Port Everglades when they are re-positioning her right afterwards to Port Canaveral for 8 Nov departure (in theory).

I agree, there is no way they're going to sail on November 1st.  I'm allocating my refund to my vaca in the beautiful Keys.  I'm packing my car with lots of beer, rum and vodka.  You still have to wear a mask in the Keys when you are in public areas but I'll be sitting under a palm tree or swimming.  

ProgRockCruiser:  After I saw that memo that re-positions the Breeze to Port Canaveral, I knew there was no way I was sailing on the 1st from Port Everglades.

Best of luck everyone, stay well.  

We are booked on the Pride for a 14 day beginning Nov 1.  I doubt it will sail, but I just wish Carnival would let us know for sure, so we can plan accordingly.  We have flights booked...  So how close to the sail date will they go before canceling it.  At the beginning of this pandemic they had to cancel close to cruise dates, but now it seems they should give notices sooner.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

We are booked on the Pride for a 14 day beginning Nov 1.  I doubt it will sail, but I just wish Carnival would let us know for sure, so we can plan accordingly.  We have flights booked...  So how close to the sail date will they go before canceling it.  At the beginning of this pandemic they had to cancel close to cruise dates, but now it seems they should give notices sooner.

Very likely an update will come out toward the end of next week. Either from the CDC or CLIA cancelling at least November maybe into December this time.

35 minutes ago, jfaaborg said:

What are you basing that on?

Reality. Until we hear of cruise lines bringing back their crews to their ships I don't know how anyone can hold on to hope that their cruise will actually sail. Right now with all kinds of restrictions on international travel and most of the crew coming from other countries...it is just highly unlikely that a cruise line could get up and ready to sail a little over 6 weeks from now. I think it is a very good "educated guess" that a November 1 cruise will not happen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The only planning anyone with a early November cruise needs to be concerned with is do I take the FCC or refund.

Agree. It’s hard to believe anyone actually thinks some of these are happening. I still don’t even have confidence for my January  sailing. Oh well, it is what it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kitten816 said:

I'm too on a Nov 1st out of Galveston. 14 day, no way it will be happening. My friend just received an email with the amount of days left and to book an excursion...

Even if there was the slimmest chance of cruises restarting in November it would never,ever be a 14 day cruise. They have literally said cruises would start with very short 3,4,or 5 day cruises. Even the European cruises that have restarted are not 2 week sailings. Too much could go wrong. 

Edited by kwokpot

Well, I just received an email from Carnival stating it was my last chance to save 20% off spa services on my upcoming cruise in November.

Is there such a thing as robo emails?  Do these emails go out automatically to all booked cruisers regardless of cruise status?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tattoos said:

Well, I just received an email from Carnival stating it was my last chance to save 20% off spa services on my upcoming cruise in November.

Is there such a thing as robo emails?  Do these emails go out automatically to all booked cruisers regardless of cruise status?

Carnival IT does not send out specific targeted emails.  I'm Diamond and when I book a Carnival cruise I get emails explaining the boarding process, pre cruise specials, what to expect on my cruise,  etc.  They are sent en masse to everyone who has a cruise booked.  Some have reported on CC that they have even received final payment notices for cancelled cruises.

I shifted my Nov 14, 2020 Magic cruise deposit to a cruise in Nov 2021 just before final payment was due mid August.  I saw no reason to pay in full to get an FCC and OBC for a potential sailing down the sea road.

Edited by evandbob

1 hour ago, nklpikl said:

We are supposed to cruise November 9th on the Miracle. All November Miracle cruises have disappeared from the website. I don't think it's a good sign. 

Mine was the 5th... well, that is #3 for me. Hope my Feb 15th cruise holds. 

13 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Ships that can still be booked for November: Breeze, Conquest, Elation, Horizon, Liberty, Panorama, Sunrise.

As I just noted in a related thread: only ships from Port Canaveral and Miami remain on the Carnival website for Nov 2020.  (So drop Panorama from the above.)

I will not be surprised when those ports are also dropped, and Carnival announces cancellations through Dec 1 or 15 or whatever.

18 hours ago, tattoos said:

I am booked on the Breeze departing Port Everglades on November 1st for a 6 day cruise.  I haven't heard one way or the other if we're still sailing.  I feel bad for the passengers who have flights booked.  I live in Florida and am retired so if the cruise is cancelled, I'm in a better position than some people.  I thought for sure we would hear by now if we are sailing or not.  I'm thinking "no" but Carnival is cutting it close for people to cancel all their travel plans.  I know they are waiting for CLIA and the CDC recommendations but they're intelligent people, they must have a very good idea as to when they will actually start sailing safely again.  

Carnival is still sending me emails for spa discounts, ordering items for the stateroom, etc.

The other passenger booked in my stateroom had no choice but to cancel because his supervisor was pressuring him every day for an answer one way or the other.

Well, I booked a hotel in Marathon for a few days and snorkeling excursions from Bahia Honda to Looe Key which is a marine sanctuary.  I always see lots of barracuda and reef sharks gliding under me, cool.  

The flights and getting peoples hopes up for something they know is not going to happen is maddening.  They know they will not be sailing in November and December.  Carnival has really sullied there name in my opinion through this Pandemic.  They have been actively marketing cruises that they know full well will not sail.  They are trying to get you to go ahead and send them money for spa treatments and drink packages and any other dollar they can bleed out of you.  I am sorry this is happening to you and every other person it has happened to.

• Like 1