Goodwill OBC from redeployed ships

Ombud

If you were on a Sky or Enchanted TA and had your booking canceled as ship was redeployed to cover Crown voyages or ship was not available yet and the replacement cruise was then canceled by PCL as part of a Pause, did you get to keep your Goodwill OBC? I'm asking bc the dates on mine have expired and I'm interested in whether or not I can transfer them to my current replacement TA (I'm stubborn & think that I'll eventually be on a TA)

If you are referring to the $15 pp, I was given this on a Sky sailing that I booked to replace a cancelled Crown voyage.

Then I changed to a different and more expensive sailing when additional itineraries were announced and my credit disappeared.

Nuts. I had 700. I can find 615 & have 600 on a TA that was canceled in the November Pause. Just got my deposit back & booked replacement TA ---- not looking forward to losing it 🙄

Just checked mine again and it evaporated so I'm asking kbaldwin@princesscruises.com 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Nuts. I had 700. I can find 615 & have 600 on a TA that was canceled in the November Pause. Just got my deposit back & booked replacement TA ---- not looking forward to losing it 🙄

Just checked mine again and it evaporated so I'm asking kbaldwin@princesscruises.com 

A fascinating and timely question. I’m certain I’m not the only one who has the same question. 

It would be much appreciated if you would report back on your findings. Good or bad. 

Thanks!!

• Like 1

A few years ago, Princess released a cabin, I took it, then they called to say it should not have been released and wanted that cabin back they gave me a $15  OBC as a goodwill. I later switched cruises, the OBC disappeared.  I questioned Princess, I was told the OBC was attached that one cruise and would not be transferred over.

Normally promotional or goodwill OBC is lost if you cancel a cruise. If Princess cancels it, they may - or may not - handle it differently.

I had OBC for a cancelled 14-day cruise from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale in October 2021. I rebooked on the same cruise in October 2022. By calling Princess, I was able to get the OBC added to the new cruise.

This was not automatic. It was done as a special consideration - and possibly partly because I had rebooked exactly the same cruise the next year. In order to get the OBC, you would probably have to spend time on hold, escalate the call, and spend more time on hold. I personally don't think it would be worth the time for a $15 credit. In my case, it was $400 promotional OBC, so it was worth the time.

As an interesting side note, the OBC shows up on my Passenger Summary with the description blank - only the amount is listed.

• Like 1

Some success. Not as good as it was but something. I've got $300 book by 10/1/22. It will be applied to my 9/2/22 TA but not until I know that one's going. I've had 3 ships switched out on me. Also asking Princess why it decreased but I think I know. I had dbl credit as I was a solo so now it's just single credit. I'm good 👍 20210121_154348.thumb.jpg.96a024b3011ba692a6510e62097f9ba7.jpg

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

@BgwestMary (PVP) worked her magic and I've got 850 of the 950 OBC restored. 🤑

Nice! 
You indicated that the OBC you lost and subsequently (mostly) recovered was/is “Goodwill” OBC. 
This was presumably provided to you to make up for a problem of some kind you encountered for which Princess was willing to take responsibility. Is this correct?

What I’m trying to determine is that your situation was different from other types of OBC that Princess provides, e.g., Promotional, Shareholder, FCDs, Landmark Sale, etc. 

Yes. I had 3 canceled TAs:

1. Enchanted rerouted = 15 OBC

2. Enchanted delayed = 200 OBC

3. Sky redeployed to cover Crown route = 400 OBC

1 canceled Majestic Hong Kong to Sydney cruise = 100 OBC which is sitting on a California Coastal

These are all cancelations to cover other more profitable routes or ship delays and are nonrefundable OBC. I have now stuck them on my furthest out cruises (4/22 & 9/22) and are in addition to Shareholders, FCD, and loyalty won't show up until onboard. 

I am in this situation and just got off the phone with Princess, first with the PVP and then directly with a Princess Customer Rep. My Transatlantic on the April 2021 Sky to Copenhagen was cancelled due to redeployment to cover Crown Princess. My wife and I were offered $200 ea in a goodwill onboard credit if we rebooked another transatlantic or European cruise. I immediately rebooked on the Sky for her new itinerary from Ft Lauderdale to Southampton leaving just a day earlier. Subsequently, that cruise was cancelled and as soon as the 2022 Transatlantic's were available I rebooked for April 2022 on the Enchanted (Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen). After being told in two previous calls that they would move that onboard credit to my new booking, nothing had happened so I called again today. Basically I was told that they will not move that credit to my April 2022 cruise. It must be on a Transatlantic or Europe 2021 cruise, which I told the rep was impossible for the Transatlantic and very unlikely that any Europe cruises will happen. She said they actually had a call about this very topic at 8:00 am (PST) this morning and decided to not change that rule. No amount of rationale or talk of Princess loyalty (Platinum, cruising since 2002 with Princess) would matter. I even asked if I could apply the credits to a Caribbean cruise we have in December of 2021, but she said it had to be Europe. As a side note, the very apologetic PVP suggested that I call back in about a month to see if they had changed their policy. As others have noted, I wouldn't really care if it was only $15 - $25, but $400 is worthwhile. 

40 minutes ago, Upper Bob said:

I am in this situation and just got off the phone with Princess, first with the PVP and then directly with a Princess Customer Rep. My Transatlantic on the April 2021 Sky to Copenhagen was cancelled due to redeployment to cover Crown Princess. 

Wow. Thanks for the warning from someone who was also on that booking. Saving the email & moved Goodwill OBC to my 9/2/22 TA after PVP MaryR got it re-dated. Wish I could send Mary R (PVP) more than a huge THANK YOU 1000%!! 

FWIW the only one in Customer Service I deal with when I have a strange credit is kbaldwin@princesscruises.com. 1-800 customer service reps can't get this done.  But I didn't need to elevate it this time20210122_135814.thumb.jpg.0e35ad0977eaf9813d32f77a6758caaf.jpg

Edited by Ombud
Added verification screenshot