Carnival crew gets Holiday wishes

jimbo5544

1 hour ago, St.Pete said:

321,333 JH followers and that's all he got?

You keep this up and you will not be getting the extra chocolate covered strawberries delivered to your room.  Remember, little things are almost always the most meaningful in life, but you knew that. 😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

I think 4000 is more than what I would expect.  I don't generally send cards to every service worker I encounter.  

Why not? It would be very meaningful. Besides, I’d expect way more than 4,000 if this was a request from the brand ambassador. For some unknown reason, people have a weird attachment to him, Carnival and its crew.

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Why not? It would be very meaningful. Besides, I’d expect way more than 4,000 if this was a request from the brand ambassador. For some unknown reason, people have a weird attachment to him, Carnival and its crew.

Some people who don't even cruise on Carnival have a weird obsession with them and their brand ambassador. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Why not? It would be very meaningful.

I must have a significant amount of Grinch in me, but I've been receiving "care packages" and holiday cards for decades from the Seaman's Church Institute (more properly meant for foreign flag crews, but they still send them to US ships), and frankly could care less about the holiday wishes of total strangers.  Emails or phone calls from home mean far more, at least to me.

I received cards like this when I was in the Middle East for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s. They weren’t forced on anyone. They weren’t delivered to you. They were in boxes in a common area. You could go take however many you wanted or none at all. Some people didn’t care. Others looked for cards from close to home.

I took some and I sent them all something back  One was a 2nd grade class. I took that one because I wanted to make sure they heard back. One of my favorite souvenirs was currency. You could go to the currency exchange place and get brand new bills from Iraq and Iran. They were cool looking, really cheap, and easy to mail. So all of them got those back from me along with a letter. .

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

So true. So sad.

why so?  He is public figure that has the largest filled travel blog out there (actually FB, but the point is still valid).  He draws attention to himself (purposefully) and is the brand ambassador for the largest cruise line in the world.  He has both fans and haters, but that comes with the turf.  Usually the haters also hate Carnival -go figure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I received cards like this when I was in the Middle East for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s. They weren’t forced on anyone. They weren’t delivered to you. They were in boxes in a common area. You could go take however many you wanted or none at all. Some people didn’t care. Others looked for cards from close to home.

I took some and I sent them all something back  One was a 2nd grade class. I took that one because I wanted to make sure they heard back. One of my favorite souvenirs was currency. You could go to the currency exchange place and get brand new bills from Iraq and Iran. They were cool looking, really cheap, and easy to mail. So all of them got those back from me along with a letter. .

Nice post.

• Like 1

Just now, xDisconnections said:

Maybe! A Carnival cruise when the industry resumes wouldn’t be too far out of the picture, as you know.

We are all sitting and waiting, when that will be only gets more precise by eliminating the time that has passed.  48 weeks since our last cruise, certainly the longest break in over 15 years.

8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

We are all sitting and waiting, when that will be only gets more precise by eliminating the time that has passed.  48 weeks since our last cruise, certainly the longest break in over 15 years.

Can relate. This is our longest break as well with our last cruise being Antarctica in January. My bi-weekly Disney trips even came to an end because of the reservation platform and the elimination of FastPass (will return when those return). We just opted to push our Baltic cruise back by a year so the next one on the books is now Crown Princess in Nov. Oh well, I’ve had some other wonderful land based vacations in the meantime and the next one in a few weeks after the holidays (replaced a canceled Sky Princess cruise) will be pretty sweet.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1