Free at Sea offers for both in a cabin?

jeremyosborne81

When I saw the Free at Sea offers, I thought they would apply to both people in a cabin. I chose the Shore Excursion credit and the Specialty Dining Free at Sea and it seems that only one person in the cabin is getting the $50 Shore Excursion credit per shore excursion and only one person is getting the two included Specialty Dining  credits.

Is this really how it is?

$50 USD Shore Excursion Credit
Offer is applicable to first guest on the cruise reservation.
The first guest shall receive free shore excursions priced at $50 or less (“the promotion”)
In the alternative, first guest will receive $50 in Shore Excursion Credits to apply against shore excursions priced greater than $50.

Specialty Dining Package

Sail Length # Of Dining
Package Meals
Retail Value 20% Gratuities
3-5 Nights 1 $44.95 per person $8.99 per package
6-8 Nights 2 $79 per person $15.80 per package
9-10 Nights 3 $99 per person $19.80 per package
11-14 Nights 4 $114 per person $22.80 per package
15+ Nights 5 $129 per person $25.80 per package

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.
Dining package is applicable to guest ages 2 and older.

the 1st 2 people in the cabin get the dinner package,  regardless of how many are actually in the cabin. same goes for the drink package.  only the 1st person gets the $50 off excursion and the wifi. of course you can always buy more dinners, increase the wifi and the drink package. if  you wish ,you can also pre-pay your gratuities. 

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

the 1st 2 people in the cabin get the dinner package,  regardless of how many are actually in the cabin. same goes for the drink package.  only the 1st person gets the $50 off excursion and the wifi. of course you can always buy more dinners, increase the wifi and the drink package. if  you wish ,you can also pre-pay your gratuities. 

Actually, the drink package is now for guests 1-8.  This changed sometime this past spring - maybe around the same time as the # of dining nights (I don't remember exactly when it was changed)?

Premium Beverage Package (Open Bar)
Premium Beverage Package is applicable to all qualified sailings excluding Pride of America.
Applicable to guests 1-8 on the reservation. If 3-8 guest is under 21 years of age, Premium Beverage package does not apply and soda package will not be given as a substitution.
Guest 1-2 must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Premium Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.

18 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Specialty Dining Package

Sail Length # Of Dining
Package Meals
Retail Value 20% Gratuities
3-5 Nights 1 $44.95 per person $8.99 per package
6-8 Nights 2 $79 per person $15.80 per package
9-10 Nights 3 $99 per person $19.80 per package
11-14 Nights 4 $114 per person $22.80 per package
15+ Nights 5 $129 per person $25.80 per package

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.
Dining package is applicable to guest ages 2 and older.

So the specialty dining is applied to both guests, meaning we each get two meals or is it two meals, one for each of us?

We're too far out (373 days) to book anything yet. First time I dealt with these kinds of offers.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 4:56 AM, kaprin02 said:

Actually, the drink package is now for guests 1-8.  This changed sometime this past spring - maybe around the same time as the # of dining nights (I don't remember exactly when it was changed)?

Premium Beverage Package (Open Bar)
Premium Beverage Package is applicable to all qualified sailings excluding Pride of America.
Applicable to guests 1-8 on the reservation. If 3-8 guest is under 21 years of age, Premium Beverage package does not apply and soda package will not be given as a substitution.
Guest 1-2 must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Premium Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.

We have booked with some free at sea packages for the Med, next May on Dawn, and the drinks package only applies to guests 1 and 2 in a cabin, not the 3rd 🤔

9 minutes ago, njc519 said:

We have booked with some free at sea packages for the Med, next May on Dawn, and the drinks package only applies to guests 1 and 2 in a cabin, not the 3rd 🤔

It appears you may be from somewhere other than the US - when I posted this back in September, and still currently, in the US the drink package applies to guests 1-8.  But if you booked in another country, there may be different terms/conditions.  I'd recommend going to the Free at Sea page on NCL's website in your country (that page should be under the "Cruise Deals" section), then scroll all the way to the bottom to get the Terms & Conditions.  That's where I found the info I previously posted.

• Like 1