Can You Think of a Reason not to Book a Regent Cruise?

ChucktownSteve

1 minute ago, Pcardad said:

Try a 7 day out of Miami.....

I am moving to Ft Lauderdale area by the end of the month just so I will be closer to the cruise sources.  I currently live in Illinois and getting there is often more expensive than the cruise itself, and I am a solo traveler!  Looking forward to taking Regent for a spin soon!

1 hour ago, DeweySki said:

I have really been looking for a cruise to "cut my teeth on" with Regent Seven Seas.  I am a fan of all they have to offer as far as luxury and amenities, but before I invest a lot of time and money in a series of cruises I am looking for a short one to see if it is "all that" as they say and make sure the hype is not just smoke and mirrors.  The videos are amazing and have me itching, so as long as they are accurate I think I will be a huge fan.  Any recommendations for a good "try it out" cruise with Regent?

Our first was Alaska starting in Fairbanks. You won’t be disappointed. 
We have not yet done a cruise up the eastern coast to Montreal or other port, but I think this would be another cruise to check out Regent. 
I have also seen some kind of special including Business class air for Alaskan cruises. 

I love Alaska and have visited there on Holland America.  Will be going back in August on Carnival with a group of friends.  Will be interesting to see the difference.  And if I get a chance to do Regent, that will REALLY be a difference I am sure!

Thankx to the suggestions on this board, I decided to take the air credit for Orlando to Miami and Montreal to Orlando.  I'm sure both sets of economy would have included at least two legs resulting about 7 or more hours travel times each direction.

In it's place, I'm renting a car for $75 for the 3.5 hr drive to Miami, thus I don't have to park at any airport for 17 days.  When I fly back, I found a direct 3.25 hr flight from Montreal to Orlando and upgraded to business class.  Much better than the lengthy economy itinerary. 

I never would have thought of that had it not been for some of the discussions.

Does anyone know if I can swap the included pre cruise hotel to a post cruise hotel in Montreal?

Edited by ChucktownSteve

6 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I never would have thought of that had it not been for some of the discussions.

Does anyone know if I can swap the included pre cruise hotel to a post cruise hotel in Montreal?

So, Orlando to Montreal?  Sounds interesting!  Not sure about your question, but I suspect not.  We really enjoyed the Intercontinental when we did a cruise out of Montreal several years back.  Close to Old Montreal (which may or may not be where the ship docks.)

1 minute ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

So, Orlando to Montreal?  Sounds interesting!  Not sure about your question, but I suspect not.  We really enjoyed the Intercontinental when we did a cruise out of Montreal several years back.  Close to Old Montreal (which may or may not be where the ship docks.)

The cruise is out of Miami to Montreal.  I fly back to Orlando.  How could I find out which Montreal dock the Navigator will use?

20 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

The cruise is out of Miami to Montreal.  I fly back to Orlando.  How could I find out which Montreal dock the Navigator will use?

Don’t know how to check, but when we were on Navigator it was right downtown. Stayed at the Intercontinental, as Wendy mentioned, and walked to the ship in about 10 minutes.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BBWC said:

Don’t know how to check, but when we were on Navigator it was right downtown. Stayed at the Intercontinental, as Wendy mentioned, and walked to the ship in about 10 minutes.

I'm not sure how to check either.  The main cruise ship dock is in fact close, although a bit far for some to walk with luggage, I would say.  Our Seabourn trip got stuck with an embarkation way out in the boonies up the river at the far end of the island.  Not sure often that happens.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

We have a friend who has a daughter in Montreal he visits frequently.  He suggested Hotel Nelligan in downtown.  Anyone familiar with that property?

We are originally from Montreal and visit family and friends back there often, pre COVID, and have stayed at the Nelligan. Great Hotel and location, in the heart of Old Montreal. Terrific restaurants, bars, etc. and a short cab ride to Crescent Street area where there are also great bars and pubs. We also enjoy The Lowes Hotel on de la Montagne for it's location. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest reason I see not to book a Regent cruise or any other cruise for that matter is the uncertainty of the impact of COVID both on the ship and in the ports. I love the Regent ships and the onboard experiences but my main reason to cruise are the destinations. If I am limited in what I can see and do in the port cities then I can wait until this pandemic passes. This latest Delta variant is impacting the vaccinated at alarming rates and as long as COVID is around, it will mutate even more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1