The Daily for Thursday Oct 29, 2020

richwmn

We had strong winds From 8 this morning until about 4 this afternoon and trees were down all over.  Our power went out for about 5 hours and we had bags packed to go to a hotel because DH sleeps with a CPAP and would be awake all night without it.  We had gone out for dinner when a neighbor texted me to let me know the power came back on.  We hardly had any rain, but the winds were dangerous.  Our yard is covered with debris but we didn’t have any serious damage.  I hope this was the final storm of the year!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good evening!  I am very late, not sure where the time went today. Thank you for the Daily Rich. And thank you for your list Roy and I really enjoyed your trip report and am sitting on pins and needles wondering what happens next. 

Bad news today. DGD’s school had a someone with a positive Covid and all students are being now schooled at home virtually. She has been attending live for about 6 weeks (before that was virtually). So for the next two weeks my dining room table will be Zoom and full of notebooks, etc. She didn’t do so well with virtual learning before so this will be interesting. BTW, she is in a charter school, the public schools have not started in person learning yet. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheKingD said:

We had strong winds From 8 this morning until about 4 this afternoon and trees were down all over.  Our power went out for about 5 hours and we had bags packed to go to a hotel because DH sleeps with a CPAP and would be awake all night without it.  We had gone out for dinner when a neighbor texted me to let me know the power came back on.  We hardly had any rain, but the winds were dangerous.  Our yard is covered with debris but we didn’t have any serious damage.  I hope this was the final storm of the year!

Glad you are safe! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening!  I am very late, not sure where the time went today. Thank you for the Daily Rich. And thank you for your list Roy and I really enjoyed your trip report and am sitting on pins and needles wondering what happens next. 

Bad news today. DGD’s school had a someone with a positive Covid and all students are being now schooled at home virtually. She has been attending live for about 6 weeks (before that was virtually). So for the next two weeks my dining room table will be Zoom and full of notebooks, etc. She didn’t do so well with virtual learning before so this will be interesting. BTW, she is in a charter school, the public schools have not started in person learning yet. 

Bless you for being there for her, Sharon!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Oh dear.  So sorry to hear this.  Bless you for helping your DGD through this ❤️ 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, rafinmd said:

........................................I don’t think I have an exterior photo of the Ukraine Hotel but it was both large and comfortable with a comfortable room.

wrld1960.thumb.jpg.98e6ece4daea86f5463245b70cd3093b.jpg

....................I saw a McDonalds and got one meal there (I think McNuggets) ordering from a photo menu.  I was a bit surprised when the guy at the counter responded with a pretty decent “Would you like fries with that?”.

Is this the one, Roy?

The Gostnitsa Ukraina / Hotel Ukrainia at 2/1 Kutuzovsky Prospect in Moscow stands 676 feet tall. It is the tallest hotel in Russia, the tallest hotel in Europe, and the 52nd tallest hotel in the world. It is a  Radisson Collection hotel, managed by the Rezidor Group. It was opened in May 1957 

%D0%9E%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C_%22%D0%A3%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0%22_%28%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4_%D0%BE%D1%82_%D0%9C%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B2%D0%B0-%D0%A1%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B8%29.jpg

Moscow, Hotel Ukraina (30585861673).jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Is this the one, Roy?

The Gostnitsa Ukraina / Hotel Ukrainia at 2/1 Kutuzovsky Prospect in Moscow stands 676 feet tall. It is the tallest hotel in Russia, the tallest hotel in Europe, and the 52nd tallest hotel in the world. It is a  Radisson Collection hotel, managed by the Rezidor Group. It was opened in May 1957 

%D0%9E%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C_%22%D0%A3%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0%22_%28%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4_%D0%BE%D1%82_%D0%9C%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B2%D0%B0-%D0%A1%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B8%29.jpg

Moscow, Hotel Ukraina (30585861673).jpg

That's it.  I have a picture of it but not a label and could not identify it from memory.

Roy

• Like 1