Credit Card Refunds

mcrcruiser

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

If you cancelled a refundable deposit say for a 2022 cruise how long did it take before the refund posted to your credit cards ?

I cancelled one of my 2021 cruises and got my money back within a few weeks.  However, that was before Princess started multiple cancellations for various reasons.  My second cruise was cancelled on 11/23 and I have yet to see anything --- thinking I may be in for a bit of a wait like I did for 2020 cruise refunds.  Guess we will all have to hang tight once again.

Decided in June  to cancel October cruises before Princess cancelled. My FCD for the two cruises were on my credit card in a couple of days. Surprised.

I think if you cancel before Princess does,you don't get caught in that big wait.

Princess recently cancelled my Alaska cruise for 2021. I am sure that I will be in for a big wait for any kind of refund. I did decide instead of refund will take FCC with the bonus 25% so I know this is going to be quite a while before I see anything in my personalizer.

25 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Decided in June  to cancel October cruises before Princess cancelled. My FCD for the two cruises were on my credit card in a couple of days. Surprised.

I think if you cancel before Princess does,you don't get caught in that big wait.

Princess recently cancelled my Alaska cruise for 2021. I am sure that I will be in for a big wait for any kind of refund. I did decide instead of refund will take FCC with the bonus 25% so I know this is going to be quite a while before I see anything in my personalizer.

You are probably right.  The refund I received in 5 days was for a cruise I cancelled before Princess did.  I just didn't need any additional FCC.

We cancelled a Mar 2021 b2b 6 in Nov, 6 days before Princess did.  No refunds yet.  Princess cancelled our Oct 2021 TA a couple of weeks ago.  Also, no refund.  The 3 cruises disappeared from th Personalizer one day kindling hope but all were back the next day.  Hurry up and wait.

We cancelled a January PC cruise about a week before Princess did the latest round of cancellations.  Refund of our deposit showed up on our CC within 7 days, a far cry from an April round 1 cancellation which took more than 120 days.

Other sailings for July and October which Princess has now cancelled have not processed yet (we didn't ask for cash, both were secured with FCC's or other credits, we'll let them process in due time).

What is concerning is the delays in getting credit from a cancelled cruise deposit on a credit card . We have a $400 refund from a cruise which I cancelled  because we decided to do a  different Princess cruise     . Right now we have  $998 in deposits for 3 Carnival corp cruises outstanding  which includes this $400  deposit . I could be wrong but ,I am under the impression that any cash transaction that is cancelled must be credited with in 5 to 7 business days of the request . 

given that Mr Donald the CEO of Carnival corp has said that CCL has sufficient funds to carry the corporation through the 2021 summer is not too exciting . Additionally ,it was publicized  that between the 3 major cruise lines they are burning one billion dollars per month . Carnival corp also has floated & sold into the market more stock & did a special financing arrangement to raise cash 

I think we all need to watch how much we pay out to the current non cruising cruise lines ,at this moment in time 

Two cruises were cancelled in October, on the 20th and the 23rd.  I just got the first refund yesterday, so that was 56 days from cancellation.  Plus, BOTH cruises have been removed from my Future Cruises list in my Princess account.  So, I expect the second refund to hit my card within the next 48 hours.

Another cruise that was cancelled on the same day as one of the above is an FCC, and it's still showing in my account and I haven't received the FCC yet.

Edited by pcur