Quantum Alaska Sailings Cancelled

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Right, but the go ahead may not be based only on low COVID cases (already true, compared to the rest of the world) or vaccinations. Also, even when ships move there, it's not a given that the repo (like from Singapore) will a revenue one.

I have read that the biggest hurdle to getting cruising going out of Aus/NZ is the inability to get crew members to fly in to those countries to get on the ships. International travel restrictions will not allow it. There are other hurdles of course but that is a show stopper for now and probably all of 2021.

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Right, but the go ahead may not be based only on low COVID cases (already true, compared to the rest of the world) or vaccinations. Also, even when ships move there, it's not a given that the repo (like from Singapore) will a revenue one.

I agree that it is most likely that the repositioning from Singapore will not be a revenue cruise due to the logistics of organising such a cruise at short notice and possibly because the Australian Government may still have a ban on overseas tourism.  I live in hope that things have improved dramatically by October 2021 and we can at least cruise from Australia in some form.

1 hour ago, MikeC1610 said:

I am prepared to assume that if the Australian Government gives the go ahead for cruises to resume from Australian ports, albeit with restrictions such as cruises to nowhere or within Australian and possibly New Zealand ports cruise lines won't be able to get down here fast enough.

If the Australian and New Zealand governments allow cruising to re start in October there is one school of thought that ships could take on a full crew and re locate here without passengers. Obviously such a cruise would run at a massive loss but the cruise could also be seen as a way of quarantine for all crew before arrival. More then likely there would be lots more processes involved before any passengers could be taken on for the Australian/NZ season. I would imagine any such cruises would be of a shorter duration and only available to Australian and NZ passengers. It's really too early to predict what might happen between now and October. 

On 1/21/2021 at 11:01 AM, molly361 said:

Isn't that your suite sailing?  If so congratulations!!

That is what I'm worrying about when the time comes to L&S again on our suite for our Cruise in September 2021, what if no cabins are left for the category we have booked. This 1 week before or after your sail date really limits availabilty.

I guess there is no way of holding a cabin now and then once they cancel sailing, then L&S to that cabin you were holding on September 2022.

Before when they allowed shifts 4 week before and after made Lifting and shifting easier.

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That is what I'm worrying about when the time comes to L&S again on our suite for our Cruise in September 2021, what if no cabins are left for the category we have booked. This 1 week before or after your sail date really limits availabilty.

I guess there is no way of holding a cabin now and then once they cancel sailing, then L&S to that cabin you were holding on September 2022.

Before when they allowed shifts 4 week before and after made Lifting and shifting easier.

Our TA was able to successfully L&S our August/September 2021 BTB to August/September 2022 sailing starting 8/28.  We did not get the same room as we had for this year but did get the same class room and are in the same room for both sailing.   

If you are on the Quantum of the Seas for Alaska then I suggest you contact your TA and or RCL and make immediate arragements for the L&S if that is what you want to do. 

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Our TA was able to successfully L&S our August/September 2021 BTB to August/September 2022 sailing starting 8/28.  We did not get the same room as we had for this year but did get the same class room and are in the same room for both sailing.   

If you are on the Quantum of the Seas for Alaska then I suggest you contact your TA and or RCL and make immediate arragements for the L&S if that is what you want to do. 

That option to shift to a date beyond April 30, 2022 was only available fir sailings on the Quantum and did not apply to any other sailings. 

• 2 weeks later...