The Daily for Wednesday Jan 20, 2021

richwmn

23 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Mine do not let Bindi and I get that close.  But she is very calm around them. Yours are a bit plumper than mine. What are you feeding them?🙃

My dogs are quite clear they don’t want the deer and until we get close, they don’t move.

They used to years ago, but the children of the parents have learned the dogs are leashed.  They’ve also learned the invisible fencing line 😡 

I don’t feed these dam things anything.  They pig out on flowers, shrubs, etc.  In other words they eat dessert before dinner.  

My neighbour hates me (no she doesn’t) as I chase them off my property.  In the meantime she relishes in them on hers.  I told her they are all hers.  Keep them there.  Both dogs get the tick meds every month but just the same Lyme disease is nothing they nor we want.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Quattro.  @dfish.  Also a pretty good day for me.  I got an email this evening "Vaccine Request Approval" and am now scheduled for Monday morning.  Not my choice of places as it's in the next county and about a half hour drive but quite do-able.  3 busy mornings coming up, Eye doctor tomorrow, dry run to the vax place Friday, and the vax itself Monday.  If I'm late to post be patient with me.

Roy

We’ll happily wait Roy.  No worries at all.  So glad to hear that you are getting the vaccine ❤️ 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Quattro.  @dfish.  Also a pretty good day for me.  I got an email this evening "Vaccine Request Approval" and am now scheduled for Monday morning.  Not my choice of places as it's in the next county and about a half hour drive but quite do-able.  3 busy mornings coming up, Eye doctor tomorrow, dry run to the vax place Friday, and the vax itself Monday.  If I'm late to post be patient with me.

Roy

You better get yourself on the Celebration list - stat! Great news!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Inauguration Day is coming to a close here on the east coast.  It has been a great day and we are thankful it has been a peaceful one.  Let us come together and work for a

better country one day at a time.  The sooner we can overcome covid, the sooner we 

can get everyone back to work and the sooner we can resume our desire to travel by ship.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I’ve been there (as has @Copper10-8 , we discussed it when it was corned beef hash day because they have the best I’ve ever had) and have to admit I’m one of the women who have visited the men’s room.  It’s a special place for my DH and I because our first of many visits was on our honeymoon in 1974. 

Yep, I proposed inside the "Fox and Hound" room of the Madonna Inn to the child bride and, luckily for me, she said yeah. I really wanted the "Caveman" room because it has a rock shower but it's always reserved months, if not a year, in advance. Our honeymoon was on Kauai and Maui however but we love Calif central coast 

Room 107: Fox & Hound | Unique hotel rooms, Madonna inn rooms, Room

John & Maria 1987 Madonna Inn.jpg

San Luis Obispo, CA Madonna Inn #2.jpg

San Luis Obispo, CA Madonna Inn.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 15

The penguin pics are marvelous.  Glad to see a couple of rock hoppers as they are the only ones outside of a zoo that I've gotten to see in person.

Another rainless day is Oregon although they are saying more tomorrow night.  My frosty walk this am was about 29F, just encouraged me to walk faster. 

We got our Roku devices today so I am working on figuring out the whole streaming thing.  By this time next week, I think I may have the basics down.  Will spend a bit of time in the darkness of the day tomorrow morning to figure out how to arrange for my ease of viewing.  Then work out a training plan for DH.  We can get all our favorite shows and save some bucks off our crappy cable even with extra subscription channels. 

Prayers to all.  Be safe everyone.  Good wishes to all who have gotten vaccine or appointment for it!

• Like 9