Quantum Alaska Sailings Cancelled

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Interesting.  We are booked on an august 30 & September 6 2021 B2B on Quantum and have not heard anything about a cancellations.

I’ll call my TA and see what she’s heard.

Those dates have definitely been cancelled.  Deadlines for lift and shift are coming up soon. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Those dates have definitely been cancelled.  Deadlines for lift and shift are coming up soon. 

Still nothing from Royal Caribbean.  Have contacted my TA and told her if this is the case, see if she could get me BTB on Ovation of the Seas for the same general time frame.   

I am hopeful we can get the same arrangement on a B2B on Ovation that we had on Quantum - same stateroom for both sailings.  Guess I'll find out soon enough.

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Still nothing from Royal Caribbean.  Have contacted my TA and told her if this is the case, see if she could get me BTB on Ovation of the Seas for the same general time frame.   

I am hopeful we can get the same arrangement on a B2B on Ovation that we had on Quantum - same stateroom for both sailings.  Guess I'll find out soon enough.

You may not get anything. It may all go to your TA.  Going to ovation is not sn option. Quantum only. Sailings must be within 1 week of original date. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What I stated was what people on Quantum were offered.  Ovation was not sn option for anyone. 

Intersting - I must have missed that.  Then again, Royal Caribbean has not notified me yet.  My sailing is after all the ones I have seen commented on so far but I am sure my TA will get to the bottom of it.  She's proven to be very resourceful. 

Just now, DaKahuna said:

Intersting - I must have missed that.  Then again, Royal Caribbean has not notified me yet.  My sailing is after all the ones I have seen commented on so far but I am sure my TA will get to the bottom of it.  She's proven to be very resourceful. 

I'm also a TA.  All the options for all the Alaska cruises were the same for all sail dates  cancelled. 

Transfer to Quantum only and within one week. It is a lift and shift with restrictions. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm also a TA.  All the options for all the Alaska cruises were the same for all sail dates  cancelled. 

Transfer to Quantum only and within one week. It is a lift and shift with restrictions. 

Thank you.  Was not aware you were a TA. 

So Alaska is out for this year .. I guess I am going to do the same with this that I did with my Celebrity B@B -- take the money and run.  I went from seven bookings down to two -- two BTB's and a 14-day Japan cruise cancelled for 2021.  Guess I'll wait and see what happens with our Symphony of the Seas December and Celebrity Silhouette March 2022 sailings. 

Until then, I think I'll hold off on booking any other cruises.  Price increases and the uncertainty are making cruising a lot less appealing these days. 

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

So Alaska is out for this year .. I guess I am going to do the same with this that I did with my Celebrity B@B -- take the money and run.  I went from seven bookings down to two -- two BTB's and a 14-day Japan cruise cancelled for 2021.  Guess I'll wait and see what happens with our Symphony of the Seas December and Celebrity Silhouette March 2022 sailings. 

Until then, I think I'll hold off on booking any other cruises.  Price increases and the uncertainty are making cruising a lot less appealing these days. 

Only Quantum so far.

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

If you have a good rate for your Quantum 2021 sailing that is cancelled, lift and shift to 2022.  The Alaska rates for 2022 are more than double what we paid for 2021, so we were really happy to be able to move our booking to 2022 price protected.  

• Like 1

We got our letter yesterday.  No option to lift and shift to TP on Quantum of the Seas in 2022 as it is not listed.  Decided to get FCC and use it on Ovation of the Seas from Sydney to Honolulu in April 2022 although this cruise was more expensive.  Hopefully it will go ahead but who knows anymore.

We still have not received our letter but my TA has confirmed that Quantum will not be doing Alaska sailings for 2021.  She also noted she did not receive any letter from RCL regarding the cancellation either. 

We have asked her to do a lift and shift for the same arrangements for 2022.   Waiting to see what happens. 

6 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We still have not received our letter but my TA has confirmed that Quantum will not be doing Alaska sailings for 2021.  She also noted she did not receive any letter from RCL regarding the cancellation either. 

We have asked her to do a lift and shift for the same arrangements for 2022.   Waiting to see what happens. 

I doubt there will be any cruises in Alaska this year. Well, at least not this Spring. Maybe in Autumn when things cool down but even then we have no guarantees that things might change even a bit. In any case we need to keep hoping for the better 

20 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I doubt there will be any cruises in Alaska this year. Well, at least not this Spring. Maybe in Autumn when things cool down but even then we have no guarantees that things might change even a bit. In any case we need to keep hoping for the better 

I agree. 

We were scheduled for end of August/first of September.  

25 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Quantum is staying in the Asia-Pacific region, so Alaska 2021 is cancelled for that ship.  

As far as the other ships scheduled to sail Alaska 2021, it is doubtful they will sail as Canada needs to open their borders and allow cruise ships into their ports.

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Make sure to do this quickly.  The option to lift and shift ends Feb 4, 2021

Now that Qantum of the Seas is staying in Singapore and not going to Alaska does anyone think Royal Caribbean will add a Singapore to Brisbane sailing in October 2021?

Quantum of the Seas is scheduled to start its Australian season from Brisbane on 30 October 2021.

The ship will have to transfer from Sinapore to Brisbane in mid to late October 2021.  We are hoping they take paying passengers as it would be an option for us if they did offer it.  Any thoughts?

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Worry about Australia allowing any cruises at that time before worrying about any repo sailing.

True, but you have to stay positive and hope that if Australia has COVID under control and the majority of the population is vaccinated by then the Australian Government will allow cruising to resume.

10 minutes ago, MikeC1610 said:

True, but you have to stay positive and hope that if Australia has COVID under control and the majority of the population is vaccinated by then the Australian Government will allow cruising to resume.

Not sure one can assume that either/both of those things is the only thing keeping cruises from resuming.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Worry about Australia allowing any cruises at that time before worrying about any repo sailing.

Or if not Australian worry about them opening the boarders.  Some of the articles I’ve seen have indicated New Zealand and Australia will remain closed for the entire year. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure one can assume that either/both of those things is the only thing keeping cruises from resuming.

I am prepared to assume that if the Australian Government gives the go ahead for cruises to resume from Australian ports, albeit with restrictions such as cruises to nowhere or within Australian and possibly New Zealand ports cruise lines won't be able to get down here fast enough.

4 minutes ago, MikeC1610 said:

I am prepared to assume that if the Australian Government gives the go ahead for cruises to resume from Australian ports, albeit with restrictions such as cruises to nowhere or within Australian and possibly New Zealand ports cruise lines won't be able to get down here fast enough.

Right, but the go ahead may not be based only on low COVID cases (already true, compared to the rest of the world) or vaccinations. Also, even when ships move there, it's not a given that the repo (like from Singapore) will a revenue one.

Edited by Biker19