Grandeur - Barbados - Flights & Hotel

14 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

We have never left from an international port or had to fly to a cruise port for that matter. Once we are booked, how do we view the flight and hotel packages that Royal Caribbean has arranged?

You have to book those separately, they are not automatically included.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo807 said:

We have never left from an international port or had to fly to a cruise port for that matter. Once we are booked, how do we view the flight and hotel packages that Royal Caribbean has arranged?

You can check out flights on air2sea website that is offered by rcl.    Most flights wont be available to book till march or so depending on your sail date.

Rcl will offer hotel options but I have never found their pricing to be any good.  Best to book hotel on your own.   I usually look on travel sites offered thru my amex or chase card or various travel websites.

Another option is fly in same day of course since grandeur doesnt depart barbados till 10 pm but I never like chancing it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Travelocity, Expedia, Kayak.  Airline and hotel websites.

In another thread it was mentioned that Royal Caribbean has partnered with airlines and hotels to offer cruise and stay packages.  I'm doubtful that you'd be booking that by contacting hotels and airlines seperately.  Normally to book a package that is in partnership with the cruiseline you'd contact who you booked with (i.e. Royal Caribbean or a travel agent).

See posts #54 and #69:

• Like 1

Sorry for not being more clear in my original question. I'm well aware of how to book airfare and hotels. I'm asking how you would view the flights and hotel accommodations that Royal Caribbean specifically has arranged. Part of my question was answered as AIR2SEA is where I can view airfare. I'm still not clear as to where I can see the hotel part. 

10 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Sorry for not being more clear in my original question. I'm well aware of how to book airfare and hotels. I'm asking how you would view the flights and hotel accommodations that Royal Caribbean specifically has arranged. Part of my question was answered as AIR2SEA is where I can view airfare. I'm still not clear as to where I can see the hotel part. 

You cant see the hotel part.  They may add it to the booking process but for now they haven't.  You need to call and get pricing on the hotel packages and then use a third party site to research the hotels

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

I booked the 14 night cruise leaving February 20, and this is a list of the pre and post cruise hotel options available from Royal Caribbean that my travel agent sent to me. All prices are per person.

1NIGHT PRE ACCRA BEACH HOTEL & SPA
Available
Pre
BGI
1 107.96    
1NIGHT PRE HILTON BARBADOS RESORT
Available
Pre
BGI
1 190.22    
1NIGHT PRE RADISSON AQUATICA RESORT
Available
Pre
BGI
1 135.07    
2N PRE ALL-INCLUSIVE SEA BREEZE BEACH
Available
Pre
BGI
2 553.95    
2N PRE ALL-INCLUSIVE TURTLE BEACH BY ELE
Available
Pre
BGI
2 564.92    
2N PRE SOUTH BEACH HOTELS
Available
Pre
BGI
2 281.12    
3N PRE ALL-INCLUSIVE SEA BREEZE BEACH H
Available
Pre
BGI
3 830.92    
3N PRE ALL-INCLUSIVE TURTLE BEACH BY ELE
Available
Pre
BGI
3 847.39    
3N PRE SOUTH BEACH HOTELS
Available
Pre
BGI
3 421.68    
7N PRE ALL-INCLUSIVE SEA BREEZE BEACH H
Available
Pre
BGI
7 1938.81    
7N PRE ALL-INCLUSIVE TURTLE BEACH BY ELE
Available
Pre
BGI
7 1977.23    
7N PRE SOUTH BEACH HOTELS
Available
Pre
BGI
7 983.92    
1NIGHT POST ACCRA BEACH HOTEL & SPA
Available
1 107.96    
1NIGHT POST HILTON BARBADOS RESORT
Available
1 108.70    
1NIGHT POST RADISSON AQUATICA RESORT
Available
1 135.07    
2N POST ALL-INCLUSIVE SEA BREEZE BEACH H
Available
2 553.95    
2N POST ALL-INCLUSIVE TURTLE BEACH BY EL
Available
2 477.97    
2N POST SOUTH BEACH HOTELS
Available
2 281.12    
3N POST ALL-INCLUSIVE SEA BREEZE BEACH
Available
3 830.92    
3N POST ALL-INCLUSIVE TURTLE BEACH BY EL
Available
3 716.95    
3N POST SOUTH BEACH HOTELS
Available
3 421.68    
7N POST ALL-INCLUSIVE SEA BREEZE BEACH H
Available
7 1938.81    
7N POST ALL-INCLUSIVE TURTLE BEACH BY EL
Available
7 1672.89    
7N POST SOUTH BEACH HOTELS
Available
7 983.92    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Surprised to see they have some direct flights from our home airport (Charlotte  Non stop to Barbados) for about $500, doesn't see to bad.

