Odyssey of the Seas - Starbucks - included?

Hi,

I have been on Jewel and Symphony before and both had a coffee place with specialty coffees that were included in our deluxe beverage package.

I saw today that Odyssey has a Starbucks. Does this mean that specialty coffees will not be included in the package? Or will there be 2 coffee venues onboard?

1 hour ago, Marga.Anders said:

Hi,

I have been on Jewel and Symphony before and both had a coffee place with specialty coffees that were included in our deluxe beverage package.

I saw today that Odyssey has a Starbucks. Does this mean that specialty coffees will not be included in the package? Or will there be 2 coffee venues onboard?

Typically, Starbucks is not included with the package unless one is sailing in Star Class. There is generally another alternate location to get specialty coffee other than Starbucks. 

Since Odyssey has yet to sail, we don’t really know what the final product will look like. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

3 hours ago, Marga.Anders said:

Hi,

Coffee will be included at the Cafe Promenade and not at Starbucks. 

0BCF1B09-A4DC-4475-8B39-91FEC4972D5A.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

And the coffee in the Café Promenade on all RCCL ships has been Seattle's Best, a Starbucks subsidiary. Not as over-roasted as its parent, and limited in selection types.  But once the milk goes into your latte, your taste buds won't know the difference and your wallet will thank you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

We usually sail Celebrity, so go to Cafe al Bacio for our coffee with the beverage package.. Is there something (other than Starbucks) on Odyssey where we can get premium coffee?

We won't know until she sails but on her sisters Cafe Promenade, Cafe270 and the coffee bar in the Windjammer offer premium coffees.  The presumption is Odyssey will as well.  

Are the premium coffees at Cafe270 covered under the drink package or are they available to everyone? 

Should we politely ask at Starbucks about coffee and see what they say? I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

17 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Are the premium coffees at Cafe270 covered under the drink package or are they available to everyone? 

Should we politely ask at Starbucks about coffee and see what they say? I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Never hurts to ask.  

In the recent past, earlier this year on the Allure my Dh went to starbucks not realizing it wasnt included in the beverage package and they filled his order and said there was a surcharge of $1.  He usually gets latte with extra shot of espresso.  When i tried, i was simply told No, not included.  I guess it all depends on who is at the register.

3 hours ago, maggieq said:

We have been on the Anthem twice with a drink package. Both times I was able to get lattes at the Starbucks/coffee place across from cafe promenade at no charge.  Perhaps this has changed recently?

Anthem does not have a Starbucks stand alone venue.  Odyssey will have a proper stand alone Starbucks like in some retail stores or malls in America.  

2 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Never hurts to ask.  

In the recent past, earlier this year on the Allure my Dh went to starbucks not realizing it wasnt included in the beverage package and they filled his order and said there was a surcharge of $1.  He usually gets latte with extra shot of espresso.  When i tried, i was simply told No, not included.  I guess it all depends on who is at the register.

Odyssey will be the first Quantum class ship with a stand alone Starbucks venue on board.  

Some ships have served Starbucks branded coffee on board, some ships served Seattle's Best or other brands but it wasn't a full and proper Starbucks on board the ship.  

Some ships like Navigator have seen a proper Starbucks installed during an amplification. 

To date, NO ship in the fleet with a stand alone "proper" Starbucks has included the Starbucks venue in the drink package with two exceptions.  The first involved a limited trial on certain Oasis class ships that was short lived (2017-ish IIRC).  The other exception has been Star Class guests who have Starbucks charges waived.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alnursu said:

When you buy the deluxe package it does state that Starbucks is not included 

"*All Beverage Packages exclude any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores."

Hope this helps

The confusion is what is a licensed Starbucks. 

as mentioned already by Twangster licensed Starbucks are the stand alone stores and are not included.  Other coffee shops on board May display Starbucks signage but they are included.