Regatta is now in Astoria, Oregon

JoePDX

Article says she will be there until April.   Start of Alaska 2021 season?   Might need to drive down to Astoria and take a look and dream.....

At this point it doesn’t look like a cold layup is in her future.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/cruise-ship-docks-in-astoria-for-first-time-in-7-months/283-53bfd2d0-1277-41f4-ae2d-21617dc31c65

Joe

Edited by JoePDX

8 minutes ago, JoePDX said:

Regatta going to Astoria is already "old news."

That deal was done (and then announced in the "trades") more than a week ago. I've heard that it caused a flurry of transfers to the '21-'22 "down under" itineraries (including mine). and I'm betting it's affected everything else that was supposed to happen in Regatta's coming months.

If you've got a Pacific Regatta cruise upcoming before April 2021, now is the time to transfer your booking to a year later. Cabins are disappearing.

Yup, regatta parked in Astoria, saw her up close today!  Going to be hard looking at a Cruise Ship everyday and not going cruising on any line for ever it seems like.  Will do drive bys , honk and wave to let crew members know we care about them.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

Yup, regatta parked in Astoria, saw her up close today!  Going to be hard looking at a Cruise Ship everyday and not going cruising on any line for ever it seems like.  Will do drive bys , honk and wave to let crew members know we care about them.

For a couple of months this past summer,, we woke up each day to the sight of Regatta docked across SF Bay in Oakland. 

We are booked on the Regatta repositioning sailing at the end of May, from San Francisco to Vancouver, with stops in Alaska. Right now, we are thinking that our cruise will either be the last cruise cancelled, or the first one to sail: assuming that the regular Alaska season is a go.

• Like 3

So how long will it take Oceania to update its website for future cruises to reflect that Regatta will not be in AUS/NZ or crossing the Pacific this winter? And, indeed, will Insignia not resume sailing until May, in the Med?

BBQ Lover,

We are on your Regatta cruise. I started a Roll Call but there has been very little activity.

I do think we will sail.

I am also hoping that things will be such that we will be able to book our own excursions.

Stay safe.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to  let you know, Regatta still in Astoria.  I only see her in daytime.  But going to find out if she lights up at night.  She moved in and out recently, changed position for parking here.  Hoping some local group will get it together to give crew some special Christmas cards, etc.    Ship looks  lonely,

want to cruise again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Just to  let you know, Regatta still in Astoria.  I only see her in daytime.  But going to find out if she lights up at night.  She moved in and out recently, changed position for parking here.  Hoping some local group will get it together to give crew some special Christmas cards, etc.    Ship looks  lonely,

want to cruise again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They probably take her out for  a spin to keep things in working order

Wonder if they would allow  things to be sent onboard  that came from unknown sources (locals)  with Covid & all ?

They are trying to keep the crew safe 

thankfully haven't had the need to board up here in Astoria, but closed  down once again for all dining, gyms, all the limits on gatherings. urggh, keep looking at cruses online for a year from now, keep my spirits up, lol.  just got to have something to hope for.  will keep an eye on the Regatta😎🤞

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 4:38 AM, LHT28 said:

They probably take her out for  a spin to keep things in working order

Wonder if they would allow  things to be sent onboard  that came from unknown sources (locals)  with Covid & all ?

They are trying to keep the crew safe 

Hi Lyn,

My information is that NO parcels etc can be sent to crew onboard any O ship at this time.  Maybe closer to sail date they will allow.  You know my contact who is still home will be missing his birthday & Xmas gifts this year.  And will also miss having us onboard Riviera  for Xmas/New Year.😭😭😭  Probably not as much as we will miss being onboard.  Moving house is no where as much fun.😅😅😅

They take the ships out of port to deep water to top up their water supply.  So I'm told by a crew member who is onboard Marina now.

Edited by rhohea
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rhohea said:

My information is that NO parcels etc can be sent to crew onboard any O ship at this time.  Maybe closer to sail date they will allow. 

You might want to try approaching your town/city's Mayor and/or City Council and see if some sort of official effort can be made by having the City reach out to Oceania and request that a care package be delivered to the ship on behalf of the City.   The company will want to keep good relations with the local agency and this might receive a favorable response.

19 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

You might want to try approaching your town/city's Mayor and/or City Council and see if some sort of official effort can be made by having the City reach out to Oceania and request that a care package be delivered to the ship on behalf of the City.   The company will want to keep good relations with the local agency and this might receive a favorable response.

Thank you for your response but I  was just giving Lyn a reply to her statement.   We are already supporting 4 crew members who have not worked since March.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Took my dog for a walk in Astoria today and checked out the Regatta; after convincing my dog (Luna) that I wasn't leaving for a cruise

Dog.thumb.jpg.c3448f61e651fc0f9586b710e1303ea2.jpg

Found a bald eagle keep careful watch over the ship.

Eagle.thumb.jpg.e738c6fd96613fb7dd04f8e5a86b23e9.jpg

Cheers,

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DandDM said:

Took my dog for a walk in Astoria today and checked out the Regatta; after convincing my dog (Luna) that I wasn't leaving for a cruise

Found a bald eagle keep careful watch over the ship.

Cheers,

Thanks for the update.....  Beautiful dog!