2023 World Cruise coming out January 18

On 1/13/2021 at 8:11 PM, Fred321 said:

If you put down a deposit to hold the 2023, the itinerary is now available in your account with HAL.

Do you know how I can see the itinerary if I don’t have an account yet? 

18 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Disappointing for us.  Too much Europe and nothing in Asia.  It seems like there is no port between New Zealand and Africa, unless I am missing some ports.

I actually think it is pretty unique for a WC.  The problem is there are only so many ways around the world and after you do a few WC's it impossible to not have many repeats.  This one is far different from any in quite a while with concentrations in South Pacific/Australia/lots of aAfrica and yes Europe but even there the ports are different then most HAL WC's.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Six ports in Australia.

Yes there are six ports in Australia including two in Tasmania between NZ and Africa plus two ports in the Mauritius.

Edited by KirkNC

1 hour ago, zelker said:

Curious how many overnights it does?  And how many sea days?

Looks like 8 overnights (The half sun and moon symbols).  Sea days are usually about 1/2 the cruise so probably sixty something but you can't go around the world without them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

The problem is there are only so many ways around the world and after you do a few WC's it impossible to not have many repeats. 

For most of us that's never going to be a problem. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm probably never going to do a WC, but it's fun to look at the itineraries and imagine what it would be like to take such a wonderful cruise.  The 2022 WC has too many ports in Brazil for my taste.  

• Like 1

The Zaandam is a really nice ship, but for a world cruise I'd prefer they use a larger one. Relatively speaking, there aren't that many suites/balconies on the Zaandam, and I'm sure the suites will be priced to reflect their scarcity (although despite that, they will probably sell out quickly). 120 or so days is an awfully long time to be in an interior or ocean view cabin.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Certainly hits a lot of ports I've not yet visited, and ones that probably make sense to visit via a ship.

On the other hand, I'm just not sure how interested I am in some of them!

We have been pleasantly surprised that sometimes those with low expectations turn out to be quite delightful.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

The Zaandam is a really nice ship, but for a world cruise I'd prefer they use a larger one. Relatively speaking, there aren't that many suites/balconies on the Zaandam, and I'm sure the suites will be priced to reflect their scarcity (although despite that, they will probably sell out quickly). 120 or so days is an awfully long time to be in an interior or ocean view cabin.

No way will you see a bigger ship.  The full cruise didn’t sellout on the Amsterdam (with the possible exception of 2020) with 1,300 passengers. 

3 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Disappointing for us.  Too much Europe and nothing in Asia.  It seems like there is no port between New Zealand and Africa, unless I am missing some ports.

I should add that the problem with Asia is that it’s the wrong time of year.  The 2017 WC went to Japan, Korea, China etc and we had snow on the Great Wall (which was actually kind of pretty) and temps in the low 20’s in Korea.  If you want Asia in a world cruise like environment you are far better off doing the Grand Asia as you visit those countries in October.

Edited by KirkNC