The Daily for Saturday Oct 17, 2020

richwmn

47 minutes ago, kazu said:

We just have too many to pull it off especially with the big maple tree leaves.

I hear you.  There's "protected land" behind us and we get the "benefit" of all the leaves that come down every fall besides our own trees.  I've already filled 5 yard waste bins and more is coming down.  Also around here we have a problem with slugs laying their eggs under the leaves -- yuck -- a constant problem anyway, but I'm not going to make it easier for them. 😆

1 hour ago, kazu said:

That’s true for a few leaves.  We have way too many.  Think 90 bags of leaves per year if they aren’t mulched.  I’m not kidding.  I count as I get tired of them - LOL.

With the number of leaves we have the lawn would be killed.  There’s always some left for the insects out front as the linden is the last tree to drop and often some of the leaves are frozen or buried under snow.  So we always have spring clean up.

Plus, out back is the dogs’ “bathroom”.  Too many leaves and it starts to get hard to find what you are looking for.  We like a clean “bathroom” 😉   

I don’t blame you for letting them lie.  We just have too many to pull it off especially with the big maple tree leaves.

We actually have a lot, too. The maple lets them fall onto our back deck and DH blows them back onto the ground. We'll mulch what we can, rake some, and leave some.

• Like 1

A bit more on Captain Edvardsen.  He left Crystal in 2012 to take a position in his homeland of Norway with a subsidiary of Crystal's then parent, NYK:

Interesting that the Luxury Cruise Company biography appears to have posted after he left the cruise line

Roy