Anyone remember this guy?

Maddox121

Fun Ship Freddy.  Kids loved him. In 2004 we bought the plush toy for our young daughter.  She loved it.

Twelve years later we bought her the funnel hat in theIr $10 store. She wanted it for crazy hat day in high school.  I am shock what the hat goes for on eBay, over $80.

We thought Fun Ship Freddy was a great mascot.

4 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

There have been lively discussions over the years about parents contacting Carnival's Special Needs Department in advance of their family cruise to arrange for Freddy to disappear for the week. That may be why there's no Freddy today.

I don't know why everyone had to lose something they enjoyed because some kids don't like it.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

I don't know why everyone had to lose something they enjoyed because some kids don't like it.  

I said at the time the better solution would be for the parents to ask for a schedule of appearances to be made by Freddy and plan their day accordingly. It's not like Freddy was some rogue actor who would magically appear. There's a crew member in there and they know when and where he's going because there was usually a photographer with Freddy to take those pricey photos with the kids 😉 

The online discussions were passionate at times and rivalled the infamous Carnival " No More Shrimp Cocktail " Revolution of 2012.

13938250_942988309160654_706631476047241

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1