Your Thoughts on Booking an Australian Cruise late 2021

19 minutes ago, drsel said:

An Antartica Cruise is expensive and will require a lot more than spare change.
What about keeping money for medical emergencies in old age?

Wait I will check the piggy back and that gold brick holding the door open......lol

I know that a lot of of my older relations.... rely on the public health system 

and so far so good..... Maybe I am the silly one with private health cover...

Never used it.... and monies spent would have covered a WC

Don

4 hours ago, drsel said:

Not as expensive if you get to go as you son's offsider.  Spare change was for extras.  

On 10/4/2020 at 11:14 AM, getting older slowly said:

Hi All....

Just your thoughts.........     Thinking about booking a cruise Nov 2021 to NZ.....

After having 3 cruises cancelled...... I would like to cruise again..... but I do excited about going on a cruise.....

So should one book then switch off until final payment  to avoid disappointment.....

Or wait and see what the product is like ???

Why the sudden interest you ask.......  well I happen to log onto Princess Site  and found extra credits on FCC  

then one thought... better use them i will lose them......   yes the dangled carrot.....

thinking          Don

Well we are thinking of late October 2021 - 30th October - to NZ on Emerald princess. Is that the ship you were thinking of?

2 minutes ago, Sailaway John said:

Well we are thinking of late October 2021 - 30th October - to NZ on Emerald princess. Is that the ship you were thinking of?

At the moment  we have booked

and Princess are saying the Sapphire..5th November 2021 to NZ

...  but honestly  as long as floats and I get a suitable cabin I will be happy  ...

and that was from Melbourne .... if we are out of lockdown be then ....lol

Cheers Don

6 hours ago, NCbmwmom said:

We just booked on Splendor for 10 days at end of June/first of July. I am crossing everything I have that we can cruise. First time in Australia and it’s our anniversary. 

Sorry. Won’t happen.

move it to 2022.

8 hours ago, NCbmwmom said:

We just booked on Splendor for 10 days at end of June/first of July. I am crossing everything I have that we can cruise. First time in Australia and it’s our anniversary. 

I agree with 'Docker'. Our government has been saying that our borders won't be open for international visitors by then. I think it is likely that before visitors can come, there will have to be an effective vaccine and anyone arriving would have to show evidence that they have been vaccinated. 

I doubt that our cruise booked for August will go ahead. It is with P&O who only sell their cruises to Aussies and NZ'ers. I think there is only a 50/50 chance that cruise ships will be operating here by August. If they are, it is likely to be Aussies and NZ'ers only and itineraries to restricted destinations - Australian ports, maybe NZ and maybe some Pacific islands.

9 hours ago, NCbmwmom said:

Sorry to be a wet blanket. I am only reporting what our PM was quoted as saying the other day. 😒

"Scott Morrison has confirmed Australia will move “very cautiously” to reopen quarantine-free travel with a “handful” of countries, raising the prospect Europe and the United States will be excluded until 2022 unless a Covid vaccine is available."

Fall article here.

11 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Sorry to be a wet blanket. I am only reporting what our PM was quoted as saying the other day. 😒

"Scott Morrison has confirmed Australia will move “very cautiously” to reopen quarantine-free travel with a “handful” of countries, raising the prospect Europe and the United States will be excluded until 2022 unless a Covid vaccine is available."

Fall article here.

Boo that makes me sad. We lost 3 Mexican cruises and one British Isles cruise this year already. LoL luckily it was a $100pp deposit, so we aren’t gambling with as much money this time. I definitely don’t blame Australia. I’m wary of Americans right now and I live here. 

8 hours ago, NCbmwmom said:

Boo that makes me sad. We lost 3 Mexican cruises and one British Isles cruise this year already. LoL luckily it was a $100pp deposit, so we aren’t gambling with as much money this time. I definitely don’t blame Australia. I’m wary of Americans right now and I live here. 

Glad to hear you are only risking $100pp deposit,     it is not like you are playing for sheep stations.....

Really   nobody really know   the government  is noted to do back flips when it suits them

Cheers Don

On 10/12/2020 at 9:38 AM, MMDown Under said:

Keep some spare change in case you get to join your son on one of his cruises to Antarctica.  Now that would be a memorable swan song to your cruising life. 

If I decide to go it will be Antarctic season Oct 21 to April 22, that is the window.  My son says this years Antarctic season is cancelled.

On 10/12/2020 at 1:17 PM, drsel said:

I would sort of go on a working holiday, my son's company which he founded and owns charters the expedition ships.

As for money for medical emergencies in my old age, I have Medicare and private health insurance, that will do.

Yes the Antarctic Expedition cruises are not cheap, around AU$10,000 for  12 to 14 days, plus air fares to South America.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 12:14 PM, By The Bay said:

Fall article here.

I have no problem with that, Europe and USA are out of control with Covid and could well be for a long time yet.

There are going to be many unhappy North Americans and Europeans who have booked cruises and air and land travel in this region for 21/22, if our gates remain closed.

Edited by NSWP

On 10/12/2020 at 5:32 PM, MMDown Under said:

Not as expensive if you get to go as you son's offsider.  Spare change was for extras.  

You are correct there, young Marion.😁

Edited by NSWP