AA tends to use Charlotte as a secondary Caribbean gateway, behind their Miami hub obviously. Surprisingly large network of CLT to Caribbean flights, even to some more "obscure" destinations like Curacao and Grenada. Most a year-round, though often not daily. 

10 hours ago, bouhunter said:

It's easy enough if the prices would be better.

I totally agree that it's easy and oftne cheaper to just book things on your own; however, that is not what the OP was asking.

They are asking how to book the cruise & stay packages that Royal Caribbean is offering.   To book those the OP has to either contact Royal directly or go through their TA.  

• 1 month later...

Re hotel, we’ve stayed at the Hilton Barbados resort post cruise about 5 years ago, and would recommend, if staying there, booking a sea view room. Great views.  It’s about a 15 minute taxi ride to the port, and a little bit longer to the airport.

3 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Here is Air2Sea info and website link if you don’t want Royal hotel options. You can view flight options directly on website.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/plan-a-cruise/transportation

Looks like Air2Sea hasn't loaded all the flights yet,  especially if one plans to fly in 1-2 days early or stay 1-2 days post-cruise. When searching on the exact cruise dates, flight options are available. But if the dates are "altered" no flight options are available yet. 

Even though the cruise departure is 10PM, I'd feel more comfortable flying in at least 1-2 days prior, especially in Feb when our winter weather could cause flights delays and cancelations.

Looking forward to this great itinerary and spending several says in Barbados.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

It’s flexible and will allow you to add or remove days on either side. My guess is if the cruise is a long ways out, flights may not be available yet. I wouldn’t recommend booking a flight or than 10 months out regardless of where from.

Agree!  Was just looking @ options and pricing for earlier dates. Looks like nonstop flights from my area or great connections from Charlotte or Miami.

Less than a year to go!

On 2/28/2021 at 6:21 PM, long4acruise said:

Looks like Air2Sea hasn't loaded all the flights yet,  especially if one plans to fly in 1-2 days early or stay 1-2 days post-cruise. When searching on the exact cruise dates, flight options are available. But if the dates are "altered" no flight options are available yet. 

Even though the cruise departure is 10PM, I'd feel more comfortable flying in at least 1-2 days prior, especially in Feb when our winter weather could cause flights delays and cancelations.

Looking forward to this great itinerary and spending several says in Barbados.

Not all flights to Barbados are daily. For example United has some flight to Barbados that are Sundays only

I made A2S rezzies yesterday for our Feb 2022 Grandeur sailing.  I was able to book one of their chartered AA flights even though the regularly scheduled flights are not yet out (it’s more than 330 days until the return flight date).  Since the airfare is completely refundable up until final payment, if I find a better schedule or deal in early April (which will put me inside the 330 day window), I can change flights then with no penalty. I would prefer First Class and the charter flight we’re currently booked on does not offer FC so I will check back in early April to see what the regularly scheduled flights offer. I found it to be a painless and completely fair process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I made A2S rezzies yesterday for our Feb 2022 Grandeur sailing.  I was able to book one of their chartered AA flights even though the regularly scheduled flights are not yet out (it’s more than 330 days until the return flight date).  Since the airfare is completely refundable up until final payment, if I find a better schedule or deal in early April (which will put me inside the 330 day window), I can change flights then with no penalty. I would prefer First Class and the charter flight we’re currently booked on does not offer FC so I will check back in early April to see what the regularly scheduled flights offer. I found it to be a painless and completely fair process.

I will have to check out a2s for our b2b in feb.  I like their flexibility and not having to pay upfront to reserve is great too.  Although we do prefer to fly FC too.  I'm looking to find a nonstop flight to bgi out of phl or ewr, if needed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Did you book air2sea on line, I am getting an error for 2/20/22 charter flight?  Maybe I need to call

2 hours ago, w770496 said:

Did you book air2sea on line, I am getting an error for 2/20/22 charter flight?  Maybe I need to call

i think they did one way.  Im on the same cruise.  

Edited by jean87510

3 hours ago, w770496 said:

I called.  I have never had any luck with the online booking process for A2S.  

844-278-9745

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I called.  I have never had any luck with the online booking process for A2S.  

844-278-9745

I have done online several times with success but it isn't working for me either today.    

It's not showing anything with AA - not showing anything out of PHL yet - only EWR with United for a Sunday flight or Jet blue out of JFK.    I guess I will wait and see what other flights pop up in coming weeks.