The Daily for Wednesday Jan 20, 2021

richwmn

today is National Buttercrunch Day, National Cheese Lover Day, and Penguin Awareness Day

That secret you've been guarding, isn't.

Television has proved that people will look at anything rather than each other.
        -- Ann Landers

Meal suggestion for today - Balsamic-Seasoned Steak

Drink of the Day - Hot Cocoa Pudding Shots

Wine of the day - Millton 2017 Te Arai Vineyard Chenin Blanc (Gisborne) New Zealand

at Sea Pacific off San Diego
Koningsdam
Nieuw Amsterdam
Westerdam
Zuiderdam

Los Angeles
Noordam

Freeport Bahamas
Nieuw Statendam

Torquay
Eurodam
Oosterdam
Volendam
Zaandam

0120Tor.png

0120USA.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the Inauguration Day Daily Rich.  I'll pass on the Buttercrunch, Ham and Cheese is my primary lunch selection, and we have a lot of penguin lovers here.  I love both the quotes.  Today's menu selection is pretty close to my alternative, Classic Caesar Salad, Broiled New York Striploin and Cherry Streusel Tart, as served on MS Prinsendam January 20, 2019.

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/dishes20.jpg

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

NextOne DH with Renal Cancer

Our Nation

JazzyV’s eye

Mamaofami's Friends

HAL (and other crews)

Kazu’s BIL’s mom

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers and school workers, especially StLouisCruiser’s DD

Front Line Health Care Workers

8-year old Baltimore philanthropist Cavanaugh Bell

National Guard

A great vaccination clinic with Gator65's help

Snow for durabnoscots

Jab appointments for Cruising-along

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Rafinmd, I have always been curious about the menus you post, all from Prinsendam, some going way way back. How do you do it? Did you keep a log while onboard? I wish I had kept a log of not only my meals, but all of my travels. I know curiosity killed the cat, but I'm dying to know, if you would be so kind as to indulge me. Maybe others are curious also, but too polite to ask. 

Edited by BobbiSox
typo
  • Like 13

Good morning.  Thank you for the Daily Report.

I love  buttercrunch.  I love cheese.  I love penguins.  What a great collection of days for me.

Great quotes too.

Steak sounds good for dinner tonight.

The drink sounds delicious.  Looking forward to reading about the wine.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.  I'll be watching some of the Inauguration, good luck to the incoming administration.

Stay safe.

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, BobbiSox said:

Rafinmd, I have always been curious about the menus you post, all from Prinsendam, some going way way back. How do you do it? Did you keep a log while onboard? I wish I had kept a log of not only my meals, but all of my travels. I know curiosity killed the cat, but I'm dying to know, if you would be so kind as to indulge me. Maybe others are curious also, but too polite to ask. 

Thank you.  This will be an extremely busy day but I'll answer in the next day or two.

Roy

• Like 5

Good morning.  Thank you Rich and Roy.  Interesting group of days, and the quote....hmmm.

The meal sounds good as does Roy's, both steaks.

Prayers for our care list.  Celebration for the list.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Hot Cocoa Pudding Shot:

Yields: 12

Ingredients

1 (3.9-oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (.73-oz) packet hot cocoa mix
2/3 c. whole milk
2/3 c. Baileys Irish Cream
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Whipped cream, for serving
Cocoa powder, for serving
Marshmallow bits, for serving
Directions

In a large bowl, combine chocolate pudding and cocoa mix with milk. Whisk until fully incorporated. Add Baileys and vanilla and whisk again. Pour into cups and refrigerate until thickened, 2 hours.
Top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cocoa powder, and marshmallow bits. Serve.

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 7.13.47 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
I can't get the space out of my post. Sorry I don't' know what went wrong.
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 😄 

Happy Inauguration Day to all of our CC friends in the United States.

Love penguins and all the pics everyone is sharing.  Takes me down memory lane when we were up close and personal with them.

Both the quotes are great.  

I’ll pass on the meal suggestion as we just had steak last night.  Sadly, our zone has moved to Code Red 😢 thanks to a few that don’t follow the guidelines (it doesn’t take many cases for our province to do that especially if there is difficulty contact tracing).  So, as a pick me up and to celebrate cheese day, I think we’ll have lobster Mac and Cheese tonight.  I’ll be using Disney’s recipe.  If anyone wants it, let me know and I’m happy to share.

And since we’re having lobster tonight:

B5FC393A-26D0-4D59-A725-703E8D81603F.thumb.jpeg.3131a9ddaee8f7d42f7a25f6d3122084.jpeg

For those of you who got snow dumped on them yesterday, I hope it wasn’t two feet worth:

DB6E3A12-D4B4-4A9A-8C22-9F1F88A47C42.jpeg.e3a8f14b7e55c68222180e0c6d4dfc44.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & those that need them and a toast for those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 and remember:

C549C3B1-2AE4-48E1-8707-EF74524F47AB.thumb.png.7a7588a2295a28482b5725aca66b44af.png

• Like 29
  • Haha 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! What a great combo of days. I am celebrating Inauguration Day today. I will include cheese, but probably not butter crunch. I wish I had penguins that I could be aware of & invite to my celebration. 

