Looks like FCC's are shareable and stackable

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

So do I have any options to not lose this $800 (I paid for entire cruise for all 10 of us) and would hope there is some way to use it....Thanks for your always appreciated help.

Upgrade or book another cruise.

You could also call post cruise on the slim chance they would allow an exception and have excess applied to another cabin

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Upgrade or book another cruise.

You could also call post cruise on the slim chance they would allow an exception and have excess applied to another cabin

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I added another option to my post.

14 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Sorry...my foggy senior brain doesn't understand this option.

Go back to my original post.  While you were responding to my one line reply I added more to my post.

call post  cruise guest relations an$ see if an exception can be made that will allow excess FCC from one reservation be applied against another reservation. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

6 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Now if only I could get the FCC issued in my niece's name (the deposit that I paid for her) applied to my booking... since her family isn't interested in sailing anytime soon because of Covid. I imagine that won't happen though.

How old is she?  If she is 12 or under you can call and get it applied to your reservation. 

7 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I hadn't thought of that.

@Ourusualbeach,

Do you know if that can be done?

Thanks.

Tom

New Policy -- Explanation in Royal Caribbean Blog   https://www.*****.com/2021/01/25/royal-caribbean-will-now-let-guests-combine-future-cruise-credits?fbclid=IwAR2apDSr5cj2WZLusSlGtc3c3nfr938VMBhC0vieVwCZI8FHEMH2mC_q3ag

18 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I’m surprised that with as long as you have been on here you didn’t know that you can’t post links from that site. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would still call post cruise guest relations as technically she is still a minor as she cannot travel on her own.  There have been exceptions granted. 

Well, I gave it a try and didn't get anywhere. The lesson I learned from this experience is that I make sure that I book a room with a refundable deposit from now on. It was worth a try!

4 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Well, I gave it a try and didn't get anywhere. The lesson I learned from this experience is that I make sure that I book a room with a refundable deposit from now on. It was worth a try!

I would try writing a letter to the executive offices.  Nothing to lose.  Mbayley@rccl.com

3 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

@Ourusualbeach email has been sent to Mr. Bayley... I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Is it because she's over 12....If so I don't get their reasoning since she can't sail alone.

I wonder if anyone has been approved for the transfer if the child was 12/under...my understanding is that is allowable and I'm going to try for that for our Apr 2022 cruise. Originally four in a cabin with two under 12's and substitute two adults making it four adults.

27 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Is it because she's over 12....If so I don't get their reasoning since she can't sail alone.

I wonder if anyone has been approved for the transfer if the child was 12/under...my understanding is that is allowable and I'm going to try for that for our Apr 2022 cruise. Originally four in a cabin with two under 12's and substitute two adults making it four adults.

Yes, it's because she is 17. I don't hold out much hope that I can recoup the FCC, but I was willing to give it a try. They did say if she was under 12 they could transfer the FCC to her parents, which in our case doesn't help at all. I paid the deposit, not them. And they do not want to plan any travel at this time due to Covid. So they aren't interested in the FCC.