Cruises officially cancelled through April

MechE31

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. NCLH, -3.94% said Tuesday that it was extending its global cruise suspension through April 30. The suspension now includes all cruises on its Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises. The stock, which is up 1.3% in premarket trading, has rallied 54.3% over the past three months through Friday while the S&P 500 SPX, -0.72% has gained 10.0%. The cruise operator had previously suspended all cruises through Feb. 28, and select cruises through March 31. Norwegian's suspension now matches that of Royal Caribbean Group RCL, -3.85%announced last week, while Carnival Corp. CCL, -0.62% said earlier in January that it would pause sailings of Princess Cruises through May 14. Although the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) isn't suspending cruises, it currently recommends "all people avoid travel on cruise ships," because the risk of COVID-19 on cruise ships is "very high."

1 hour ago, *Luv2Cruz* said:

Sadly; I think it's gonna be a bit longer until we cruise.😉🤞

It is sad.   Sorry for those of you who still had hopes for April😕

When they first cancelled for March, it was interesting that they cancelled all but three ships....but then later had to cancel those three.   I thought then we had a glimpse of a partial start-up,

2 minutes ago, LCfromFL said:

Does anyone know how long the FCCs will be issued for? I'm thinking 6 months - one of my friends had her March 2021 cruise cancelled in December and she has until June to rebook. 

Regent no longer giving FCC; isn't NCL the same?

2 minutes ago, LCfromFL said:

Does anyone know how long the FCCs will be issued for? I'm thinking 6 months - one of my friends had her March 2021 cruise cancelled in December and she has until June to rebook. 

Just got the official e-mail.  Good for booking by 1/20/2022 for sailing by 12/31/2022.

The other incentives seem like exactly what they're offering now to everyone...but extended until 2/11/2021

Just now, mrlevin said:

Regent no longer giving FCC; isn't NCL the same?

NCL is giving FCC if the cancelled cruise was paid using a FCC (ours was - we booked the TransAtlantic after our 2020 Alaskan cruise was cancelled). From the NCL website:

"...Guests who had an active reservation on a suspended cruise in April 2021 will automatically receive a refund of their cruise fare in the original form of payment for the amount paid by February 22, 2021. Additionally, a 10% off coupon will be automatically added to the guest's account by January 20 which is valid for one year from date of issue, and can be used for any Norwegian Cruise Line voyage embarking through 2022 and is combinable with any Future Cruise Credits and all future promotions at time of booking.

For affected reservations paid via a previously issued Future Cruise Credit, the full value of the FCC used will be re-applied to the guest’s Latitudes account within 7 days. This is done automatically, and no further action is required on the guest or travel advisor’s part..."

17 minutes ago, LCfromFL said:

It is not the FCC, but a 10% discount coupon for your next reservation.

Book by: Jan 2022 (one year from today)

Sail by: Dec 2022

For the case of your friend, I believe it was an FCC from the even earlier booking.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland

4 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

It is not the FCC, but a 10% discount coupon for your next reservation.

Book by: Jan 2022 (one year from today)

Sail by: Dec 2022

For the case of your friend, I believe it was an FCC from the even earlier booking.

Right...thanks for correcting me!  The letter sounds like you can use an earlier FCC and a 10% on top of that.

In any event, I booked with cruise next certs...and get the 10%....so assuming the ships ever sail again, I'm a little ahead.

11 minutes ago, MechE31 said:

I really wish that NCL would do lift and shift like Royal. Right now, 2022 is 60% more expensive than I paid for 2021. Even with the 10%, I'd be spending 50% more than I was going to spend for 2021.

Yeah - that's the problem I keep having. Everything is just waaaaaaay higher. The 30% off plus 5 'free' sounds great - but the price is not. 😞 

12 minutes ago, MechE31 said:

I really wish that NCL would do lift and shift like Royal. Right now, 2022 is 60% more expensive than I paid for 2021. Even with the 10%, I'd be spending 50% more than I was going to spend for 2021.

this is going to be the new normal for the future. everything will be more expensive due to all of the money the cruise lines is losing not sailing for over 1 year and longer

13 minutes ago, LCfromFL said:

Yeah - that's the problem I keep having. Everything is just waaaaaaay higher. The 30% off plus 5 'free' sounds great - but the price is not. 😞 

I know.   If I can use the "people sail free" promo, we plan on booking with my adult son, so it won't be as high for us. 

2 hours ago, MechE31 said:

Discounts are additive, so if you take advantage of the current 30% promo plus the 30% discount for booking by 1/11, total discount is about 51%.  Doesn't bring prices back to the great deals I had on my 2020 cancelled cruises but it is something.  So I will probably use my CN certificates, so no additional cash anyway.

3 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Discounts are additive, so if you take advantage of the current 30% promo plus the 30% discount for booking by 1/11, total discount is about 51%.  Doesn't bring prices back to the great deals I had on my 2020 cancelled cruises but it is something.  So I will probably use my CN certificates, so no additional cash anyway.

Is the 30% in addition to the current 30% off on their website? I assumed it was talking about the same thing (only one 30% discount)? If we could get 30% off on top of the 30% off plus the 10% I'd be a happy girl. 

12 minutes ago, LCfromFL said:

Is the 30% in addition to the current 30% off on their website? I assumed it was talking about the same thing (only one 30% discount)? If we could get 30% off on top of the 30% off plus the 10% I'd be a happy girl. 

Should be on top - but in re-reading the announcement, it appears that they have carefully worded the announcement so it's possible that they aren't giving a 30% certificate and are just doing their normal slight-of-hand and saying the 30% "sale" goes until 2/11.  I'm putting some cruises on hold to preserve today's prices, so I'll see what shows in my account tomorrow.

I have a chat window opened on NCL's site to ask about the stacking of the 30% offers. I suspect I will learn that there is only one 30% offer and it's on their higher base fares.  I'll let you know what I learn.

• Like 1

When our January cruise was cancelled, we got the same letter as we did today for our April cruise where they offer a 30% discount in addition to the 10%.  For January, that 30% was the same 30% that was being offered to anyone and I am sure it is the same now.  The 10% coupon went into our accounts.  When I try to book while logged in, the 10% does no apply.  I called NCL to ask and was told that the TA or NCL agent has to apply the 10% when booking - it does not happen automatically.  Also, the 10% comes off after the 30%.  It is not a total of 40% off.