Spirit cruises in 2022 being canceled

Notsew

15 hours ago, Notsew said:

Just received a notice from ncl that they are canceling the December 2022 cruise to Australia we had booked. 

They are canceling all spirit cruises from April to December of 2022.  

The Spirit roundtrip Australia cruises are not cancelled. I believe you refer to the reposition cruise from Asia to Australia being cancelled?

And yes, all the ASIA cruises on Spirit from April to December 2022 just cancelled yesterday.

For cruises after December 22nd 2022 ncl is booking cruises on the spirit .  So ever the optimist we are booking an Xmas/new year's cruise on the spirit between Australia and New Zealand to make up for the cancelation. 

Right now it is still a mystery what the spirit will be doing between April 2022 to mid December 2022.  But was happy to be notified so far in advance of the cancelation so we could rebook an alternative at a great price. 

15 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

So, the Spirit is still going to do cruising around Australia, but not Asia?

2 hours ago, Sherrica said:

We are booked on the Spirit (Australia to New Zealand) 12 days in March 2022. I have not been Informed of any cancelation. 

2021 Dec - 2022 Mar (Australia cruises) : not cancelled

2022 Mar 27 (Sydney to Bali) : not cancelled

2022 Apr - 2022 Nov (Asia cruises) : CANCELLED

2022 Dec 06 (Singapore to Sydney) : CANCELLED

2022 Dec - 2023 Mar (Australia cruises) : not cancelled

On 12/5/2020 at 4:34 PM, Notsew said:

Right now it is still a mystery what the spirit will be doing between April 2022 to mid December 2022.  But was happy to be notified so far in advance of the cancelation so we could rebook an alternative at a great price. 

Perhaps some of these countries will not allow and may never allow cruise ships back into their waters.

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Perhaps some of these countries will not allow and may never allow cruise ships back into their waters.

If that would be the case there would be a lot more cancellations of other cruise lines as well.

But so far i only know of this ship and this cruise line. So this cannot be the reason.

We're supposed to be on the Nov 12th cruise out of Singapore to Thailand, Myanmar, and Malaysia and haven't heard anything yet. We loved the itinerary and love the Spirit and were looking forward to sailing on it after the refurb.

3 hours ago, vinster42 said:

We're supposed to be on the Nov 12th cruise out of Singapore to Thailand, Myanmar, and Malaysia and haven't heard anything yet. We loved the itinerary and love the Spirit and were looking forward to sailing on it after the refurb.

Check with your travel agent or NCL. This cruise has already been cancelled.

17 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Check with your travel agent or NCL. This cruise has already been cancelled.

Oh, I know it's cancelled, thanks to to info gathered here! I was just saying that I wasn't notified and neither was my travel agent. I've already moved my booking to another cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 11:04 PM, vinster42 said:

We were on that cruise to and received a cancellation yesterday from our TA.no note why. It was a part of a btb cruise didnot hear anything yet from the other cruise  loved these both iteneraries. Such a pity 

We booked for Japan 2022 and paid the deposit and less than two weeks later got an email telling us it had been cancelled. Now we have to wait a minimum of 90 days for our deposit money back, shouldn't be allowed but having just gone through a fight with P&O for a refund I`m resigned to waiting for just the deposit.

4 hours ago, southampig said:

We booked for Japan 2022 and paid the deposit and less than two weeks later got an email telling us it had been cancelled. Now we have to wait a minimum of 90 days for our deposit money back, shouldn't be allowed but having just gone through a fight with P&O for a refund I`m resigned to waiting for just the deposit.

In recent months NCL processed the refund more quickly than before, usually less than 30 days. I am not sure if it is the same in UK / Europe, but hope you can receive the deposit back soon.

Weve been on Spirit a few times, but this last time few years ago, cured us.

Haven't shared this story before, but its easy to remember cuz we were On Spirit....

Middle of the night, asleep in our cabin, I wake up hearing a rustling coming from our closet.

At first I thought, is that an animal? a rat in our closet? Whats that sound?

Mind you we were in calm waters, could barely feel any ship movement.

I'm sitting up in bed looking towards the closet.... when the closet door slides open... SLAM!!!!

It slid OPEN, with a loud SLAM!    *****?

Needless to say, it scared the crap out of me!  No idea what happened, it was NOT ship

rolling or anything like that. 

I tried the next day to see IF it would open easy??

No, it did not roll open easy.  It would catch, had to be pushed.

We  slept with a light on for the rest of the trip.

Haven't been on Spirit since. 

I'm not a frady cat, but that cured me from going on that ship again.

• Haha 1