Enrichment

fred 15

I usually enjoy the ones relating to the history and major sights of ports I never previously have visited, particularly helpful if we are touring DIY.  For example, we never had been to Curacao, so I attended the enrichment lecture for that destination on our RT Miami Riviera February 26 - March 11 2020 Caribbean cruise.  I found it very helpful for touring the town of Williamstad on our own. Similarly in May 2019 on our Marina Western Mediterranean cruise, I enjoyed the one I attended regarding Ajaccio, Corsica, Napoleon’s birthplace. 

IMO the lecturers vary considerably in quality. 

Edited by CintiPam

They just posted the topics for the next enrichment series...

COVID Facts and ficton

Political effects of COVID

Investing in the COVID era

Navigating COVID half truths on Facebook

Navigating COVID half truths on Twitter

The life and times of Dr. Fauchi

Why Dr Oz is not really a Medical Doctor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, fred 15 said:

Maybe I heard you..what were your topics?

Ring of fire, and   Discovery in the south pacific and Hawaii.     was on Regatta... LA-Tahiti.. in 15...  I used to be a Naturalist  Ranger with the Nat'l Parks for many years. on Big Island        

We haven't cruised since November 2017 but we started out with Renaissance and then moved to Oceania.  We had some cruises with wonderful lectures and some with just okay lectures.  I remember really wonderful lectures on our Panama Canal cruise about the history of the area (this was our first O cruise) .  There was also a Marina cruise (I forget which one, perhaps 4-5 years ago) where a passenger did a wonderful series on movies, operas and musical comedies.  He was so successful that they asked him to do some extra presentations.

The end result is:  yes, it's a mixed bag.

But they do break up the day when you have a lot of sea days -- which WE happen to enjoy.

We also enjoy the cooking demos, even with the "sthick" that the chefs go through.  Once you've seen a couple of these shows, you know what's coming.  But for home cooks, we can learn something.  And sometimes TASTE something!

Mura