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! We have a New Zealand white wine. I look forward to @erewhon’s thoughts on this one. Love the quotes. Pass on the meal. The drink sounds much more like a dessert, but it has CHOCOLATE in it.😎 Today is another sunny day here. Not much planned, since I am having my water filtration system “tuned-up” along with the annual filter replacement.  Shrimp burgers are on the menu for me tonight. Later this afternoon I will be gathering outside with some neighbors in the cul de sac at the end of my street to toast the USA and the hope for peace & healing.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all we are celebrating. 
Stay well everyone!

You might have to hunt for this well-rated New Zealand Chenin Blanc, but I found some online distributors with prices starting at $22.49. Here’s what I found on Wine Enthusiast’s site...
“Gorgeously textured, swinging between unctuousness and freshness, this is a soulful wine from New Zealand's godfather of biodynamics, James Millton. Millton's reputation for Chenin Blanc is equally mighty, and this honey-hued beauty lives up to it in every way. Highly aromatic, like a flower garden, it offers heady scents of jasmine, hyacinth and lavender combining with raw honeycomb, guava and pineapple rind.”

• Like 20

Good Morning Everyone! It is a nice day here at the beach.  Love Penguins! It is quite the treat to see all the pictures!

Another rocket launch this morning. Beautiful. As I watched it disappear into the sky, I wondered .  How they can build these rockets yet they cannot seem to be able to arrange a successful vaccine distribution? We have some very smart people in this world, wish they would talk to each other.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning Everyone! It is a nice day here at the beach.  Love Penguins! It is quite the treat to see all the pictures!

Another rocket launch this morning. Beautiful. As I watched it disappear into the sky, I wondered .  How they can build these rockets yet they cannot seem to be able to arrange a successful vaccine distribution? We have some very smart people in this world, wish they would talk to each other.

Forgive me for this, but the launches are generally private endeavors while the vaccine distribution is wrapped up in government incompetence. The sooner the vaccine is put into the hands of private distribution the better, IMO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  A little late to the party today, as we've been watching TV from the moment we opened our eyes.  It's an important day for America, and we wish every one of you the very best.

DH loves buttercrunch - especially on popcorn, we both like cheese, and seriously, who doesn't like penguins?  A good assortment of things to celebrate today.   While I like the menu suggestion for today, I really can't cook a nice steak, and neither can DH, so we leave our steak appetites for evenings in the Pinnacle.  It's a snowy, blowy day on the "frozen tundra", so I'll be going out to the "ice cave" to see what leftovers we have; I pretty sure there's still some of that cheese pasta bake I made that will be nice comfort food for us tonight.  And wine.

Yesterday we received an email from HAL offering a free ocean view cabin for an Alaskan cruise to experience the glaciers, etc.  DH looked at it and said "Ger, look at our back yard - I've just saved us the port taxes and air fare to get that free cruise."   He's not wrong.  LOL  

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for a safe and happy Inauguration Day today.  Raising our wine glasses to cheer all on the celebration list.  Be well, stay safe, wash your hands and wear your mask.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 22
  • Haha 2

A few days ago I posted a sunrise from Grandeur of the Seas arriving in Port Canaveral.  Today's is from the same location, a year earlier, and from Queen Victoria approachng her final port of call on my segment.  From Port Canaveral it was onto Port Everglades and onward to Antarctica.

dawn0120.jpg

Roy

• Like 22

Good morning Dailyites.

Mmmm, love buttercrunch, cheese and Penguins (hence my profile pic)!

Great quotes.

I love steak, but having ribs tonight.

@rafinmd Thanks for adding me to the care list. I'm doing better today. I've been battling this condition for 3 years, and haven't found meds to control it. I was very optimistic about Humira and Methotrexate (my latest ones), but that combo didn't work that well and I had some severe side effects.

PA has finally adopted adding 65 and older to the 1A vaccination group, but my county has a very high medical worker population with several big medical centers, and says they don't have enough vaccine to even finish those folks. So I wait.

Prayers to those in need and cheers to those celebrating.

Stay safe, social distance and wear your mask!

• Like 15

Thank you Rich and Roy for the daily. I love everything about the days today. Just think how long ago the Ann Landers quote was made! And tv has grown exponentially since then! 

We had steak last night, so it will have to be something other than that today I'm salivating at the drink of the day, though. If I had some Irish Cream, I'd make those for sure.

Four years ago my 2 sisters and our hubbies were driving south for a Norwegian cruise the following day. We were coming into Florida and stopped at a rest station just as the swearing in was going on. We'll be watching today as well, with hope for the future of the United States.

Today, we are sending the family piano on its way in preparation for our move. It took a long hard search by all our family and friends, but finally, someone who will love her came forward. She's been in my husband's family for 80 years, so I felt relief when someone (friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of my sister) stepped forward with joy to keep her. Too often these beautiful furniture pieces end up as firewood. 😢

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask! 😷

• Like 19