Ship movements thread

FreestyleNovice

1 hour ago, RumRunner2021 said:

This may be old news, or some may consider it non-news, but the NCL Encore is now docked in Seattle.  Good times!  

image.thumb.png.55ebd82d388b3381ce13aff074e5f0e7.png

Literally 2 posts above yours...

4 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Encore now docked in Seattle! 10 minutes ago.

image.thumb.png.6f0536630f79f7e93df9ebfd83e80aee.png

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

What, are you a CC mod wanna-be? Cut the rum-running pirate some slack, geeez....

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Literally 2 posts above yours...

what happened was, RumRunner2021 created a new thread about the Encore being in Seattle, not knowing that I’d already posted my message HERE in this thread. The mods saw his thread and merged it into THIS thread. 

• Thanks 2

I have a feeling (no inside info) that the Encore will stay on the Pacific side of the Canal.  Sending the Bliss through the Panama Canal to the Pacific and the Encore East into the Atlantic at the same time would be very expensive.  It would be nice to see the Encore on the West Coast after the Alaska Season.

1 hour ago, MorganClark said:

What, are you a CC mod wanna-be? Cut the rum-running pirate some slack, geeez....

Ah, just figured out who your other handles are on here.  Thought I recognized you.  lol

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MorganClark said:

I was not aware of the nature of the post being its own thread and then merged to this one.  My point would stand if that had not been the case, rather than trying to break the news, reading the entire thread would have revealed the info was already posted.

Everyone wants to feel like they're reporting "the scoop" these days...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jy0ung1 said:

I have a feeling (no inside info) that the Encore will stay on the Pacific side of the Canal.  Sending the Bliss through the Panama Canal to the Pacific and the Encore East into the Atlantic at the same time would be very expensive.  It would be nice to see the Encore on the West Coast after the Alaska Season.

We have a Panama cruise scheduled for Apr 17th from Miami to Seattle on the Encore. You could be right, I do not see a repo cruise from Seattle back to Miami after the Alaska season is over. Just have to wait. 

18 minutes ago, hallux said:

I was not aware of the nature of the post being its own thread and then merged to this one.  My point would stand if that had not been the case, rather than trying to break the news, reading the entire thread would have revealed the info was already posted.

I was not aware his post had been merged into the thread either. The result did kind of make that rum-running pirate look a little silly. But, to no one's fault. My post was a little harsh; for that, my apologies.

25 minutes ago, bluenose1 said:

We have a Panama cruise scheduled for Apr 17th from Miami to Seattle on the Encore. You could be right, I do not see a repo cruise from Seattle back to Miami after the Alaska season is over. Just have to wait. 

I'm actually booked on one on Encore (21-day repo from Seattle to Miami via the Panama Canal) but it is not until Oct 23, 2022.

1 hour ago, bluenose1 said:

We are on the April 10th-17th Miami Round Trip just before you.  Somehow Encore must return to Miami for us🤞

36 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

We are on the April 10th-17th Miami Round Trip just before you.  Somehow Encore must return to Miami for us🤞

They will just give you Bliss. It seemed like a very easy move when they changed bliss to encore for Alaska.

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

They will just give you Bliss. It seemed like a very easy move when they changed bliss to encore for Alaska.

Are you getting information that this switch would occur from somewhere?   I would love a reference if you could provide please!

After all of my cruise cancellations, I would hate to have something mess with my Encore April 2022 reservation that includes prepaid service charges.   

48 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Are you getting information that this switch would occur from somewhere?   I would love a reference if you could provide please!

After all of my cruise cancellations, I would hate to have something mess with my Encore April 2022 reservation that includes prepaid service charges.   

I was just responding based on the theory proposed in #281. Lots of speculation Bliss will replace Encore in the Atlantic. I don’t believe encore has a revenue generating trip planned thru the Panama Canal after October in Alaska (but things are changing so rapidly)?? Sorry, I didn’t mean to alarm you, but on the bright side if they do flip ships it seems easy to do.  I hope it turns out exactly how you wish :).

11 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I was just responding based on the theory proposed in #281. Lots of speculation Bliss will replace Encore in the Atlantic. I don’t believe encore has a revenue generating trip planned thru the Panama Canal after October in Alaska (but things are changing so rapidly)?? Sorry, I didn’t mean to alarm you, but on the bright side if they do flip ships it seems easy to do.  I hope it turns out exactly how you wish :).

We loved the Bliss but Encore has Onda.   Still, I can be happy on either but I do want my Promos to come with me.  This cruise has the Pre-Paid service charges which I lost on two prior cancellations.   Do they move your current promos with you?   Maybe someone knows?

Thanks for the good wishes.....hoping it works out🤞

30 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

We loved the Bliss but Encore has Onda.   Still, I can be happy on either but I do want my Promos to come with me.  This cruise has the Pre-Paid service charges which I lost on two prior cancellations.   Do they move your current promos with you?   Maybe someone knows?

Thanks for the good wishes.....hoping it works out🤞

When the Bliss was switched to the Encore,  the current promos stayed. 

Prebooked items needed to be rescheduled. 

• Like 1

Speaking of Bliss, I noticed that she and the Escape have been sailing around the English Channel for the past few days.  I have just started following this stuff, so is that something that they just do periodically?  I assume that some amount of sailing is beneficial if not required to keep the crew and systems in good shape, but then again it must run up the fuel costs.

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

I assume that some amount of sailing is beneficial if not required to keep the crew and systems in good shape

They need to leave port periodically to run certain systems.  There is certain "stuff" they can't discharge in port, the solids are likely burned but the liquid is treated and even though it's treated they can't dump it in port so they need to go out a certain distance to release it.

Less important if they can get a fresh water connection in port - they also might need to make water, which also can't be done in port.

9 hours ago, Wvshimmy said:

When the Bliss was switched to the Encore,  the current promos stayed. 

Prebooked items needed to be rescheduled. 

Good to know!   

The Pre-Paid Service Charges promo is a rare one and I would hate to lose it again☺️

It will now be interesting to see if they announce a ship switch sooner rather than later🤔

19 hours ago, hallux said:

Not really.  I posted it because a lot of us are excited about the resumption of AK cruises this fall and when I checked I found that Encore had reached Seattle.  Not much "scoop" in posting a ship's location.  I'm pretty sure that anybody can find this information at any time.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, RumRunner2021 said:

Not really.  I posted it because a lot of us are excited about the resumption of AK cruises this fall and when I checked I found that Encore had reached Seattle.  Not much "scoop" in posting a ship's location.  I'm pretty sure that anybody can find this information at any time.

I appreciate the posts 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1