Looks like FCC's are shareable and stackable

39 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Is it because she's over 12....If so I don't get their reasoning since she can't sail alone.

I wonder if anyone has been approved for the transfer if the child was 12/under...my understanding is that is allowable and I'm going to try for that for our Apr 2022 cruise. Originally four in a cabin with two under 12's and substitute two adults making it four adults.

I have had some approved for those under 12 from a global suspension cancellation.  Royal seems to be more flexible with exceptions when it comes to cruises that they cancelled vs cancellations done via Cruise with Confidence

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2021 at 10:03 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Upgrade or book another cruise.

You could also call post cruise on the slim chance they would allow an exception and have excess applied to another cabin

Solved our problem and booked another cruise...Alaska Sept 2022...Thanks for all your input :classic_biggrin:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

If you accept a FCC how long do you have to take a cash refund if you did change your mind 

The only way to get a cash refund from an FCC is if Royal cancelled the cruise.  Typically they have given you 2-3 months to change your mind.  Also you can ally change your mind and request a refund if you have not applied the FCC to a new reservation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only way to get a cash refund from an FCC is if Royal cancelled the cruise.  Typically they have given you 2-3 months to change your mind.  Also you can ally change your mind and request a refund if you have not applied the FCC to a new reservation. 

Our usual beach  - god you no your stuff. U most know everything about royal 😃

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing announced yet.  The February promo does not include Kids Sail Free.  This promo may not come back for a while.

Ill keep a look out do you think it will come back this year for 2022

Edited by Garyjames220

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.

Too bad you can't just book and reprice.

The price could go up so much while you are waiting for a KSF promo

what do you mean by book and re price. Are you allowed to change The booking to a different offer if you want to, not sure if it’s different for uk bookings 

3 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

what do you mean by book and re price. Are you allowed to change The booking to a different offer if you want to, not sure if it’s different for uk bookings 

That's what I was referring to.  You can't do that in the UK but in North America I would just book it today to lock in a price and then if they offered the KSF and it was cheaper then we just call to get the lower price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a FCC question.

In May 2020 we had the 4 bedroom suite on Liberty.  Obviously, cancelled and took the 125% FCC.

Rebooked September 2021 an owners suite and 2 balconies.  RC allowed me to share the 4 FCCs which paid for the 2 balconies and all but a small amount for the OS.  It’s the 9 day Canada/New England.

IF for some reason I have to cancel this cruise what happens to the FCCs? Especially, what would the expiration date be.

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, ATG said:

I have a FCC question.

In May 2020 we had the 4 bedroom suite on Liberty.  Obviously, cancelled and took the 125% FCC.

Rebooked September 2021 an owners suite and 2 balconies.  RC allowed me to share the 4 FCCs which paid for the 2 balconies and all but a small amount for the OS.  It’s the 9 day Canada/New England.

IF for some reason I have to cancel this cruise what happens to the FCCs? Especially, what would the expiration date be.

Thanks!

They should  be reissued to their original form that they were in after the liberty.  Apply by April 30, 2022 and sail by Sept 30, 2022

Since FCC's are issued for each guest sailing it is not a big deal to have them applied to different cabins as the FCC follows the guest and not the cabin

Edited by Ourusualbeach

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They should  be reissued to their original form that they were in after the liberty.  Apply by April 30, 2022 and sail by Sept 30, 2022

Since FCC's are issued for each guest sailing it is not a big deal to have them applied to different cabins as the FCC follows the guest and not the cabin

Thanks, that’s what I thought.

The sharing was that they set up the FCC evenly for all 4 of us.  The balcony cabin for our 2 sons was quite a bit less than their share of the FCC.  Even the other balcony was less than one FCC.  They allowed us to allocate the “leftover” FCC to the owners suite.  We booked both sons in one balcony, DH in other balcony and me in OS since DH and I are over 340 points and single supplement is only 150% not 200%.  Saved us quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, ATG said:

Thanks, that’s what I thought.

The sharing was that they set up the FCC evenly for all 4 of us.  The balcony cabin for our 2 sons was quite a bit less than their share of the FCC.  Even the other balcony was less than one FCC.  They allowed us to allocate the “leftover” FCC to the owners suite.  We booked both sons in one balcony, DH in other balcony and me in OS since DH and I are over 340 points and single supplement is only 150% not 200%.  Saved us quite a bit.

To do the same type of "sharing" should not be an issue

11 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

@OurusualbeachI can't tell you how thankful I am for your advice! I heard back from the executive office, and they did transfer my niece's FCC to me and applied it to my cruise! I am so excited to not lose out on $450!

@AshlandI can hardly believe that it worked, but it did! I think I wrote a good email 😊

Awesome news!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

I was wondering. I noticed you can change your cruise 48 hours before a sailing. However is that once only per a booking or more than once if needed

More than once as long as it meets the requirements which is it has to be booked by April 30, 2021 and sail by April 30, 2022.

Be careful on the 48 hours...it is 48 hours prior to the date of departure not 48 hours prior to the ship sailing......a difference of about 16 hours