HAL Cancels ALL cruises through March 31, 2021

boze9999

2 hours ago, semibeater said:

So far no negative news on my 7 day BtoB BOS to Bos 7/3/21 on Zaandam. Same cabin same vessel. VoV was supposed to leave on 10th but they have added more 7 day cruises to Montreal. Here's hoping.... 

They removed the VOV which was to follow your cruise and would have tied up the Zaandam for a month. Boo-hoo for me but good news for you

Question before I call my TA.  A couple weeks ago I moved my group from the March 21, 2021 10-day sailing on the NS to the February 13, 2022 10-day sailing...................wonder if my group would be eligible for the credits..................anyone have any info on this???

Edited by doone

1 hour ago, doone said:

Question before I call my TA.  A couple weeks ago I moved my group from the March 21, 2021 10-day sailing on the NS to the February 13, 2022 10-day sailing...................wonder if my group would be eligible for the credits..................anyone have any info on this???

I assume that you are asking if you will get the 125% FCC credit?   If so, since you initiated the move, I doubt it (I did the same thing last March and I did not get the extra FCC), but you never know for certain with HAL, so I would at least ask my TA to check into getting it.

1 minute ago, DaveOKC said:

I assume that you are asking if you will get the 125% FCC credit?   If so, since you initiated the move, I doubt it (I did the same thing last March and I did not get the extra FCC), but you never know for certain with HAL, so I would at least ask my TA to check into getting it.

That's exactly what I am asking, thanks I will have my TA give HAL a call.........

1 hour ago, doone said:

That's exactly what I am asking, thanks I will have my TA give HAL a call.........

TA just got back to me and nope, we don't get the FCC credit since the move was initiated by my group first........oh well, we're ok with it, we're happy to have something booked to look forward to.....

As disappointing as it is with cancelled cruises, I guess we need to be patient and give HAL a week or so to get their itineraries set.  This last post indicates that they are working on them.  We have had many, many cruises cancelled this year and now into 2021.  (We usually are cruising 3-4 months of the year).  AND it looks like the only option from the US will be 7 day cruises.  UGH!  We love to be on a DAM ship for 3-4 weeks at least at a time.  

It will be very hard to sit back and wait, but a necessity right now.  This has been a STRANGE YEAR!!!  Just happy that we were on the Zaandam in January in Antarctica and from mid February through mid March from Ft. Lauderdale through the Panama Canal to San Diego and then onto Hawaii returning on March 18th--just in time to STAY at HOME.  

• Like 2