Quantum of the seas sailing from Brisbane 2021

Hi,

Few changes to the Royal Caribbean Itinerary's this week.

Quantum of the seas NZ cruises from Sydney in LATE 2021 have been cancelled and she is sailing out of Brisbane doing only Australian ports. Radiance of the seas for late 2021 cruises seem to be changed or cancelled altogether.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuitesRbest said:

Hi,

Few changes to the Royal Caribbean Itinerary's this week.

Quantum of the seas NZ cruises from Sydney in LATE 2021 have been cancelled and she is sailing out of Brisbane doing only Australian ports. Radiance of the seas for late 2021 cruises seem to be changed or cancelled altogether.

We won’t see radiance again.

It’s off to Alaska and then down the US west coast . Through the Panama Canal to Miami.

We get Serenade in Sydney next season.

On 10/22/2020 at 10:22 PM, Chiliburn said:

We won’t see radiance again.

It’s off to Alaska and then down the US west coast . Through the Panama Canal to Miami.

We get Serenade in Sydney next season.

According to Cruise Weekly ( travel agents edition) Quantum goes to Brisbane and Ovation and Radiance will operate out of Sydney............( unless it was a typo ). 
It did not say  when exactly., just 2021 season.

47 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

According to Cruise Weekly ( travel agents edition) Quantum goes to Brisbane and Ovation and Radiance will operate out of Sydney............( unless it was a typo ). 

Apparently 

All four ships Ovation,Quantum,Radiance and Serenade are going to do the Alaska season the middle of next year.

Alaska is a big cash cow for RCI .

Ovation and Serenade will do a transpacific to Sydney,Quantum to Brisbane.

And Radiance has all the bookings from Alaska,Panama canal and is to replace Freedom of the seas in Miami.

Big things happening with sydney for next season  .Most of the NZ and longer cruises are being canceled and shorter domestic short cruises being released.

Will Quantum and Ovation dock at Eden ? It looks like a few are going there.

B9FF447E-895D-4CC6-AB91-32057598AF3B.png

96DC7BE5-F88A-46BE-B660-68E36A89DA73.png

Edited by Chiliburn

3 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Radience or Serenade?

37 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Radience or Serenade?

It was probably radiance class but the ship will be Serenade.

I don’t know how graham will go next season,there’s going to be a lot of short cruises.

So that’s a lot of turnarounds.

He going to put on a lot of weight with those free lunches.

Edited by Chiliburn

44 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Radience or Serenade?

The Cruise Weekly article I read said Radiance for Sydney but looking at the Royal  post on Facebook it said Serenade ...I assume Royal would know. 😁

I have heard nothing  from my “employer” as yet so have no “inside info”  but I would guess  Sydney: Ovation Serenade .....Brisbane : Quantum  so you might be flying to Brisbane to try her out.

Edited by gbenjo

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It was probably radiance class but the ship will be Serenade.

I don’t know how graham will go next season,there’s going to be a lot of short cruises.

So that’s a lot of turnarounds.

He going to put on a lot of weight with those free lunches.

But only two ships instead of three so the number of turns will probably be much the same. 

We had our south pacific from Sydney on Quantum cancelled on Thursday 22nd October, We ended up being able to get the same cabins on a similar cruise on Quantum except it will depart from Brisbane.

cya

Edited by bl262000

5 hours ago, gbenjo said:

The Cruise Weekly artWell they cancelled icle I read said Radiance for Sydney but looking at the Royal  post on Facebook it said Serenade ...I assume Royal would know. 😁

I have heard nothing  from my “employer” as yet so have no “inside info”  but I would guess  Sydney: Ovation Serenade .....Brisbane : Quantum  so you might be flying to Brisbane to try her out.

Well, Royal have cancelled my Quantum cruise so not sure what we will book now.

6 hours ago, bl262000 said:

We had our south pacific from Sydney on Quantum cancelled on Thursday 22nd October, We ended up being able to get the same cabins on a similar cruise on Quantum except it will depart from Brisbane.

cya

For those of you thinking that a destination port of Brisbane is comparable with Sydney.

