Negative Covid pre test required before departing for NZ from US & Uk

56 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

YNWA   Liverpool is my team, ever since Australian Craig Johnson went and played for them in 1981.

I thought it was earlier than that, just after we finished school, but maybe that was just to England he played with a couple of teams before joining Liverpool. I played with him when we were kids, even then he was a standout, though there were better players at Boolaroo High at the time he was there (in my opinion). His mum and dad backed him where other’s couldn’t afford to do so.

4 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I thought it was earlier than that, just after we finished school, but maybe that was just to England he played with a couple of teams before joining Liverpool. I played with him when we were kids, even then he was a standout, though there were better players at Boolaroo High at the time he was there (in my opinion). His mum and dad backed him where other’s couldn’t afford to do so.

Yes, Craig Johnston trialed and played for a few teams before getting into the League with Liverpool and making the news here.

Craig Johnston - Wikipedia

36 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, Craig Johnston trialed and played for a few teams before getting into the League with Liverpool and making the news here.

Craig Johnston - Wikipedia

Interesting stuff thanks, pretty sure both his mum and dad were teachers, I also remember when he battled osteomyelitis. His first club was Westlakes Wildcats at Rathmines, but I guess under 5s or whatever it was doesn’t count, his first (I think it would have been first) coach later became a MP.

I recollect back in 2012 pulling away from Albert Dock, Liverpool on Crown Princess doing Brit Isles cruise, the ship and the dock played Youll never walk alone and ferry cross the mersey. Rip Gerry. Feel sorry for them now, level 5 lockdowns.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

YNWA   Liverpool is my team, ever since Australian Craig Johnson went and played for them in 1981.

Yes I know that Mic, commiserations re Gerry.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Air New Zealand has announced it will stop their non-stop flights to LA and San Francisco.

These flights will soon stop in Honolulu for a crew change, and a new crew will operate a  Honolulu to mainland return flight.

This will enable the crew to remain airside in LA & SFO and therefore reduce risk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

Air New Zealand has announced it will stop their non-stop flights to LA and San Francisco.

These flights will soon stop in Honolulu for a crew change, and a new crew will operate a  Honolulu to mainland return flight.

This will enable the crew to remain airside in LA & SFO and therefore reduce risk.

Good idea to reduce risk as much as possible.