New Promo Starts Oct 1

KSF is a great deal if it's a real KSF!

As someone who has exclusively booked with KSF.... I'd have to say with the itineraries and dates we had booked, there were few kids on board. To those who are indicating they would "never" book a sailing with a KSF... I'd suggest doing a little more research. 

I do wonder, and genuinely curious for those that have posted "we never sail a KSF"... by the time you eliminate holiday cruises (and there's a long list of dates within the fine print) that would likely be full of kids,  eliminate the summer holidays season, and eliminate the dates that include the KSF deal... what exactly are you left booking?

Edited by NateUpNorth

1 hour ago, NateUpNorth said:

KSF is a great deal if it's a real KSF!

As someone who has exclusively booked with KSF.... I'd have to say with the itineraries and dates we had booked, there were few kids on board. To those who are indicating they would "never" book a sailing with a KSF... I'd suggest doing a little more research. 

I do wonder, and genuinely curious for those that have posted "we never sail a KSF"... by the time you eliminate holiday cruises (and there's a long list of dates within the fine print) that would likely be full of kids,  eliminate the summer holidays season, and eliminate the dates that include the KSF deal... what exactly are you left booking?

last two weeks of april, allof  may, nov except thanksgiving week and the first two weeks in december..these have worked for us during the last 25 years of cruising....very few "yutes" and very good weather, life is good.

It looks to be a very selective discount.  One of the cruises I've been watching for next summer, the price went down $493 from yesterday - Inde 8-night August, std. balcony.  For the other - Oasis, 7-night August went up $187, boardwalk balcony. 

7 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

It's strange.  I do have about $500 in savings, but no where does it show KSF (which should kick in for my younger one).  It just has the usual sale items...flash, instant, resident, 60% off)

If you look at the detailed billing by guest then you would see one guest only paying taxes and fees.  I see it on my system, not sure how the consumer site breaks it down.

ok, I did an example and they have all the discounts including KSF lumped under 60% off second guest.  As you can see here the 60% off second guest is actually more than the second guests fare.

BE5B19D1-0367-4F86-8811-1A0CFF7190A1.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you look at the detailed billing by guest then you would see one guest only paying taxes and fees.  I see it on my system, not sure how the consumer site breaks it down.

Thanks for the reply.  When I look at pricing by guest, we all have a charge for taxes and fees.  And my son (who will be 16) and daughter's cruise fare is the same (3rd and 4th guest), with no KSF discount showing.  Then again, it could be a glitch on the website.  Not sure whether I should call for the adjustment or wait to see if it changes.

6 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for the reply.  When I look at pricing by guest, we all have a charge for taxes and fees.  And my son (who will be 16) and daughter's cruise fare is the same (3rd and 4th guest), with no KSF discount showing.  Then again, it could be a glitch on the website.  Not sure whether I should call for the adjustment or wait to see if it changes.

It’s just a web glitch in how it’s showing discounts.

heres how I see KSF pricing and how Royal shows it, both are same dates and cabins 

286E7B94-1946-460B-A7A1-AE5B9B2E6872.jpeg

B1063D99-F954-4547-BB71-A41CC8062E69.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s just a web glitch in how it’s showing discounts.

heres how I see KSF pricing and how Royal shows it, both are same dates and cabins 

286E7B94-1946-460B-A7A1-AE5B9B2E6872.jpeg

B1063D99-F954-4547-BB71-A41CC8062E69.jpeg

Their pricing and discounts are starting to get as complicated as the tax code.

• Haha 2

Ken, thank you.  Called in and got the price adjusted.  The actual invoice shows KSF entries.  Leave it to Royal though...even DH (guest 2) and DS (guest 3, over 12 years ) has an entry for KSF.  Guess I'm the only adult in our group...lol.  (There is no BOGO60 listed, so it must be a mislabeling of the items).  For the total though, you can see that DD is charged just for taxes and fees and gratuities. It's a nice savings so I am happy.

PS - Just noticed that you have the multiple KSF entries too.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They are back to giving away JS for solo rates april 25th, 1507, minus balcony discount, if any. It goes much lower I'll give up my balcony. Wish I could see real price. 

Here you go.

oops, I cut off the grand total.  It’s $1874 plus taxes

86B44527-A3B6-4CF6-9B6B-390BA604A436.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here you go.

oops, I cut off the grand total.  It’s $1874 plus taxes

86B44527-A3B6-4CF6-9B6B-390BA604A436.jpeg

Yikes I priced it a hour ago and got 1507 before discount and taxes. Now it's over 1800? 

I posted new price in my roll call, said only 5 left. Maybe some grabbed at the lower price, but wasnt even a hour ago at 1507. That's crazy.

Edited by firefly333

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yikes I priced it a hour ago and got 1507 before discount and taxes. Now it's over 1800? 

Yep, just double checked.  BTW you won't get a Diamond discount on this as the extra savings are more than the discount

Edited by Ourusualbeach

19 hours ago, retired dude said:

last two weeks of april, allof  may, nov except thanksgiving week and the first two weeks in december..these have worked for us during the last 25 years of cruising....very few "yutes" and very good weather, life is good.

Thanks for the reply!

We've always targeted the first two weeks in December as the prices are reasonable before the holiday hike and we always get a KSF deal for that time.

We book with KSF exclusively right now however also prefer times that there may be fewer yutes roaming around. LOL

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yep, just double checked.  BTW you won't get a Diamond discount on this as the extra savings are more than the discount

Crazy I just checked again and everything just went up, even insides, and js is now over 1900, april 25th. That's at least 2 price jumps this morning. BOOM. Everytime I check it's gone up.

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Crazy I just checked again and everything just went up, even insides, and js is now over 1900, april 25th. That's at least 2 price jumps this morning. BOOM. Everytime I check it's gone up.

I hate it when that happens.  You think about booking something, take a few hours and a day to mull it over and then BAM price has gone up

On 9/29/2020 at 6:24 PM, Bear79 said:

I am currently booked next June on an Alaska cruise with 2 children ages 4 & 6.  We as well as my outlaws are sharing a 2 bedroom GS.  There are no other rooms available for this cruise.  How does taking advantage of the Kids Sail Free work if there are no other rooms available?  Will I be able to keep the same room we're in?  What do I need to do to take advantage of this savings?  TIA

Outlaws.... LOL!!!!  I bet that was intentional.

Thank you to Ourusualbeach !! 
We decided to bite the bullet and move our cruises from March to May (yes, we gave up our beautiful Star Lofts, but it is worth it). We were able to talk my sister and her family into going with us since the dates are now outside of the school year. We booked B2B... let’s see if it’s a go or no go. Either way, we have two children under 12 and saved an additional 4K$ today. 

Thanks again for keeping us all up to date on new promos. 

P.S. when I called the lady said they don’t offer KSF in summer. I asked her to kindly look at the new promos as I could see it online. Yep... there it was! 

• Like 1