Millennium to the West Coast - Sept 2021

Jeremiah1212

34 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

they just want the money. in my opinion i will not sail until this whole thing is over. i respect that many are thirsty to sail but i’ve been blessed to see the world.   no bucket list.  i’ll wait if ever 

According to the experts, Covid is not likely to go away in our lifetime.  One would hope that by 2022, when these sailings occur, that things will be back to a decent version of "normal"

• Like 1

A few thoughts, they wouldn't be doing this if there were other options. 

Hopefully those folks that are always clamoring for more cruises out of the West Coast will be appeased. 

I did a similar cruise years ago on Princess and it was one of my least favorite cruises out of about 50. A lot of it had to do with being on Princess, but the ports are kind of a variation of being in the Caribbean. The area around Cabo is beautiful though. 

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

Hopefully those folks that are always clamoring for more cruises out of the West Coast will be appeased. 

I did a similar cruise years ago on Princess and it was one of my least favorite cruises out of about 50. A lot of it had to do with being on Princess, but the ports are kind of a variation of being in the Caribbean. The area around Cabo is beautiful though. 

I did an NCL Mexican Riviera when we lived in San Diego in 2015, was really delightful.  A couple of ports we were not able to stop at (last minute) due to travel advisories.  Acapulco, Cabo, PV, Mazatlan - we were nervous here though.  As a result of two ports being closed we were able to do overnight in PV and Cabo, just spectacular.  Had 4 full days at sea, was really a blast of a cruise, LOVE Mexico and the people and the food! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

And just an FYI, we were looking into these cruises yesterday and all the Deck 11 cabins were unavailable.  Not sure why - wondering if maybe a travel agent grabbed the group of them or something.  Very frustrating - and unfair if they are actually not truly booked already - as that is actually our preferred location for AQ cabins on M class.

Chatted online with Celebrity today to find that the unavailable staterooms (mostly balcony/verandas) are just not released yet.  Some may be held for TAs and some will later be released.  

There is also a January promotion for double club points for new bookings Jan 1-31, 2021 for sailings 5/1/2021 to 5/23/2023, automatically applies to verandas and above staterooms.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Just curious- what was it about Princess that made it not that great a cruise.  I always thought Princess had the reputation of being a quality cruise line.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

Interesting the 7 night itineraries  in 2022 have  the 4 stops you mention.  The 8 night sailing have an overnight in Cabo and no stop in Ensenada. I like that option better.

Agree..althhough I believe there are nice winery excursions in Ensenada.  We did not get off there on our Pacific Coastal Cruise.

At least they are not including more dangerous ports like Acapulco...we did an excursion there with armed guards in  gated guarded beach property! Was a bit nerve wracking!

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Agree..althhough I believe there are nice winery excursions in Ensenada.  We did not get off there on our Pacific Coastal Cruise.

At least they are not including more dangerous ports like Acapulco...we did an excursion there with armed guards in  gated guarded beach property! Was a bit nerve wracking!

We did a winery tour in Ensenada in November 2019, our last cruise before Covid. It was great   We have done wine tours in Australia, Spain, France, Italy, California, Chile & Argentina ( probably some other places I can’t recall); we didn’t expect much in Ensenada and were pleasantly surprised.  There are some amazing wineries around Ensenada. 

13 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Just curious- what was it about Princess that made it not that great a cruise.  I always thought Princess had the reputation of being a quality cruise line.

Thanks.

Maybe it was the ship we were on, but it wasn't a good fit for us. We were on the Golden. It was very crowded, especially in the theatre. You had to get to the show at least 30 minutes early to get a seat. Same situation in the dining room. Only cruise I've ever been given a beeper that would go off when your table was ready, had a Chili's/Applebees feel to it. 

The room was fine, the food was average. If I had to drill down the major reason we didn't like it then it would be the crowded feeling. 

15 hours ago, ORV said:

Different opinion here.  Our similar cruise on Celebrity years ago remains one of my favorites.  At the time we were able to go to several more ports (Acapulco, Zihuantanejo for example) which made it much nicer, but unfortunately not safe to go there now.  Even the ports they are visiting are questionable for that matter, but we would choose Celebrity shore excursions as an extra layer of security if we ventured off the malecon.  Visited a couple of the ports in 2016 after our Panama Canal crossing and really enjoyed it.  Can't wait to go again (just booked for 12/2022).  I think Mexico is considerably different and more culturally interesting than the usual Caribbean ports (other than the Mexico ones of course).  But maybe it's just because I rarely get to visit these ports, as opposed to the usual San Juan, St. Thomas etc., etc. which I have been to umpteen times.

• Like 1

Happy to see west coast sailings!! Just wished they would have returned to San Diego..would be easier than getting to the port(s) in LA and SD has so much more to offer as a departure city..at least that's what this SD native thinks!! 😉 🙂 🙂

Just now, LuAnn said:

Happy to see west coast sailings!! Just wished they would have returned to San Diego..would be easier than getting to the port(s) in LA and SD has so much more to offer as a departure city..at least that's what this SD native thinks!! 😉 🙂 🙂

Having lived in SD for 10 years but had to commute back and forth to LA (🥴) totally agree with you!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Totally agree with you.  Not that SD has little traffic, but the LA traffic alone is enough to make me not want to go there!  And so many nice things to see and do in San Diego.  I wish the ship would make a stop there, as it has done on some other cruises.  We were actually talking about adding a week or so before or after our cruise to drive down to San Diego.  Among many things, your zoo and wild animal park (whatever they call it these days) are amazing!  

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, LuAnn said:

There's a Pacific Coastal leaving from SD in May of 22

20 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

I know ORV...we're booked on it!! :)...for my B Day!!! 🙂

I"m looking at it real strong, but simply will not book anything until they are back cruising and things are somewhat returned to normal. 

Edited by ORV