What do you think the odds are that they will require.....

Shippy

On 12/4/2020 at 9:47 AM, mrlevin said:

I know the source is considered a tabloid; however this article is a real concern.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9017455/Letitia-Wright-slammed-posting-video-questioned-efficacy-COVID-19-vaccine.html

I wonder if the 5G antenna with the vaccine will give me a faster connection with my old iPhone. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Several years ago, I was able to use FaceTime on TA Crossing. The last two years, FaceTime could not be connected. 
That is awful, when you need to communicate with family if you are on a longer cruise. 
This  is one of the few complaints I have regarding Regent!
sheila

Nine hours of included phone time; who needs to use face time?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

My thoughts also. We were perfectly happy with phone time and texting on our WC for 137 days. We were able to catch up with the kids and grandkids as often as we wanted.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Well, if the internet is good, I dont see a single reason not to use my facetime function to call my parents or relatives. Its always nice to see them via phone call. In any case, it all will depend on the connection you will be having on board the ship 

Getting back to the original subject - this is a news item in Reuters today:

UK warns people with serious allergies to avoid Pfizer vaccine

Britain's medicine regulator has advised that people with a history of significant allergies do not get Pfizer-BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine after two people reported severe adverse reactions on the first day of rollout.

We will certainly not cruise on any ship where they allow non-vaccinated staff or guests onboard.  No vaccine = no cruise with no exceptions.  I am sympathetic to those who can't get a vaccine because of a medical condition, but you should not receive an exemption.  As to the anti-vaxxers - it's your choice entirely but don't expect to be travelling anywhere soon because no-one will take you.  Enjoy yourself at home.

• Like 2

Required & documented vaccination to prevent covid-19 in order to be permitted to board a cruise ship is the easiest way to restore some normalcy to cruising - a real no brainer for cruisers and the cruise industry.  I still have my International Certificate Of Vaccination for small pox which was required to travel many years ago, as well as for Yellow Fever.  Anything short of this increases the likelihood of one's cruise being cut short and everyone being quarantined due to the incidence of covid on board - not to mention possibly becoming infected yourself.  

• Like 1

Yes they will definitely require all crew and those passengers boarding to have proof of vaccination. In fact this will be the most important action that they will implement to regain absolute confidence of the passengers. This will be how they will restart the cruising industry! Nothing less! It would be my bottom line to start cruising again.

On 12/6/2020 at 3:05 PM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Several years ago, I was able to use FaceTime on TA Crossing. The last two years, FaceTime could not be connected. 
That is awful, when you need to communicate with family if you are on a longer cruise. 
This  is one of the few complaints I have regarding Regent!
sheila

WhatsApp is never a problem on TA's or anywhere 👍🏻

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tsipper said:

100% requirement- No shot-No sail!, period, end of sentence.  Reasoning should be self evident.  I have no intention of paying to get on a cruise where it is not required- that's what refunds are made for.

Absolutely must be required! No brainer. 

We are ready to cruise and will sure get the CV19 vaccination as soon as available here in the San Francisco Bay Area. We have had 4 cruises cancelled and are currently booked on 3, but not starting back until next Fall. Darn!

Hey! Here’s an interesting tidbit. Some cruise ships are on the move!  We are watching Princess Ruby, Majestic, Royal that departed Manila and look to be headed toward North America West Coast!!!!! Seems early but gets us excited. Maybe other cruise lines are into the positioning too for training. Wish there. Was a CC board watching this!

My question is not whether to get the vaccine but when.  If the vaccine lasts only 4 months, for example, do I get the shot now to protect me? Or, do I delay until just before our WC in Dec 2021 which happens to be 4 months long?  Will I possibly need 2 series of shots?  Will they be available to me?

It's too early to tell how long immunity will last. All that I've seen for the Pfizer vaccine so far is "at least" 3 months but, it is expected to last significantly longer. Almost certainly far longer than catching COVID and using natural immunity.

That said, by the time this is said and done there will be more than 1 vaccine, probably several within the next few months, and nobody truly knows how long immunity will last. It may be months, it may be years.

A booster would not be surprising, but who knows. I think everyone should carefully record which vaccine they take as they'll probably have some differences.

8 hours ago, amusea said:

Getting back to the original subject - this is a news item in Reuters today:

UK warns people with serious allergies to avoid Pfizer vaccine

Britain's medicine regulator has advised that people with a history of significant allergies do not get Pfizer-BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine after two people reported severe adverse reactions on the first day of rollout.

Unfortunate, but not entirely surprising, Vaccines are designed to trigger an immune response so someone  could find themselves uncomfortable and possibly in a bad place. That's why even with "regular" vaccines right now the pharmacist/dr usually doesn't want you to leave for 10-15 minutes, even those without known issues.