World Class bar menus

FlyingAnchor

Greetings all, 

We're now booked on Reflection and this will be our first time on an X ship featuring World Class bar. Does anyone happen to have a drink menu (or menus if they rotate throughout the sailing) for World Class Bar? I tried searching the forum but had a hard time finding something relevant. Apologies if this has been asked many other times! 

49 minutes ago, cbfb said:

The drinks are so good!!! 

We're looking forward to trying them! We've only ever sailed Millennium class on Celebrity (over, and over, and over) and one cruise on Edge, so this is our first time experiencing World Cafe Bar! 

A couple of things to keep in mind. The menu is the menu. I’m not sure if WCB is contracted like the spa and retail, or licensed. Everything you see on the menu is based on a product from Diageo, the owner of Johnnie Walker, Ketel One, Tanqueray, Zacapa, and Lagavulin. The WBC also typically featured a good single malt selection, including Oban, which isn’t a Diageo brand. 

if you like traditional brown liquor drinks (and even if you think you don’t, try it!), the Zacapa Old Fashion is the best cruise ship drink I’ve ever had. The In the Clouds is interesting, but depends on a ship safe smoker that seemed to not work about as often as it worked. 

if one of you just wants a glass of wine, be prepared to go get it yourself, although if you become a regular, they may send a runner to get one for you. 

It’s always fun the first cpl nights seeing people come up and ask for a beer or gin n tonic then see them being told no and watch there reactions.  On my last cruise in a matter of an hour had around 30 plus people told to go to the martini bar etc. A few got really upset overall. It’s pretty amusing to me to watch.  

9 hours ago, markeb said:

A couple of things to keep in mind. The menu is the menu. I’m not sure if WCB is contracted like the spa and retail, or licensed. Everything you see on the menu is based on a product from Diageo, the owner of Johnnie Walker, Ketel One, Tanqueray, Zacapa, and Lagavulin. The WBC also typically featured a good single malt selection, including Oban, which isn’t a Diageo brand. 

if you like traditional brown liquor drinks (and even if you think you don’t, try it!), the Zacapa Old Fashion is the best cruise ship drink I’ve ever had. The In the Clouds is interesting, but depends on a ship safe smoker that seemed to not work about as often as it worked. 

if one of you just wants a glass of wine, be prepared to go get it yourself, although if you become a regular, they may send a runner to get one for you. 

We need to meet on a cruise at the World Class Bar.  Your selection of the Ron Zacapa Old Fashioned is an excellent choice.  I am addicted to them!

https://www.diageobaracademy.com/en_zz/recipes/detail/zacapa-old-fashioned/

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, markeb said:

Actually Oban is owned by Diageo. Also Caol Ila which is one of my favorites. They had it as well the last time I was at the WCB.

1 minute ago, JL87 said:

Actually Oban is owned by Diageo. Also Caol Ila which is one of my favorites. They had it as well the last time I was at the WCB.

interesting. I didn’t see either of those on Diageo’s brand list. 

Love Caol Ila!

9 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We need to meet on a cruise at the World Class Bar.  Your selection of the Ron Zacapa Old Fashioned is an excellent choice.  I am addicted to them!

https://www.diageobaracademy.com/en_zz/recipes/detail/zacapa-old-fashioned/

Need to make one. The WBC version doesn’t have the syrup, or at least it’s not mentioned on the menu. And yes, I have the bitters!

Definitely on the meet! Especially after 6 months on another thread!

14 hours ago, markeb said:

Need to make one. The WBC version doesn’t have the syrup, or at least it’s not mentioned on the menu. And yes, I have the bitters!

Definitely on the meet! Especially after 6 months on another thread!

I got a bottle of Ron Zacapa 23 Centenario as a Xmas gift.  I plan to make Old Fashioned's this Sunday watching the NFL championship games.  Last year I watched them on Eclipse on my last pre-pandemic cruise.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know the most current pricing of these cocktails?  We will have the premium package and don’t mind paying extra/the difference but I haven’t seen a menu with pricing that isn’t old.  Thank you.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:18 PM, markeb said:

if you like traditional brown liquor drinks (and even if you think you don’t, try it!),

The In the Clouds is interesting, but depends on a ship safe smoker that seemed to not work about as often as it worked. 

Is that Zacapa Old Fashioned sweet at all?

5 minutes ago, dgoz said:

Is that Zacapa Old Fashioned sweet at all?

Not to me is wasn't. 

To me sweet would be a Sloe Comfortable Southern Screw  type of drink. 

Edited by DaKahuna

Sometimes if the bartenders know you well enough, they will make something special.

Our first X cruise was back when the bar was the Molecular Bar and I really liked the ginger mojito.  I have asked a few of the WCB bartenders try to reproduce that drink for me, and even though it isn't exactly what I remembered, they made a drink that came close.

We have also found the friendliest bartenders at the WCB.   On one cruise I was ignored at the Sunset Bar during lunch time - 5 bartenders all turned their backs to me when they finished with everyone else at the bar.  Later that day I sat at a table in the WCB waiting for DH, and while daydreaming our drinks were delivered, before I had even ordered, moments before DH arrived.

WCB bar prices all fall in the premium package and up.  However, we have never been charged extra for anything, including drinks that are in the $22-$23 range.  If you were to order one of the very pricey Johnny Walker’s I would assume they would charge you extra since they fall in the $40 - $100 a shot range!

We went every night on our Reflection B2B and they made several delightful variations of drinks from the menu to suit our taste.

1 hour ago, lucinjo said:

WCB bar prices all fall in the premium package and up.  However, we have never been charged extra for anything, including drinks that are in the $22-$23 range.  If you were to order one of the very pricey Johnny Walker’s I would assume they would charge you extra since they fall in the $40 - $100 a shot range!

We went every night on our Reflection B2B and they made several delightful variations of drinks from the menu to suit our taste.

Last December on Reflection I was charged the difference above the DBP for a double Zacapa XO on ice that I ordered, which I think was around $2.00.  

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Not to me is wasn't. 

To me sweet would be a Sloe Comfortable Southern Screw  type of drink. 

I like things to be a little sweet so this probably would not be the drink for me.

14 minutes ago, dgoz said:

I like things to be a little sweet so this probably would not be the drink for me.

How sweet are you looking for? A traditional old fashioned is bourbon or rye whiskey, sugar, and a couple of dashes of bitters. This one is an aged dark rum that has a certain caramel sweetness, either a sugar cube or simple sugar, and two different bitters. It’s definitely “sweeter”, but not to the degree of say a pina colado. . I’d give it a try and see. 

• Like 1