I get more depressed as I look at old pictures of my Carnival cruises...

john91498

What magical times those were. My kids playing at the Water Works. Me and my wife having cocktails at the pool. Amazing dinners in the main dining room. The comedy club before I go to sleep. The fun excursions and exploring. Guy's burgers. Taking my kids to Camp Carnival. The Steak House.

I can go on and on, but this post is actually making me sad...I miss cruising...

• Like 3

Agreed.  The screen saver on my TV is a Google photos slide show.  It is so sad when the cruise pictures come up it is very sad.  I hope that Carnival makes it out of the pandemic in one piece so I can be back on a boat with my family as soon as it is safe.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, john91498 said:

What magical times those were. My kids playing at the Water Works. Me and my wife having cocktails at the pool. Amazing dinners in the main dining room. The comedy club before I go to sleep. The fun excursions and exploring. Guy's burgers. Taking my kids to Camp Carnival. The Steak House.

I can go on and on, but this post is actually making me sad...I miss cruising...

Agreed. I think for the first time in months, I am getting down about cruising. There are a lot of people out there right now with battles that I can't imagine so I won't go as far as saying I am depressed. Just down.

Feels like my wife and I are getting snippy with each other. My body is breaking down since I usually use a cruise as time off from my workouts. Feeling really unmotivated.

To bright side it, I am racking up vacation days like crazy. I am almost up to 50 days of vacation right now.

• Like 1

At first, travel photos made me sad. I really do miss vacation but I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to travel when I did. Those memories keep me going and give me something to look forward to in the future. I had a "staycation" from work for 9 days where I actually never left home recently. It's good to have a mental break from reality even if you can't go anywhere at the moment. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Skeet shooting from the fantail aboard Carnival Jubilee 1988.

Now THIS Was Cruising.jpg

My uncle enjoyed the skeet shooting from the fantail with his friends and they would compete. I think Carnival charged $6 for 3 pulls. I suppose this sport won't return but it sure was exciting to watch the grown ups firing shotguns from the back of a moving ship.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2020 at 6:13 PM, john91498 said:

Me too and I think we are never going to get back what we had. Oh cruising will continue in a form, but not what we experienced. Everyone keeps saying "When we get back to normal", but this has changed the world in fundamental ways that will not revert for a very long time and cruising will feel that impact more than most industries. 

• Like 2

It is all so sad. What a surprise this was to all of us! I actually get rather "down" when I read all the Posts on Cruise Critic and yet I cannot resist reading what is new from day to day. Although really not much new but it is still a connection to "cruising" for me.

• Like 2