New Promo Starts Oct 1

41 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Thanks for the head's up on this one. Even without having kids young enough for KSF, I was able to price adjust our June 2021 Navigator cruise and save some money, even though I had just booked it on Sept 29.

While most components of the sale remained the same the instant savings varied by date.

Sept 18 - 21...up to $450 off

Sept 25 - 29.... up to $350 off

Oct 1 - 4...up to $500 off

Oct 1 added in the KSF for summer

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 8:14 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

If you look at the detailed billing by guest then you would see one guest only paying taxes and fees.  I see it on my system, not sure how the consumer site breaks it down.

ok, I did an example and they have all the discounts including KSF lumped under 60% off second guest.  As you can see here the 60% off second guest is actually more than the second guests fare.

BE5B19D1-0367-4F86-8811-1A0CFF7190A1.jpeg

Thanks for this explanation.  All of our “kids” are not kids, so the KSF doesn’t apply to my direct family’s charges.  However, my brother, who really does have “kids,” was asking me questions I couldn’t answer.

• Like 1

Looks like the same sale is still going on. I booked on 9/29, then repriced on 10/1 to save some money. Felt like we got a good rate for a 4 night cruise to The Bahamas. I've been checking for rooms to open near us for friends who want to join us. Today, the same category is now $257 more per room than what I paid on the first. Same sale, higher price???

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This has been the norm with RCI "sales" for 5+ years.

I've definitely seen that in the past years, too. But I hadn't noticed the prices changing after the sale started. I assumed the price would be the same on the first day of the sale as it would be on the last day of the sale. Oh well. I'm sure another sale will be just around the corner. And my friend should learn to listen to me when I tell her I've found a good price lol.

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

Today, the same category is now $257 more per room than what I paid on the first. Same sale, higher price???

Two factors at play.

The sale that affects all ships the same.

The base price of the individual cruise Which is constantly changing based on supply, demand and where the cruise is in the booking cycle.

Yours just happened to go up while others went down.  

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Two factors at play.

The sale that affects all ships the same.

The base price of the individual cruise Which is constantly changing based on supply, demand and where the cruise is in the booking cycle.

Yours just happened to go up while others went down.  

This makes sense, as there are a lot less rooms available than there were when I booked. I've heard that there are usually more rooms available than is on the RCL website. I hope that's true, because if our friends decide to cruise with us, there aren't any room near us except inside rooms.

8 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

This makes sense, as there are a lot less rooms available than there were when I booked. I've heard that there are usually more rooms available than is on the RCL website. I hope that's true, because if our friends decide to cruise with us, there aren't any room near us except inside rooms.

Lately the website has been listing more than in the past.  Travel agents have access to the complete inventory other than cabins removed to fulfill group obligations. 

• Like 1