AstraZeneca Report Success with Vaccine

A&L_Ont

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

The province of Ontario has just announced Monday a deployment team for the roll out in Ontario. I have no details as of now, not to mention how the Federal Government is working with the provinces. Once a vaccine e becomes available we will be notified very quickly. 

My suspicion would be long term care residents and facility staff Eli g some of the first if not the first, followed by essential workers, hospital staff, health care workers, aged and then immune compromised.  After that it will roll out to the general public but I have no idea how that will be administered.

The vaccine and it’s storage temperatures will make it “interesting” for long term care not to mention everyone else. Less so for the population that have greater mobility in the community.  

The Ministry of Health will dictate the order of operation. I do feel 100% confident that residents of LTC will receive their vaccinations at their home facilities.  Also that staff who work there will be given the option. I suspect that it will be a travelling team organized by the local Health Units doing this.  Really no different than how the flu vaccine is done today.

I wish I knew more but right now I have no true information. Just basing this on past experiences.

How will they do it on Bowen Island of the coast of Vancouver for filming location for Harpers Island the TV series. They will have to bring it in by boat but they might not be able to keep that cold in a refrigerated trailer and I don't think they will want to move it around too many times. They might have bring the people over to Vancouver.

27 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

How will they do it on Bowen Island of the coast of Vancouver for filming location for Harpers Island the TV series. They will have to bring it in by boat but they might not be able to keep that cold in a refrigerated trailer and I don't think they will want to move it around too many times. They might have bring the people over to Vancouver.

Hard to say. It would depend greatly on which vaccine they have to distribute. I never even knew about that show but it looks interesting.  Scenery should be amazing. 

I did hear on the news today that Canada will be delayed in getting the first vaccines as we do not produce any here. The PM Trudeau said that countries that physically produce them usually get them prior to countries that do not. I guess we have not produced them for a few decades here. 

Below is what the PM said about vaccine time frames. In reading it, it makes me think any cruises to Canada and from Canada are off as they think it will take all of 2021 for Canadians to be vaccinated.

Countries like the U.S., U.K., Germany, and Spain have announced aggressive vaccination plans, with the shots expected to be rolled out in mid-December.

However, Canada isn’t expecting any doses until early next year.

“Yes, the very first vaccines that roll off an assembly line in a given country are likely to be given to citizens of that particular country. But shortly afterwards, they will start honouring and delivering on the contracts that they signed with other countries, including with Canada,” he told reporters outside his Rideau Hall home on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Trudeau did not say on Tuesday when exactly he will announce a distribution plan. All that’s been revealed so far is that the first of the vaccines will be dedicated to those on the frontline of the pandemic.

Officials believe it could take until the end of next year before most Canadians are vaccinated”.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/11/24/canada-covid-19-shipments-later-trudeau/

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I went by the case numbers on Worldometers.

If indeed the numbers are higher like you propose that is only for the better.  I am not so sure about “closer than we think” as the percentage would have to be much higher. If indeed they are, then it is a “good situation” considering it isn’t a positive thing to think about.  

The numbers will plummet with 50% vaccinated but it sure won’t disappear overnight.  

I don't think we need it to disappear.  Just a major case count drop then the assurance that passengers are properly vaccinated prior to boarding and perhaps a test at boarding and you can be pretty much assured that the ship is safe and virus free.

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I don't think we need it to disappear.  Just a major case count drop then the assurance that passengers are properly vaccinated prior to boarding and perhaps a test at boarding and you can be pretty much assured that the ship is safe and virus free.

That would work... but I’d like to give it a Telemundo slap in the face.  😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Bowen island is a 20 minute boat ride from Horseshoe bay that runs every hour 18 hours a day.  It'll be no more difficult getting it there than it will to any suburb of Vancouver.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

me too, 

I also wish my Spanish was better. This is helping though.  

We used to watch it back in the university days prior to going out to the bars. Have a few beers and some laughs. Their TV entertainment shows were always entertaining as well. 

I wouldn’t say my youth was totally wasted. 😉

The Governor said vaccines will be available by early summer in California. It would be nice if it was earlier, but if they are readily available by then, that's fine. Article in the paper said that all the vaccines are mostly being manufactured in India, because they have the large scale production facilities, that other countries do not. 

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hard to say. It would depend greatly on which vaccine they have to distribute. I never even knew about that show but it looks interesting.  Scenery should be amazing. 

I did hear on the news today that Canada will be delayed in getting the first vaccines as we do not produce any here. The PM Trudeau said that countries that physically produce them usually get them prior to countries that do not. I guess we have not produced them for a few decades here. 

Below is what the PM said about vaccine time frames. In reading it, it makes me think any cruises to Canada and from Canada are off as they think it will take all of 2021 for Canadians to be vaccinated.

Countries like the U.S., U.K., Germany, and Spain have announced aggressive vaccination plans, with the shots expected to be rolled out in mid-December.

However, Canada isn’t expecting any doses until early next year.

“Yes, the very first vaccines that roll off an assembly line in a given country are likely to be given to citizens of that particular country. But shortly afterwards, they will start honouring and delivering on the contracts that they signed with other countries, including with Canada,” he told reporters outside his Rideau Hall home on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Trudeau did not say on Tuesday when exactly he will announce a distribution plan. All that’s been revealed so far is that the first of the vaccines will be dedicated to those on the frontline of the pandemic.

Officials believe it could take until the end of next year before most Canadians are vaccinated”.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/11/24/canada-covid-19-shipments-later-trudeau/

It is like a slasher type thing like a scream a group of people go for a wedding and all they get killed off 1 by 1 and in brutal ways. The island looks very nice they all filmed wicker man remake with Nicholas Cage. I am surprised Canada has been slow in getting hold of the vaccine like that.

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Bowen island is a 20 minute boat ride from Horseshoe bay that runs every hour 18 hours a day.  It'll be no more difficult getting it there than it will to any suburb of Vancouver.

But can you fit a refrigerated trailer and truck on the back of that ferry? And do they have the proper storage facility when it gets there because a household or shop fridge won't cut you know. I don't a meat locker fridge would cut it either.

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

The Governor said vaccines will be available by early summer in California. It would be nice if it was earlier, but if they are readily available by then, that's fine. Article in the paper said that all the vaccines are mostly being manufactured in India, because they have the large scale production facilities, that other countries do not. 

No insult intended, but your governor is clueless

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Coralc said:

He's playing politics.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BND said:

He's playing politics.  

Not surprising. He is a politician. Folks seem to have more of an opinion about him than we do in California. :classic_huh: Is what he says true or not? I think it is what he believes about future availability.