Luggage Point in Brisbane - home of the new cruise passenger terminal.  Luggage Point

Not quite the prime location that Sydney OPT  offers! 😜

20170409_180510.thumb.jpg.9ec9b2b343b82690d2aac94b0d8779cf.jpg

7 minutes ago, banzaii said:

For those of you thinking that a destination port of Brisbane is comparable with Sydney.

Luggage Point in Brisbane - home of the new cruise passenger terminal.  Luggage Point

Don’t forget the rocks and the bridge.

22 hours ago, banzaii said:

Sydney is the one the beautiful ports in the world, nothing much compares. 

11 hours ago, SuitesRbest said:

Our Quantum of the seas cruise from Sydney doing NZ 20th November 2021 was cancelled, we swapped it over for the Ovation in October 2021 same itinerary.

Hope that goes ahead, bloody miss cruising and the looking forward to one. 

I’ve got a feeling the NZ cruises may be dropped from next year.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:45 AM, MMDown Under said:

Will passengers departing from Brisbane to South Pacific have less sea days?

It used to take a little over an hour to get from the old Portside dock to the mouth of the river. So the new cruise terminal saves about an hour each way. Not much in the scheme of things, but I suppose it will save fuel in the long term.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:45 AM, MMDown Under said:

Will  the route be north past Caloundra, Sunshine Coast and Moreton Island?

Yes. There is only one shipping channel in or out of Brisbane. The cruise along Moreton island and the Sunshine Coast is quite scenic in its way.

For those lamenting the lack of a Sydney Harbour in Brisbane, just a reminder that there is only one Sydney Harbour. Melbourne, Adelaide, Cairns, Darwin,  and Perth ports are all about as attractive as Brisbane. Even Hobart doesn't have an Opera House.

49 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

It used to take a little over an hour to get from the old Portside dock to the mouth of the river. So the new cruise terminal saves about an hour each way. Not much in the scheme of things, but I suppose it will save fuel in the long term.

Yes. There is only one shipping channel in or out of Brisbane. The cruise along Moreton island and the Sunshine Coast is quite scenic in its way.

For those lamenting the lack of a Sydney Harbour in Brisbane, just a reminder that there is only one Sydney Harbour. Melbourne, Adelaide, Cairns, Darwin,  and Perth ports are all about as attractive as Brisbane. Even Hobart doesn't have an Opera House.

It also means they don't have to worry about tides/ river flows and the bigger ships (that couldn't get under the bridge) don't have to go to the grain terminal at fisherman's point/island

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I lost my previous response.  

Cruise along Brisbane River to Portside is not attractive, so won't be missed.  However ferry trip from Portside upriver to the CBD and further is attractive for passengers. 

The cruise north of Brisbane along the shipping channel has beautiful views of Moreton Island with its big sand hills, Bribie Island and the Sunshine Coast.  There used to be a ferry which ran from Brisbane to Bribie Island before the bridge was built. 

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It also means they don't have to worry about tides/ river flows and the bigger ships (that couldn't get under the bridge) don't have to go to the grain terminal at fisherman's point/island

The NEW port in Brisbane was way over due. As previous posts in this thread have mentioned, it is not a pretty port but very accessible and purpose built for cruise passenger embarkation/disembarkation. It is also on the right side of the river for City access (30>40mins via bus/uber etc at most) and ALL the LARGE cruise ships will be able to use it which will open up OUR port for all ships. ABOUT FRICKEN TIME. lol

• Like 3

On 10/25/2020 at 7:44 PM, SuitesRbest said:

Sydney is the one the beautiful ports in the world, nothing much compares. 

We may not have the Opera House or Harbour - but we have a smick new Terminal, on site shaded parking and the “loos” 

https://urbanutilities.com.au/community/looseum  😆

Edited by Porky55

On 10/24/2020 at 12:05 PM, gbenjo said:

The Cruise Weekly article I read said Radiance for Sydney but looking at the Royal  post on Facebook it said Serenade ...I assume Royal would know. 😁

The red carpet is getting a bit musty Graham. No spethial people to walk thereon.