Beware of Travel G.... Insurance

Lmack

When we purchased our airline tickets (directly from the airline) for an upcoming cruise, we purchased the insurance offered, which was Travel Gu..... Unfortunately, we had to cancel due to my new chemo treatments. I immediately notified the insurance to cancel my reservations and to begin a claim. That was on April 30, 2020. All documents were completed along with letter from oncologist and sent to the insurance as directed by their representative. Long story short, after 23 phone calls and submitting all paperwork twice, I was finally refunded on Sept 14, 2020 the cost of our airline tickets. So beware of Travel Gu... Insurance. 

Sorry you had so many difficulties but with insurance companies being inundated

with claims during this pandemic at least you received your refund. 

I'm sure this applies to most all companies right now...just not the one

you opted to use.

Best of luck with your health.

• Like 3

Thanks to everyone for your support. I’m a fighter and very determined! I can live with the cancer but not in it! There’s a lot of living and cruising we want to do and with God's help, we will. I know he’s in the driver's seat but I’m praying he sees I’m doing everything within my power to accept this challenge and journey. 

I know because of Covid, travel and insurance companies have been overwhelmed. But 4 1/2 months is unacceptable. It took a lot of time and phone calls to finally get the refund. I had to speak with lots of Travel Guard representatives who gave different answers each time. We have a family member who works in the travel industry that says they will no longer deal with Travel Guard. They used to be a great company years ago but have drastically changed. 

I'm the one in our family that deals with all the details regarding our travels and household. We’ve been married almost 54yrs so it’s a little too late to change. My DH has been an outstanding caregiver and I’m very blessed to have him.

Thanks to everyone’s well wishes, support, and if you have some extra prayers, I would appreciate it. God has been very good to me and I’m hoping he'll continue listening to our prayers. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lmack said:

When we purchased our airline tickets (directly from the airline) for an upcoming cruise, we purchased the insurance offered, which was Travel Gu..... Unfortunately, we had to cancel due to my new chemo treatments. I immediately notified the insurance to cancel my reservations and to begin a claim. That was on April 30, 2020. All documents were completed along with letter from oncologist and sent to the insurance as directed by their representative. Long story short, after 23 phone calls and submitting all paperwork twice, I was finally refunded on Sept 14, 2020 the cost of our airline tickets. So beware of Travel Gu... Insurance. 

It’s not just them.  Many insurance companies are way behind.  I had a client finally paid the last week of August for a March 15 cancellation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess I consider myself lucky as I got the 50% cruise fare loss + cancellation fee reimbursed after about a month from my Chase Visa Sapphire trip cancellation/interruption coverage.  Allianz is the insurance company insuring under this coverage.