The Daily for Saturday Oct 10, 2020

richwmn

41 minutes ago, kazu said:

No need for that.  Sorry, I shouldn’t have said anything.  Just a bit troubled and worried.

They have more than enough prayers from all of us ❤️ 

Just how much everyone cares. Hope all goes well scary times

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kazu said:

No need for that.  Sorry, I shouldn’t have said anything.  Just a bit troubled and worried.

They have more than enough prayers from all of us ❤️ 

I'm going to have to disagree Jacqui. I thinks this is a place where we should feel free to share the good and not so good in our lives. Hoping for the best outcomes for your sister, BIL, and niece.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, kazu said:

Covid is so scary.  Very worried for my niece and my sister and my BIL.

Of course, they are in quarantine.  My niece is already positive and has lost taste and smell.  My sister and BIL have a wait until Sunday to be tested and sadly, where they are the results don’t come  as fast as here.  They might not hear until Friday 😞 

Niece was at University and my soft heated sister was worried about her so they went to get her and bring her home.  DAM.

Scary and very worrisome.  

Jacqui, keeping you all in my prayers. Let’s hope your niece has a minor case and your Sister & BIL end up negative.❤️

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

I'm going to have to disagree Jacqui. I thinks this is a place where we should feel free to share the good and not so good in our lives. Hoping for the best outcomes for your sister, BIL, and niece.

I could not have said it better!  Thank you!

• Like 4

Happy Sunday! Thanks everyone for the thread!

Oooh! I should make an Angel food cake for DH. It's one I don't mind him having. 😉 BUT, we still have leftover pumpkin and apple pie left from our family Thanksgiving celebration yesterday. And turkey. And dressing. And squash. And potatoes. So, we'll have to hold the meal suggestion for another time.

@rafinmd you are correct. Technically, Thanksgiving Day is tomorrow. When I was teaching, I always wanted to have Monday to be able to relax before getting back to the very busy time before progress reports (and the craziness that Hallowe'en brings). As such, we always celebrated on Sunday, as a family. This year, I arbitrarily made it Saturday. 😁 Our church sign:

121214717_3429893743742995_6440095213209556609_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=rI4L0EGo4hkAX_ujWWX&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyz1-1.fna&oh=2d338d62ef7c781308835f62d8b87912&oe=5FA9A3D3

LOL to @Vict0riann and eating turkey for the next several days. That is my happy place! I have always used the LOOK turkey bags. The turkey a) cooks quickly [once you get that sucker in the bag] and  b) turns out so juicy and delicious. We've been using the freezer to table turkeys lately and I miss all the drippings for gravy that I get when I use the bag. I'm going to have to cook another turkey just for the drippings!

Oh, @Copper10-8 your diplomat post makes me wish CC had a ❤️ on that reaction button!

@kazu, I'm so sorry to hear about your niece, sister and BIL. I think that is why Doug Ford told our university kids to stay at school 😞 The problem was, he was full of 'recommendations' without any 'thou shalt not's Hopefully, your niece has a mild case and your DS/BIL avoid the 'plague' and test negative. 

Blessings to all. Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask!

• Like 7