Looks like FCC's are shareable and stackable

"The only time you are required to use your original travel agent in applying FCC's is if there is a disagreement over the amount of the FCC.  In that case Royal will only talk to the original travel agent to resolve the differences"

So as a travel agent, would you recommend going through your TA to apply the FCC's versus calling Royal to do it?  I have so many and would love to talk to Royal and get them all applied at the same time.  I'm wondering though, how does my TA know I've used them?  Will a new invoice be issued by Royal?  Thank you in advance, Ken.  I appreciate your knowledge and willingness to help with these kinds of issues.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only time you are required to use your original travel agent in applying FCC's is if there is a disagreement over the amount of the FCC.  In that case Royal will only talk to the original travel agent to resolve the differences

Thanks, Ken.  I don't usually use a TA, but, it was a last minute solo booking.  I was already spending $600 on airfare from Virginia to Florida 😲.  I saved $500 by booking a solo studio through the TA.  When March cancelled, I called TA to use  FCC for August.  That went off without a hitch.  I booked a new cruise through Royal's website for Nov 2020 then L&S'd it to Nov 2021.  I already had another Nov 2020 booked, which I L&S'd to Nov 2021 to make a B2B.  My final payment for both is due in a few weeks.  My FCC is $20 more than both finals combined.  I'm hoping to use FCC to pay both, although every thing on the website says the balance of your FCC will be reissued as a new FCC after you cruise?  If that's the problem, I understand that and will use the rest to book another cruise.  But, they are not letting me use it for either cruise. They say my FCC is inactive.  Why are these not stored under my C&A number?  I've seen you say these are shareable and I'm afraid that's what happened to me.  Somebody transposed a number and my FCC paid for some rando's cruise. 

39 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

Thanks, Ken.  I don't usually use a TA, but, it was a last minute solo booking.  I was already spending $600 on airfare from Virginia to Florida 😲.  I saved $500 by booking a solo studio through the TA.  When March cancelled, I called TA to use  FCC for August.  That went off without a hitch.  I booked a new cruise through Royal's website for Nov 2020 then L&S'd it to Nov 2021.  I already had another Nov 2020 booked, which I L&S'd to Nov 2021 to make a B2B.  My final payment for both is due in a few weeks.  My FCC is $20 more than both finals combined.  I'm hoping to use FCC to pay both, although every thing on the website says the balance of your FCC will be reissued as a new FCC after you cruise?  If that's the problem, I understand that and will use the rest to book another cruise.  But, they are not letting me use it for either cruise. They say my FCC is inactive.  Why are these not stored under my C&A number?  I've seen you say these are shareable and I'm afraid that's what happened to me.  Somebody transposed a number and my FCC paid for some rando's cruise. 

While you no longer have to wait for a cruise to be completed to redeem the balance of the FCC you wont be able to apply them both at the same time.  One gets applied and then it gets reissued (can be a couple days to a couple months.  If you are waiting for an FCC to be reissued Royal will extend final payment date to allow it to be applied.  I had one that kept getting extended over and over and was down to 30 days before sailing before the FCC became valid.

Don't worry about someone having transposed a number, too may check and balances that it won't be an issue.

there are lots of reasons that the FCC shows as invalid with the most common being that while the FCC has been issued there is no money attached to the FCC so it can't be redeemed.  This is where Royal may require the old TA to become involved.  Money often remains "stuck" on old bookings and not associated with FCC's

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruiser24 said:

"The only time you are required to use your original travel agent in applying FCC's is if there is a disagreement over the amount of the FCC.  In that case Royal will only talk to the original travel agent to resolve the differences"

So as a travel agent, would you recommend going through your TA to apply the FCC's versus calling Royal to do it?  I have so many and would love to talk to Royal and get them all applied at the same time.  I'm wondering though, how does my TA know I've used them?  Will a new invoice be issued by Royal?  Thank you in advance, Ken.  I appreciate your knowledge and willingness to help with these kinds of issues.

That's what your TA is there for.

TA's can see any FCC that was issued from a reservation that they initially created and will see the balance once it is reissued if it was applied to a booking they made.  they cannot see FCC's thet were made from a reservation that you made direct or with another TA.

I always have  a new invoice immediately after a FCC is applied showing the updated totals.  When TA's call to have them applied they are added immediately and TA's can generate invoices any time they want.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

While you no longer have to wait for a cruise to be completed to redeem the balance of the FCC you wont be able to apply them both at the same time.  One gets applied and then it gets reissued (can be a couple days to a couple months.  If you are waiting for an FCC to be reissued Royal will extend final payment date to allow it to be applied. 

Well, that's two pieces of good news.  Hopefully, I can get this resolved.  I'm calling again Monday, I expect they are short staffed on the weekend.    I have an FCC with Carnival, as well, haven't even started that process.  That cruise has to be booked by end of September.  I'm supposed to be on MSC then, so, need to get started on that, as well.  If any of these cruises get cancelled, I'm just taking a refund.  Thanks for taking the time to explain all this to me.